Old 09-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Default Low-Cal Energy Drinks??

I used to drink Coke or Pepsi to help me make it through all-nighters (which I still find necessary to do in grad school, haha) but now I need something different cause I'm not drinking the stuff anymore.

Anybody know any low-cal energy drinks or have any tips for getting that extra burst of energy?

I workout in the mornings, and I get energy from that during the day, but it never seems to last past 10:00 at night (haha). And I'd rather stay away from caffeine pills because I don't need to end up like Jessie on that one Saved by the Bell episode.

Thanks for the help!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:33 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

A brisk walk is great to clear your head. Especially if you do it outside when it is cold!

Black tea has some caffeine in it, not as much as pills, so that might help you out.

Personally, I am a coffee hound, so that would be (and was) my beverage of choice for all-nighters.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I like XS energy drinks that are available from Quixtar. They have a bunch of B vitamins instead of all the junk that things like Monster and Red Bull have. They're also available with or without caffeine (at least some of the flavors). Personally I get the root beer flavor with caffeine.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:43 AM   #4  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

I am a Pepsi addict so I totally understand what you're going through! I switched to iced tea and so far so good. Some days are really tough though - I haven't really broken my addiction entirely yet. Oh another one I like especially good as we move into the cold season are those packets of Emergen-C - vitamin C drinks they perk me up quite a bit. just don't drink too many of them in one day apparently an overdose of Vit C can have a... laxative effect.
I know there are like sugar free energy drinks out there - like those gross kind- honestly they seem just as bad for you as the pills though.

i totally remember that episode. ah- the good old days.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote