Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Anyone else have binge dreams?

Okay, so I've been doing really well... It's about day 50 since I started my diet and I haven't binged/overeaten for the whole time.

I'm counting calories, and trying to stay between 1350-1550ish, but somedays I eat around 1300. On those days (and it seems like the magic number!) I always have dreams where I'm binging like crazy, so I'm guessing even though my body doesn't feel too hungry, I probably am.

Not nightmares, really, but things like being in a candy store or bakery or even party with a buffet, where I can eat as much as I want. It seems like these go on for hours, and when I wake up I'm ravenous (though usually after oatmeal or cereal I'm okay again, so I think it's not really real hunger).

Before I started losing weight, I used to have these dreams, but I always took my food and hid with it, and felt embarassed the whole dream. Now, always in the dream, I'm in public, with friends, and not embarrassed, and I almost always think (in the dream) something like...oh no, I messed up my diet for the day, but I can make up for it later. It feels like it's a bit healthier than they used to be.

Anyway, does anyone else have these dreams?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

YES!! well, sort of. I definitely have dreams where I'm binging. Usually on sweets... brownies, last time. I usually DON'T wake up hungry, though, so I kind of like them... I mean they really disturb me but it's like binging without all the physical consequences.

hey, by the way - congrats on 50 days without binging or even overeating! that's a long time! =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'7

I actually had several dreams where I was chain-smoking cigarettes. Just one after another in a huge cloud of smoke. It felt like I was stuffing my face, but only with cigarettes, which is weird since I don't smoke cigarettes.
Fatter Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'8

Yes I have these dreams also, but when I first had one I woke up with a heavy feeling in my stomach like I had screwed up my diet. It took me a couple of minutes to realize it was a dream and that I didn't binge.
clewles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:16 AM   #5  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I don't have dreams where I binge, but I have a lot of dreams about being in public places and surrounded my food. Quite often I'm very confused and just cant figure out what to eat, other times I'm just looking at the food. I think it's very important to take note of these dreams because it helps us figure out how we're feeling about food, when many of us probably ignore it.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

thanks iris, and I agree Spoz... it's important to not dismiss them, because they could help us figure out how we're feeling about food.

My dreams are almost always sweets too! The funny thing is, sometimes I have dreams where I'm in a candy store or whatever, but I never eat anything! I'm just stuffing my pockets/bags and it does feel really good sometimes. (especially in the morning after I've had breakfast, and I don't have to worry about feeling out of control).

I still like the dreams where I"m flying better, though
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #7  
All is full of Love

S/C/G: 190/170/140

Height: 5'7"

lol i have dreams like that too. heaven= eat however much of whatever you want
AllIsFullOfLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/185/115

Height: 5'6''

I totally have binge dreams! Cake, candies, chocolates... mostly sweets. Its weird, though, because I'll wake up full.
"I can't believe I ate all that! Wait, that was a dream?"
Sweetypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #9  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

OMG, I had a binge dream the other night, probably the first one I've had. I was binging on halloween candy and I remember what I ate. Reeses peanut butter cups and soft carmels. They are my favorite. I've been having halloween anxiety. I cannot control myself around halloween candy. It starts as just one, and then two hours later I have a tummy ache and lots of guilt.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I don't really have binge dreams, but I do dream about eating. I will wake up and my mouth will be chewing on... nothing! I've done it in the car before and my husband will wake me up and say "What were you eating this time?"
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #11  
Intuitive Eater

lol modkitten, that's funny.

This is really strange. I saw this thread the other day but didn't read it. Well, last night I had a binge dream. But you guys were lucky ... eating candy and good stuff! I was binging on live fish right out of the pond (more like a swimming pool). How gross is that?!?!? AACCKK!!!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #12  
Intuitive Eater

I just realized how funny that is seeing that I have a cat for an avatar! lol But it's true!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #13  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

At least it isn't Gollum, that would have been hilarious as well
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #14  
Intuitive Eater

hehehe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T54dk64JH4o
Old 10-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #15  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

I used to be a very active bulimic. When I got treatment and stopped being symtomatic I had nightly binge dreams. They were upsetting because I had all the binge associated bad feelings but also a relief b/c it didn't actually take place.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote