Old 10-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy How is this possible???

Ok so I've been weighing myself in the mornings to make sure I am on track for the week, I have been pretty consistently going down, until today. I got on the scale and I am somehow 1.4 lbs heavier than yesterday. But yesterday was a good day! I didn't go over on my eating at all. How could I possibly have gained a pound and a half over night when I've been doing so well?
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #2  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i don't know, 3 days ago i was up 6 pounds from my current weight, this morning i'm down 1. try not to worry about it, otherwise it will drive you mad
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

scales are such bizarre contraptions....
sometimes they make u feel amazing....
sometimes they make u feel ****....
other times they jsut confuse the **** outta ya!....
keep the good days coming....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 8"

Fluctuations are completely normal and there are about a zillion reasons why it might go up but just remember it is not humanly possible for your body to manufacture a whole pound of fat in one day. I know when you are trying to lose and being soooo *good* it can be horribly frustrating when the fluctuation goes to the up side, and the last thing you want to hear is "it's probably just water", but try not to let it get to you . I've had my weight bounce up as much as 5 lbs in one day It takes a little getting used to but it almost always vanishes just as fast as it showed up. Hang in there
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #5  
Now with 10% less fat!

S/C/G: 139/120.2/106

Height: 4'11"

It's probably water retention due to salt intake or hormones. But I weigh more when I am really tired, too. Makes no sense but it's always been the case.
smallification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #6  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I just try to stay away from the scale and focus more on how I feel and how my clothes fit. I o weigh once a week to keep track. Although yesterday I was up a pound from last week I haven't gone number 2 in about 2 days so I feel alittle backed up(gross I know)but I think that is what is mostly causing the gain for me. Could be water, stress, all kinds of reasons thugh. dont let it get you down!!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #7  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

WHY THE SCALE LIES

Visit that link. It will clear things up.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #8  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I also recommend the link posted above. You need to know that if you weigh yourself everyday you are going to see fluctuations all the time. If you don't want to deal with that, then just weigh once a week....or even less. No sense in getting yourself upset over the scale.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #9  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

wow...what a great link! I am up several pounds from my saturday weigh in, but now I'm not so worried as I was. Thanks!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #10  
One step at a time!

S/C/G: 187/ticker/120

Height: 5'7

Uggg scales can be your best dream or worst nightmare... I think it´s pretty normal to have those fluctuations, you´ll just have to learn to deal with them, understand that it happens and continue OP even though your effort does not reflect on the scale that particular day. Or, if its too hard try weighing just once or twice a week..
But, I bet tomorrow all that "extra" will have dissapeared!
ChileanChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:39 PM   #11  
Workin' It

Did you exercise more than normal in the last few days or change your exercise routine? That always makes me hang on to water and show a gain of at least a pound, usually 2-3. It usually evens back out for me in 2-4 days, with one notable exception where it held for two weeks because I changed my calories at the same time....

Don't let it make you crazy!

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 10-01-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: typo...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #12  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Well my first day back to classes was on Monday, so I've been walking all over campus the last few days. I was very sedentary prior to this week. And also, I don't have much time in between classes in the afternoon to sit down and have a proper lunch, so I've basically been having small snacks through out the day. Maybe that affected it? Who knows? I just hope it goes down by Friday, I had a bad week last week and don't want another one
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I gained 4 lbs over the weekend... it was all salt and it's gone now. Maybe it was salt/water weight?
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #14  
LA Weight Loss

S/C/G: 156/110/110

Height: 5'0"

don't you hate it when that happens? i get all excited in the morning before i weigh myself and BAM i somehow gained a couple pounds. Who knows what is going on with our bodies?! I know how frustrated you must feel, even after following a diet plan. Don't give up=)
misserica3 is offline   Reply With Quote