Old 09-29-2008, 06:16 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Menu/Accountability/Daily Plan - week of Sept 29 - Oct 6

Are you looking for some accountability? A place to list your menu or your daily plan? Then this is the place for you!! Feel free to join us!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:17 AM   #2  
mj5

Good Morning everyone. Just thought I would get us started this am. Have a great day!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends! Happy Monday.

Today was my official weigh-in and I managed to grasp ahold of a 1 pound loss for week 2. Not bad considering I didn't get on the treadmill once last week and I allowed myself to veer off-plan this weekend. I'm not sure exactly what was going on in my head. We went shopping on Saturday and I didn't plan ahead for a restaurant meal. I allowed myself to order a meal that was way out off plan...because I deserved a treat for all of my hard work. Jeeze, when will I learn! I also quit tracking my foods on Daily Plate. Today, I'll track every bite and I will do 60 minutes on the treadmill.

Today, I begin training for my new position at work. I'm so excited to have new responsibilities and challenges! I'll be on a much tighter schedule and must make pre-planning meals and snacks a priority. I won't be going to the fitness center for a few days. Our area has no gas, so I need to conserve what we currently have in our tanks. Thank God that Paul and I work from the house.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday chicks! Is that an oxymoron?
I was very, very bad last night. I had made an apple crisp for the kids and had a plan for myself, fresh homemade NSA apple-pear sauce with yogurt, which I ate and it was delicious. Then for some reason I decided to sample just a tiny bit of the apple crisp, which led to a bit more, which led to a small serving with a scoop of ice cream. Same boat as you Rhonda, I know better, who knows where these little moments of insanity come from? I have made one for them a couple of times in the last month without any problems, but I guess they will just have to have apples or applesauce along with me for a while. Lots of water today should get me back on track. I'm also going to focus more on serving sizes for a while. I don't want to go back to calorie counting, so if I can just tighten things up a bit, I shouldn't need to.

Rhonda, have a great first day in your new position! No gas? That's kind of scary! I've been trying to keep our tanks full just in case. And I called to get the oil company to fill our tank a month ahead of schedule.

Thanks for getting us started mj, have a great day!

Today's Plan:
B: oatmeal breakfast bar, hardboiled egg, coffee with milk
S: 1/2 cup refried beans with salsa and cheese
L: veggie-lima bean soup, salad with Goddess dressing
S: skim latte (1/2 cup milk), bean brownie
D: roasted asparagus, salmon
S: 1 cup fat free yogurt with 1/2 cup apple-pear sauce

Have a great day accountability chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #5  
mj5

Hi again!

Rhonda--Good luck today w/ starting your new position, not that you will need it, of course. I heard about the no gas situation on tv yesterday. Pretty scary!

Schmoodle--Ok, so you slipped up last night...new day, fresh start, right?!

I am feeling pretty icky today again...my knee and my head again (still). I am going to skip my workout tonight, just don't have it in me, plus w/ my knee hurting so much it might be better to let it go for today. We'll see....I will NOT use that as an excuse to eat off plan, though.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks!!! I logged on to my sister's computer to come by and say hi. My vacation is going well. It's been raining....but..ya,know - I rainy day on Cape Cod is alot better than a sunny day at work. Dh and I stopped in Albany on the way and had supper at a wonderful Italian restaurant. I ordered green beans with marinara sauce. Wow....it was wonderful! I am going to do that when I get home. Just a little parm cheese....yummy. We stopped at the Norman Rockwell museum. It is an amazing place with many of his original painting. They are treasures and so beautiful in person.

My food has been pretty good. Last night a couple of cookies and some ice cream. I am feeling pretty positive that I can enjoy a few indulgences and not make it into a binge-fest.

Rhonda - good luck with your new position...so exciting.

Mj-- yes, the ring helps. It's a good reminder because it's on my right (eating) hand and I see it when ever I eat!

Schmoodle - the canoe trip sounds great. What a wonderful nsv to be able to do. Sorry you've had some sadness with another forum - that can happen.
As for eating extra sweet...life happens, food happens...and we carry on!

I'll try to check in again when I can

Take care...........
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies!

I sound cheery, but you know, my cold is subsiding - so therefore it must be replaced with some other ailment - I woke up last night with huge stomach cramps, and huge diarrhea (YUK, sorry TMI). My body is always keeping me on my toes.

As is always the case in my world, no one can be healthy around here for long. One of DS's has to go to the Doctor today with an ear infection. I'm terrified to drive there in case I need to "go", but he really needs to go there, so I'm packing extra clothes for myself just in case. Wish me luck! What is up with that!! I'm sick of being sick. Hence the gym, and getting stronger and hopefully a stronger immune system. Many of you might remember that I was sick often too when I first started in January. Well, I guess this time is no different. I just don't want to face another obstacle, do you know what I mean?

The garage sale was a BOMB - I made $2.50. WOW, enough for a coffee, not even a starbucks. What a waste of time!!

Girlygirl- yes, those setbacks are hard. But you are still losing and that's great.

Schmoodle - you were not very bad! Very bad would be off track for days/months ...you are picking yourself up again and moving forward and that's SOMETHING in my book.

Mj- I'm really sorrry to hear about your knee. It really seems to be bugging you all the time. I really hope it gets better soon. Hey exercise is great, but 80% of weight loss (in my mind, I know this is debatable) is what you put in your mouth, so make ever bite count.

Beverly, those green beans sound yummy! Glad you could check in with us while you are on holiday

Okay, so I'm off to be with the kids, get DS to Dr., go to swap tonight and get rid of junk and hopefully not bring too much home with me, THEN I hope to hit the gym. I need to be pretty sure I have this tummy trouble under control if I do go, I don't want to explode at the gym!

Cheers, Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #8  
mj5

Hi again. I almost talked myself into going to the gym, but I have really decided not to go. My knee is really swollen and I don't want to hurt myself more.

Beverlyjoy--Great to hear from you! Sounds like you are having a great time. Mmmm those beans sound yummy!

ginger--Oh no!!! How is ds's ear? That stomach thing is going around here too...I really hope I don't get it! Sorry to hear about the garage sale. That's a lot of work for not much $! Thanks for the reminder about my food. I just know I do so much better when I am exercising (I feel better too!) I am sick of dealing w/ my knee too....but not ready for the surgery, yet. It may be time for more physical therapy. Look at me, diagnosing it myself....guess I should wait and see what the ortho says!

Ok, I'm going to go get my ice pack. Yes....I actually keep one in the freezer at work!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:38 AM   #9  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Friends,

I must keep it short today. I have a project due before training starts at 9:00. Training for my new job is going well. I really think I'm gonna enjoy working for the first time in a while. There will be quite a bit more stress...at least initially. I must be on guard with my eating and not turn to my old friend, food, for comfort.

Yesterday, I wogged for an hour and did the weights at the fitness center. This was the first time I worked out in over a week. My hamstrings are quite weak this morning. I wonder how sore I'll be this time?

Have a great on-plan day. I'll drop in later this afternoon to be "personal."
Old 09-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #10  
mj5

Hi everyone! My headache is finally gone! My knee still hurts, but I can live w/ that.

Rhonda--So glad to hear the training is going well. Great job at the fitness center yesterday! I'll bet you are less sore this time.

I totally overate last night. It was all healthy stuff, well, except for the bday cake, but still too much food. So, new day and a fresh start for me today.

There is some work drama going on and I am determined to stay out of it. It doesn't involve me and I will not get sucked in.

I am going to the gym today. I will ice my knee as soon as I get home, but 'babying it' isn't helping so maybe doing a little something will be good for it. I know, it sounds weird, but there is a 'balance' I have to find. My physical therapist taught me things to do/try and luckily some of the machines at my gym are the same as at my pt's office. So, we'll see what tonight brings......I will NOT overdo it, that certainly will not help!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:30 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning! One of the dogs woke me up WAY too early, so I thought I would pop in before work.

I did go to the gym yesterday. I didn't do a lot, but it felt good to be there. It didn't make my knee hurt any worse, so that's a good thing.....I am going to go again tonight and see what happens. I see the ortho tomorrow and we'll come up w/ a plan.

I have a hair appt today and I can't wait! Still not sure what I am going to have done....definitely hilights and a trim, but not sure if I'll do anything drastic or not.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:11 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Friends.

Today, I'm back in training which is going well. I'll also be wogging for an hour and going back to the fitness center for some weight training. Speaking of weight training, I've noticed that I seem to be developing some muscles in the bum and it feels strange when I sit. Crazy, huh? Maybe I'll get a J-Lo bootie!

MJ - A new do...how exciting! I hope it turns out exactly like you want.

I noticed yesterday that I was tired from too little sleep and a bit stessed from the work training. Also, my protein % was too low. I was fighting cravings for carbs and sugar all afternoon. I handled it fairly well by eating only on-plan foods, however, I ate too much. I need to really watch my protein today.

Have a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-01-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

MJ - I vote for drastic! Glad you went to the gym.

Rhonda- I'm struggling with protein too, and I am overeating though I am doing great at the gym. Arg! I just need to find balance!!!!!!! Hope you have a good on plan day today.

k. I gotta run to piano class with the kids,
Cheers,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #14  
mj5

Rhonda--Sounds like you are doing really well. Keep it up! Nice, a J-Lo bootie!!! All that hard work is paying off!

Ginger--Ha! I am always brave, UNTIL I get into the chair.....

So, still not sure what to do w/ my hair. Luckily I LOVE my hair stylist. I have been going to him for years. I am sure he will help me come up w/ something.

Ok, I need to eat my lunch, get ready for a meeting, then my hair appt!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #15  
mj5

My hair came out great! Can't say it's drastic, but it is pretty much back to my natural color!!!! The hilights had gotten REALLY light in the sun this summer (too light in my opinion), so my stylist did low-lights. Now it's dark brown (the natural color) w/ some carmel-y pieces. It looks really nice and healthy.

Then I went to the gym, or should I say attempted to go to the gym. I was there for all of 15 minutes and my knee was screaming. So, before I broke down in tears, more from frustration than pain, I left.

I stopped at the grocery store and as soon as I walked (hobbled) in, it hit me that this was a BAD idea....I was hungry, feeling defeated and, fresh bread had just come out of the brick oven.....I totally resisted. You all helped me resist--I kept thinking about having to log on and be accountable!!!! So, Thank You!!!!! I ended up w/ some whole wheat pasta. Just waiting for the veggies to finish roasting (they were already cut up and waiting for me at home) and the past to cook. Phew, that could have been BAD!

As soon as I eat I am going to take some pain meds and rest w/ the dogs.

Hope everyone is doing well.