Old 10-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Today I hate being a diabetic

Had an appointment at the diabetes center today. I go every three months, and every time it gets to me more and more. I feel like they find another reason to give me another test or tell me I have something else. Today was a test for . I don't mind needles or blood, but the idea of having to take another medication and another to my already growing list, and I am only 243. I know people have it worse than me, but really, going to these appointments makes me hate being sick that much more. Here is my growing list of ailments

Diabetes, Type 1
hashimoto thyroiditis
HPV (I am having further tests for this on Monday, stay tuned)
Cushing Syndrome (I have all the symptoms, just waiting for the official diagnoses)

I don't know how much fight I have left!
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

You are a strong, strong woman . . . and don't you dare try to forget that . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #3  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

S/C/G: 300/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

You have more strength in you than you have ever dreamed. It doesn't come out until it is tested. You do have a right to feel bad about being diagnosed with things, but I recommend a 6-minute limit. 6 minutes of feeling however badly you want to, then cut it off, get up, go out and have a life. Sure these are inconvenient. Highly sometimes. But, thinking like that is no way to have a life. BTW, may I pray for you? I used to have all kinds of dire diagnoses and now at this late date (58) they are all gone! And - prayer - it's what I do. With a good husband, books, movies - and, you are losing weight! - you are well situated to have a good life no matter how many bummer visits you have to slog through. Delita
delitaagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #4  

I am not one to stop a prayer. I actually gave myself a day a couple weeks ago, I had all day 8am-5pm while my husband was at work, to cry and feel bad. It took all day too, which I didn't think it would. Now with this newest diagnoses, i read about it, realize it's not that bad and moved on.

I really think they should give you something for surviving these appointments
Old 10-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/279/180

Height: 5'10"

Amanda,

I don't know what to say, but I do agree with Delita about living life. It might be difficult to do, but try to look outward. Absorb the energy that is all around you. With all the strength you have, put one foot in front of the other on a path to doing something you love to do.

It is not my intention to seem to diminish the burdens or trials you are having, I just want to help encourage you.

Meowee is right! You are a strong, strong woman.

Good luck,

Dyan
Iconoclast at Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

AMANDA . . . atta girl.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #7  

Hi Amanda im rosey and i can relate to how u feel ..I was hospitalized for 5 months and had 3 surguries,etc and am now home altho im handicapped..i spent alot of time grieving for the person i was befor and the why me's..its normal then i got on with life and did the best i could..i learned so much about myself..we as women are very strong and so are u,consider it a journey..my motto that i'd like to share is"you have to find joy in the hand you are dealt" hope this helps you find your "joy" rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #8  

Hi all,
I know, it's been a while. Things are going well, but I have a horrible cold!!! I do not have Cushing syndrome and my HPV is mild and they said I have a better chance of getting hit by a bus then I have getting cervical cancer. I guess all the prayers must have worked. If you can, please keep my co-works in your thoughts, since it did so well for me. In the same week, Kim was diagnosed with breast cancer and John with a brain tumor, so it has not been a good week at work!
I am tired, but hanging in there.