Old 10-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Lean Cuisine Day: (omg, I love LC)

Huh, so I definitely learned something about myself today.
I cannot stock up on Lean Cuisine sandwiches!

I love them so much, I had one for breakfast, lunch, and now dinner.

Not a very balanced day, but at least I'm still under my calories for the day.

Good grief... anyone else have a food like that?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #2  
I will do this.

Yup. Mine is tuna fish and soup. I actually had a post here and asked if I was eating too much tuna and basically a women who worked in the mayo clinic told me I was ok.

You might wanna try some fresh fruit and a small salad with your LC. I know their stuff is really good - but ALSO watch out for the sodium intake. Their stuff is FILLED with it and sodium can be bad for blood pressure, bloating and a bunch of other stuff.

And as with all things - moderation is the key. I wouldn't continue eating one for every meal - but I have been known to eat LC a few times a week and they are really YUMMY!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #3  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I love LC to but its not good to eat them all the time cuz its just processed and some of them have alot of sodium. U should also incorporate real food like fruits and vegs. I'm on WW so I have some tv dinners every once in a while but I eat real food as well.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #4  
:)

Height: 5'7

I love them too! I have one for lunch M-F almost every week. I don't really like the sandwiches though, the Sesame Chicken is my FAVORITE!
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/226/150

Height: 5'2''

I love them too, but try to buy the ones that are lower in sodium, and I always add a cup of steamed veggies and a salad with them, makes it a bit more balanced, not to mention full of fibre!
campinbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

Lean Cuisines seem like the lesser of the evils (micromeals) but I agree with what's been said before- the sodium is just so high, I'd be apprehensive about them being my sole source of food for the day! I don't even like to depend on them for daily lunches all that much, I start to get that "processed" feeling.
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

OMG I love lean cuisines! That's basically like my diet! Because I'm a calorie counter I get stressed out if I can't figure out EXACTLY how many calories something is! I've started to vary it a bit more recently because I feel like my stomach has shrunk to an appropriate level so I get full and can't eat the huge quantities of crap I used to =).

But yeah I would eat a LC for lunch and dinner with 100 calorie packs thrown in and then for breakfast fruit, granola bar, pb crackers (for on the go), oatmeal, etc. And they're so low in calories that you can eat different snacks throughtout the day so you aren't ever really hungry!

As you can tell I'm a big supporter of LC =). But yeah, I don't really pay attention to anything aside from the calories. I really don't care about the sodium content so long as they taste good and they're low in calories =).
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #8  
LA Weight Loss

S/C/G: 156/110/110

Height: 5'0"

i love love love Lean Cuisines.. Since I'm not much of a cook, I like just being able to stick them in oven and hang out until they're done.. I definitely like 'Smart Ones' meals, too.. It's called 3 Cheese Ziti Marinara, and it's FABULOUS
misserica3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I've decided to only buy them one or two at a time, so I don't have to resist eating them for every meal. I'm definitely one of those people who finds a food and sticks to it.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 228.6/226.3/125

Height: 5 feet

I love Lean Cuisine meals for a quick lunch. Although if I want pizza I get the Healthy Choice brand. (I think that the flavor is a lot better than the Lean Cuisine.)
Maggie Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

They can be addictive! my fav one is the veggie chicken in parmesan sauce. I usually balance them out with lots of steamed veggies or a salad
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

i always steam a cup of stirfry veggies (frozen or fresh) and mix it with my lean cuisine..make is so filling and a little healthier! I try to always drink extra water if I'm eating one of these because of the high sodium.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #13  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

OMG I was so addicted to LC meals this summer... Now that I've started school I have to eat at the dining hall at school, and I really miss the pre-portioned-ness of LC (not to mention the fact that they actually provide nutritional information... The cafeteria, not so much!) Mmm, now I really want some Santa Fe rice and beans, hehe.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #14  
Sword Fighter

S/C/G: 198/185/150

Height: 5/8

I like lean cuisine, but some of the SmartOnes are really good too.

I eat the frozen meals for lunch pretty much everyday-my old habit was drive-thru pretty much everyday, so even though they're high in sodium, they're a much better alternative.
MissDion is offline   Reply With Quote