Old 10-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default *** Weekly Chat Oct 6 – 12 ***

Hey everyone,
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I haven’t read whats been going on since I left for my trip (no internet or should I say I’m too cheap to buy internet there). I had a great time in San Diego over the weekend. Lots of networking, I seemed to make a really good impression on everyone I met. Plus I had a ton of fun, it’s a great area to be in, my friends came to visit. I had lots of free time to explore and walk (I didn’t hit the gym but I think I walked like 5 miles one day and 10 the next around the city). It’s funny that walking that much doesn’t even phase me now whereas my friends were exhausted. We celebrated my birthday which is really Wednesday but I obviously will not see them because they are back in Phoenix and I’m in Michigan. But I never managed to get off east coast time so when we were at the bar after dinner I was exhausted and at like we called it an early night.

How was everyone elses weekend?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Good morning! I woke up this morning a little tired, but I'm good. I had a great weekend. I just chilled. I don't know what my deal was, but I ate under calories and exercised more than normal. But TOM came so I'm up on the scale, but it's ok.

At work, it's so funny. The question I'm asked when I went into the shop was how my weekend was and what are my plans this weekend. I was like it's Monday I have no idea. So a parentally I've been invited to this birthday party this weekend but I don't know think it would be a good idea for me to go.

I may be coming to terms with the idea that I may be in the 280's forever but maybe a size 12. lol I keep losing inches but no weight. I mean this is getting crazy. 4 pounds in 3 months?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #3  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I'm only working three days this week...woohooo! Took my birthday off so I can spend all day in the braid shop...LOL! oh well, at least I'll be looking flyy (that's right, I said flyy) for our night out on Saturday. I'mma get a little tipsy and shake what my mama (and french fries and milky ways) gave me.

I had the kind of weekend that i would have missed if I blinked...that freaking quick. I'm sure that Friday afternoon was like three minutes ago. I didn't eat too much...cereal and a grilled chicken sandwich (with fries) on Saturday and brunch on Sunday...didn't work out either. So for the next three days, I'm going to really good...I refuse to feel guilty about that pizza I'm having on my b-day when I haven't had good pizza in 4 freaking years (my 21st birthday when I set about this life style change)

I'm looking forward to Thursday...I have a 7am appointment, and I had to beg my mom for a ride since there is no parking downtown, but I'm looking forward to sitting in that chair for 8 some odd hours getting my hair done and losing myself in 19th century England.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies, I hope everyone had a good weekend. I didn't get on here much. I read the first Twilight book this weekend and I can not wait to get started on the second one! Yep, I'm totally addicted.

I did ok food wise this weekend, I went a little overboard Friday night, but it wasn't anything I felt too guilty about. I worked out everyday, except for yesterday, Sundays are usully my day off. I feel like I actually have control again, and that feels great. I hate that out of control feeling.

I'm going to do a lot of cleaning today, and take a long walk outside. The weather is beautiful! I wish it was like this all year.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #5  

Casey- I'm so jealous! I miss the Arkansas weather in the fall. It's so nice. Don't get me wrong it's nice in CA, but there's something about AR weather that I miss.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #6  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

my weekend wasn't terrible. Friday night we went out for tex-mex but DH and I split a plate (about 60/40) so it wasn't that bad. Saturday night my mother in law made us some quesadillas but I only had 2 small ones. I didn't gain any weight this weekend, but I didn't lose any either. Small victory I suppose. This morning I had to call in to work because my mother in law is sick and I couldn't make alternate arrangements for childcare. I really hate that I feel terrible for leaving them in a lurch like that.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Casey- I'm so jealous! I miss the Arkansas weather in the fall. It's so nice. Don't get me wrong it's nice in CA, but there's something about AR weather that I miss.
I know, it is beautiful. The air is just clear and fresh (as apposed to the 80% humidity we grew accustomed to this summer). Fall is definitely my favorite season.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! I'm getting more into using the site. It really is a big help to me. Saturday I walked 3 miles, and Sunday I walked 2. I also got on the bike for 10 min and did some strength trainingw/my arms. In retospect, two days of powerwalking in a row were probably NOT the best idea. Ah well, another lesson learned.

At work today it was someone's birthday, so there were a lot of sweets. I managed to have just 2 doughnut holes. It was crazy. I actually felt pressured. I had a good breakfast and really had no desire for sweets, but you don't want to seem like the anti-social food psycho. And as we speak, I'm having a Wendy's chicken grill for lunch. There was a mishap with my bowl melting in the microwave, so I lost my healthy lunch. I guess I'm still not doing too bad.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #9  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Beaka, I'm always the anti social food psycho. You get used to it. I did a lot of temp work back in 2006 where I was working in these office type settings with lots of people with birthdays every freaking day and even when I'm not 'dieting', I don't eat cake or ice cream. Or there is unlimited soda somewhere or an assortment of bagels. So they'd offer and I'd decline and I get that look...you know the look. The one that says, "You know you want it" or "Yeah, you need to turn it down." I've been at this place for two years and folks know not to bring me anything unless I specifically ask for it.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #10  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Quote:
Good morning! I woke up this morning a little tired, but I'm good. I had a great weekend. I just chilled. I don't know what my deal was, but I ate under calories and exercised more than normal. But TOM came so I'm up on the scale, but it's ok.

At work, it's so funny. The question I'm asked when I went into the shop was how my weekend was and what are my plans this weekend. I was like it's Monday I have no idea. So a parentally I've been invited to this birthday party this weekend but I don't know think it would be a good idea for me to go.

I may be coming to terms with the idea that I may be in the 280's forever but maybe a size 12. lol I keep losing inches but no weight. I mean this is getting crazy. 4 pounds in 3 months?
Just say no to little kid birthday parties! They are chaotic, and the food is usually loaded with fat and sugar. Don't feel bad about not losing on the scale, I've been stagnating and gaining and losing the same three lbs for two weeks now, but I look thinner and I'm wearing a size 12 jeans today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
I'm only working three days this week...woohooo! Took my birthday off so I can spend all day in the braid shop...LOL! oh well, at least I'll be looking flyy (that's right, I said flyy) for our night out on Saturday. I'mma get a little tipsy and shake what my mama (and french fries and milky ways) gave me.

I had the kind of weekend that i would have missed if I blinked...that freaking quick. I'm sure that Friday afternoon was like three minutes ago. I didn't eat too much...cereal and a grilled chicken sandwich (with fries) on Saturday and brunch on Sunday...didn't work out either. So for the next three days, I'm going to really good...I refuse to feel guilty about that pizza I'm having on my b-day when I haven't had good pizza in 4 freaking years (my 21st birthday when I set about this life style change)

I'm looking forward to Thursday...I have a 7am appointment, and I had to beg my mom for a ride since there is no parking downtown, but I'm looking forward to sitting in that chair for 8 some odd hours getting my hair done and losing myself in 19th century England.
Nice, I love taking a "spa day" and getting my hair, mani-pedi, and facial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighish View Post
my weekend wasn't terrible. Friday night we went out for tex-mex but DH and I split a plate (about 60/40) so it wasn't that bad. Saturday night my mother in law made us some quesadillas but I only had 2 small ones. I didn't gain any weight this weekend, but I didn't lose any either. Small victory I suppose. This morning I had to call in to work because my mother in law is sick and I couldn't make alternate arrangements for childcare. I really hate that I feel terrible for leaving them in a lurch like that.
I'm having babysitter drama too. I don't know what I would do without my friends, who never fail to pick up the slack when something goes wrong. I'll be paying for it next weekend though when I have a housefull of kids to watch while the mommies have a night out.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #11  

Well, the party is a grown up party. But I still don't think it's a good idea. I work in the office and they're out in the plant. I don't know him and people love to talk. I would hate to have something going around and then I'd have to bust some heads and get fired.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #12  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Quote:
Well, the party is a grown up party. But I still don't think it's a good idea. I work in the office and they're out in the plant. I don't know him and people love to talk. I would hate to have something going around and then I'd have to bust some heads and get fired.
Ya, you don't wanna be doing any head bustin'. 'Cause I'm pretty sure thats frowned on in most work places.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #13  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I would say its frowned on in my workplace but some days I'm not so sure....

gosh, the BMI scale really is a big pile of crap, isn't it? It tells me that for my height I could go down to 128lbs before being considered underweight. Chicks, do me a favour, if I ever feel compelled to get to 140lbs or lower, please smack me across the forehead? If you look at the photos linked in my signature, you can see why I don't think getting to 140lbs or lower is a good plan. The good news is that according to the BMI to be in the healthy range at all I just need to add 6 more lbs to my ultimate goal. haha. I think even that is pushing it but I guess I won't know until I get there. Also, according to the BMI I was obese 2lbs ago. Hmm. Yeah.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #14  
Get through today

Hey everyone! I survived another weekend and I'm happy about that. Saturday went to see Nights in Rodanthe with my mom and her friend Abby. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who wants to go see it but let's just say it had a part I KNEW my mom wouldn't like, and since I didn't do proper research, I didn't know it was going to happy and she was teasingly po'ed. And then yesterday me and my pa put new windows and a patio door in my house. My bro was supposed to help but he never showed and didn't call. I was getting worried, but found out he talked to my mom and just made up some excused. I guess I'm just really disheartened and sad about that, because that has never been our relationship. Oh well, whatever... Oh, and the best part of the weekend (she says with sarcasm) is I get to get my car fixed and drop a load of money in that -- heat to work for the winter and all... For the most part the car has been descent so I'm not that upset, and I know it's getting up there in miles so, I'll just have to deal. So, a descent weekend!

RemeberHowToSmile -- I'm so happy you had fun on your trip!! And seeing friends is always such a treat, especially those you don't see very often.

Here we go again -- Haha, sometimes I wonder that about me too. It totally doesn't make sense to me how the number doesn't match the inches. I'm beginning to think that scales are somehow tied with optical illusions.... Yeah, and don't bust some heads and get fired, that would probably ruin your week!

caligirl98 -- Flyy, reminds me of In living color, with the fly girls... haha, ahh memories! A day of hair pampering sounds like a good way to spend the day!

caseygail21 -- ahh Twilight, I just read the second book again for the I dunno what time. I appreciate it more and more each time I read it. Oh, and you reminded me I need to do some cleaning as well, it's like my eyes have gotten used to the mess!

beaka -- Office birthday's are the worst, especially if it feels like an obligation to eat whatever they brought (sometimes I lie and say I already did... to avoid any of those "looks"). Luckily I work in an office now with a woman who will eat anything left out, so I don't have to worry about the food for long... haha

ghost -- Size 12 jeans, awesome!!

leighish -- BMI or recommended weight charts are so general that it doesn't take into account all the factors. Ahh, blagh, that's what I say!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Ya, you don't wanna be doing any head bustin'. 'Cause I'm pretty sure thats frowned on in most work places.
lol Well it is a family owned business. I'm the only non family member in the office. I'm sure I could get away with some of it, b/c I have threatened violence before.

I just know how some guys are. You go out just as friends and all of the sudden they like or there's a rumor that you like them. I'm just not in the mood for that. It's bad enough that when I go out to the production floor I get the winks and looks from the guys, don't need the rumor mill a circulating. It just stinks, b/c I get lonely in CA. I know people but everyone's busy and I miss going out with my friends and having fun.