General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #1  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Default For the love of body modification :)

As a mini-goal gift, I will be able to get a tattoo I've been dying for. My mini-goal is 20lbs (I am down almost 8lbs so far!) She will be my 7th tattoo. I am completely excited and it is good motivation for me.

On a side note ~ How many tattoos do some of you other ladies have / or piercings? Do they have a specific meaning?
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I have 3 tattoo's - A Canadian flag with PROUD over it, on my left ankle.
A sagittarius(my zodiac sign) arrow, with a cluster on stars on my right wrist.
and a blue half moon on my right ankle.
All significant in their own ways I guess.... The flag, well because I am proud to be Canadian...and the stars and moon and zodiac sign all kind of go together.... I love the sky ....

I have my tongue and tragus and ears peirced at the moment.
I HAD my nose peirced but took it out. And now there's a ugly scar on my nose. Oh well.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh that is soooo cool. I wish I were brave enough to get a really big tattoo, but I still do a lot of work for corporate clients and I am afraid of alienating them.

I do have a small tattoo on my neck, behind my right ear. And I"m planning on at least 3 more of them ... one on my foot or ankle (haven't decided yet), one on my left wrist, and one in the middle of my back (between my shoulder blades).

Last edited by PhotoChick; 09-30-2008 at 10:37 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I have one tattoo - it is meaningful to me. I got it to celebrate 1 year of maintenance. It is 4 traditional Chinese characters, a proverb that means "dripping water can eat through stone." I was so unhip, I didn't know that a lot of people consider Chinese characters to be hugely tacky. But, I still love it, the characters are beautiful and the meaning is important to me. It is about 4 inches long, down my spine. It starts about 1" below a normal shirt collar so it's easy to hide (I work in corporate America).

Here's a link to a picture when it was just done:
http://gloriana.myphotoalbum.com/vie...attoo_finished

Last edited by Glory87; 09-30-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Yeah that tattoo is very cool, she is beautiful.
When I get to goal I plan on getting something on my back. Not sure what yet....
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Beautiful image.

Seeing work like that makes me wonder if I could feasibly become a tattoo artist.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #7  
:)

Height: 5'7

I have my nose pierced, but I really want a tattoo too. I'm also planning on getting an industrial piercing next year.

The picture is gorgeous BTW.
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I think that'll be a beautiful 7th tattoo! I love how her arms become branches.

I have a gauged cartilage piercing and my nose pierced. I had "the girls" pierced years ago, but they never healed properly and I had to remove them. No scarring, thankfully.

I have two tattoos. The first one I had done is on my lower back and is St. Andrews Cross (he's the patron saint of Scotland and I'm part Scottish.) Then I have a dove with an olive branch on my right foot. Let me just say, never get a tattoo on top of your foot unless it's small and not colored in. It was incredibly painful, but I like it. I love both of my tatts and they are meaningful to me. I want to do more, probably on my back. I'd love to get thistles twining around my cross.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #9  
Here We Go Again

OH!!!! When I reach my goal and my back is gorgeous, this is what I plan on doing to my back:

It's going to be one **** of a piece. This is my ultimate goal reward, ladies.

I believe tattoos tell your story by each piece. And I have this undying love for nature, and the beauty of woman. Hence the Dryad {my love for mythology, too, hehe} but the Dryad's to represent my favorite season - Autumn.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #10  
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
I had "the girls" pierced years ago, but they never healed properly and I had to remove them. No scarring, thankfully.
Ahhh, yes. I have mine pierced as well. Had them for over a year. Healed okay, except I had scar tissue in my left, so it's off a bit and I'm always afraid it's going to rip out. Hopefully it doesn't!

I've had my labret, 2 side lip rings, my medusa (kind of like the monroe, but centered on that dimple like thing under your nose), my tongue, and my eyebrow. I only have my nips and tongue pierced. Took all the other stuff out. I loved my medusa, and I constantly think of getting it redone. I am feeling picture-worthy so here I go!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #11  

So here's a question...when dating a new man, when do you tell him about tatts/piercings? I have three piercings (from the neck down...lol) and don't quite know when to bring them up...so to speak
tjnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #12  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Wormwood doll, awesome tattoos and you have a beautiful face.

And the tattoo pic of the treegirl is SO friggin' awesome!

I only have one tattoo, my son's name on my arm. I'm in the middle of collaborating with the tattoo artist to have a vine placed around it with thorns and blue roses, which isn't particularly original but I've got to do something to make it look better. It kinda looks like a jailhouse tatt.

I want to get more tatts, one on the back of my neck, small of my back, upper bicep.. I don't know what yet. But tattoos are cool. And it's not fair that my 46 year old mother has way more than me!

I had my nose pierced but a couple of years ago it became infected, I lost the diamond stud I had in it, and it closed up. I plan on getting it redone someday.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #13  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Tjnorth, you tell him when you strip and get nekkid!
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:46 PM   #14  
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnorth View Post
So here's a question...when dating a new man, when do you tell him about tatts/piercings? I have three piercings (from the neck down...lol) and don't quite know when to bring them up...so to speak
Throw it into casual conversation, hehe. That should spice things up a bit.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #15  
Here We Go Again

Luvja ~ I hate how they scar. Haha. My labret’s the worst since I would re-pierce it.

PhotoChick ~ I decided you only live once, and this is a form of art I love, so I go with it!

Glory87 ~ I think it’s awesome you got something in dedication to your amazing work!!

Faerie ~ I wanted to be a tattoo artist, haha, but surprisingly you have to know how to draw! I am terrible at it. So I believe I’ll remain the best in the chair.

Stephi ~ Thanks. This is a real meaning for piece to me, and she represents how beautiful women truly are. Goddesses, in a sense.

Fat Melanie ~ Thank you. And that’s crazy about your mom! Go mom!