View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #37

S/C/G: 258/236/175

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a few weeks, but thought I'd go ahead and join. Here's my info.

PERSONAL INFORMATION: I'm married with 2 dogs and cat. I am a pet sitter and dog walker - great job, absolutely love it. My music tastes are pretty eclectic. I prefer non-fiction type television generally, but my favourite shows include Big Bang Theory, Rick Mercer, and 22 Minutes. I love to travel - we plan one big holiday each year. I live in eastern Ontario.

DIABETES INFORMATION: I was diagnosed with Type 2 about 2 months ago. No medications or anything. So far I've got good control I think, with diet and exercise. Still learning how things effect my levels.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: I'm a 5'7" female, 41 years old. I was about 258 when I was diagnosed near the beginning of August. I'm currently about 237, so I've lost about 20 pounds. I'm watching the carbs that I eat, I've reduced my portions (I'm hungry a lot), and I've increased my exercise. I've committed to at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. I wasn't able to do much for about a week and a half because of an injury, but I'm starting to get more active again. I'm hoping to be down to 175 by the middle of next summer. We'll see how that goes!

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVMENTS: I'm hoping to have my blood sugar under great control. I'm hoping to be much more in shape and healthier than I have been.
doggirl is offline   Reply With Quote