Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #1  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Default 40's October Chatter

Morning girls. It's October. How did we get to October? The year is racing by. Thought I would start a new thread seeing as it's the first of the month.

I have been very busy with my volunteer work. We are moving to a new building and there is a ton of work to do. It's all done by volunteers. It's almost like a full time job at the minute. Today I'm taking the day off and going out to get my hair cut and lunch with a friend. Looking forward to it.

Biggest Loser last night sad to see Jerry leave but he is doing so well on his own at home. It was very touching what he said at the end. I had a huge lump in my throat.

Enjoy the day.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/212/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, Thanks for starting October Clyde I went on a lovely hike this weekend the fall air is perfect walking weather. I have still been dealing with the remanants of my summer leg infection, but tonight I get my Picc line taken out so I hope to get excercising regularly again. I haven't lost any weight this month, but I didn't regain either which I'm happy with.
clayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Happy October everyone! (thanks Clydegirl)

I haven't been watching Biggest Loser.
Cayr-
I hope you feel better. I hate when you get an injury and then can't work out. I had a problem with heel spurs and had to buy special sneakers. (That's what I get for wearing flip flops all summer!) I couldn't do anything for three days and was scared that I would get out of my routine. That is where I have fallen off the wagon before. Remember not gaining is as important as losing...maintaining is a good word.
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Clayr, good to see you again! Maybe little by little, you'll get past that infection. What a pain!

Thanks, Clyde, for starting the new thread. Can't believe it is October. Come on 40's chicks! Let's hear from you!

Gotta go, I'm at work.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #5  
One pound at a time.

I have had a lovely day

We went for coffee and then had our hair done. Then off to Chevy's for lunch.

After lunch we went to a bra shop and treated ourselves. We were measured and had a bra fitting done. I feel so uplifted What a difference. Of course I was wearing the wrong size bra. So I bought 2 new ones and feel like a new woman.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #6  
One pound at a time.

Morning girls.

Here I go again. My weigh in and I'm up 1.5 lbs. Aaagghhh. Why do I do this to myself?

Hi girls come and chat.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #7  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Hope you're all enjoying the month of October. It's finally starting to cool down a little here in Connecticut. As great as summer is, I adore the fall and all the wonderful clothing that comes with it. And the leaves here are really ramping up - just gorgeous beyond belief!

Well, tomorrow our little family is headed out to Ann Arbor, Michigan for Homecoming. I haven't been there in 2 years, and I can't wait! I'll get to see my 2 dearest college girlfriends and their families. Of course on Saturday, we'll go to the football game; hopefully, Michigan can pull off a win, this is a "rebuilding" year for them! But no matter - we'll have a great time no matter what. My son is so excited he can barely stand it. Our flight's at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning, so we have to leave the house pretty early to get down to LaGuardia airport.

Haven't lost any weight this week but am holding steady, so yes, I consider that a victory as well. I'll be doing so much walking around campus this weekend, so that will hopefully offset any naughty eating that might occur.

Have a great day, everyone!
LetsGoMets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

I just can't get up enough courage to get a bra fitting. I'm sure I could do a lot better than I am with the ones I have, but just can't subject myself to that. Spooky to me.

Don't worry, Clyde, you'll get it back off. You're having a great year overall, so it will continue!

Busy with sports and kids. Oh... and work.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #9  
47er

S/C/G: 215/191/155

Default Hi chickies

It is good to be back home. Thanks Sue and Hattie22 for the encouragement. It helped me get through and put things into perspective. We found the leak in the air matress so was able to get descent sleep. Made the best of the family situation. Ended up having a wonderful time all in all. After Florida, we went to NC to look at property and visit my two best friends. I used to live in raleigh and one of my best friends moved to the area so we went to check things out. it is so much cheaper than California and we could actually afford a house there. It was cheaper to fly from Cali to Tampa, Fl to NC and back to Cali then a direct flight to Tampa and back to Cali so we decied to check things out. Tony (my DH) met my two best friends and their families and fell in love with the area so our goal is to move in a year. We are so ready to go. I hate San Jose. People are so rude, traffic sucks and the cost of living is out of control. I will miss my friends and my son most of all but that is it. Brandon my son is moving to Tahoe next month and I will probaably see him more if we move back east. Sorry for the ramble but it has been awhile since I have posted.

Got home Tuesday and found out I gained 3.5 lbs but I am still in Onederland so that is a positive. I look at it this way..it could have been alot worse. I need to change my weight avatar to reflect the gain. I realy don't want to

Congrats LetsgoMets on reaching the 180's:

Shy: Sorry for your loss. Be careful with the bronchitis. When I got it in April, it turned into Walking Pneumonia.

Suenami: congrats on the move to midwest and your continued weightloss. you are doing great!

Clayr: Glad your leg is better...sounds like the infection is gone even though you have reminders.

Clydegirl: Glad you are taking time out for yourself. Isn't having the right bra great?

Hi everyone else! It's good to be back in touch!
dolphinlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #10  
Pam9397

S/C/G: 200/200/165

Height: 5'10

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this thread and hope you don't mind another person. I really need all the motivation I can get.
I have only had my second weigh in and already gained .4. Thought I was following the plan pretty well. Guess not.
Well, on the plus side I walked 3 miles yesterday and about 2 today so that made me feel pretty good.
Sounds like you are a bunch of nice people and I hope to get to know you all. Have a great night.

Pam
Pam9397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #11  
One pound at a time.

Hi Pam welcome to the 40's.

Pop in every day and chat. We have a nice bunch of people here.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #12  

Hi Pam! Welcome. Don't worry about .4, that is probably just water.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #13  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Day 4 took a full pic in bra and panty on the day i started, want to use it in a blog......Hoping to keep it together thru the weekend
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #14  

Smile

Good Morning! I am so happy that I lost a pound! I have been waiting for the 20 lb lost mark and it is here. Just wanted to celebrate with you all!
Old 10-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #15  
One pound at a time.

Well done Hattie.