Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 08:21 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Default Happy Autumn, Everyone!

Autumn... my favorite... *contented sigh*

Just wanted to wish everyone a fantastic season!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

My favorite too.

Happy Autumn, all!
Old 09-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

my fave, too..started WAY too early this year, tho *surly surliness*
Old 09-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #4  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

happy autumn!

anybody doing anything? i'm making a nice dinner for me and the hub... maybe go for a walk or something. it's a little bit gloomy today which is a bummer though was hoping for sun.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #5  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

BAH! Autumn! Our weather forcast is calling for "frost". I like autumn too, its not winter yet, but I have winter anxiety this year big time. Last winter was so long and hard for me. I don't know if I'll be able to do it without going insane this year. Like, not even joking here. The thought of winter is ruining my autumn.
I went cranberry picking yesterday, that is a traditional autumn activity for my family. I love the colors of fall, I just wish I could enjoy it without having a panic attack about impending snow doom.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #6  

awwwww! cranberries don' grow on this continent. i've been making yummy soups and stews...hiking along the rhine
river. snow doom?
Old 09-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #7  

Every Monday I have a social thing, so I knew we wouldn't be celebrating today. So yesterday I cooked up a nice roast with carrots and potatoes.

It's still summer weather here, so a bit hard to get into the Autumn mood. Once the cooler weather actually comes around I will have a small, personal celebration again.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

It's definitely fall weather here in New England, (or what I consider the Falliest Fall that ever Falled ).

In the immediate sense, I'll be exercising, and then going home to a lovely homecooked meal.

Over the course of Autumn, I hope to go apple picking this season, and, of course, later on pick out a wonderful pumpkin for carving & display.

And then, also, of course, getting married. (That counts as doing something right?)
Old 09-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #9  

Faerie congrats! What a wonderful time to get married.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #10  
carinna

I'm really more of a summer girl, but thanks for the wishes.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMichelle View Post
Faerie congrats! What a wonderful time to get married.
Thank you!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:21 PM   #12  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

congrats on the hitchin' Faerie! thanks for the autumn well wishes. my favorite season is spring and me being a new comer to new england i'm kinda getting anxious about winter, but i'm telling myself not to dwell and enjoying the tea kettle working overtime.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:12 AM   #13  

ooo faerie! congrats galore....sorry, totally overlooked that v. important info what with all the hot steaming tea- falling leaves- cranberry pickin -romance goin on. what kind of ceremony are you having?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie27 View Post
congrats on the hitchin' Faerie! thanks for the autumn well wishes. my favorite season is spring and me being a new comer to new england i'm kinda getting anxious about winter, but i'm telling myself not to dwell and enjoying the tea kettle working overtime.
Thanks! And to New England! It's lovely, I promise you. Okay... driving isn't lovely, always. It's more ice, than it is snow depth. On a wintery note, it's becoming so that once each year there's a snowfall that, I swear, is fairy dust. It's all sparkly & soft... I hope we get one this year so that you can enjoy it. It's truly magical-looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaman View Post
ooo faerie! congrats galore....sorry, totally overlooked that v. important info what with all the hot steaming tea- falling leaves- cranberry pickin -romance goin on. what kind of ceremony are you having?
Thank you! It'll be a very small ceremony. We'll be outdoors at a tiny Bed & Breakfast Inn. Immediate family, only 12 people will be there. We'll just be having a simple gathering, a short vow-exchange, and a quick flower exchange unity-type ritual (for lack of a more appropriate word) where he hands flowers to my family members, and I to his. A little "we're all family now" thing. Then it's a family dinner afterwards. That's it. But, it's very much so what we want so the fiancee & I are excited.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:30 PM   #15  
Get Moving

Faerie - just wanted to agree with you that fall is, in fact, the absolute best time of year, and I wanted to wish you the most wonderful fall wedding!

(I have big plans for a fall wedding, too. Only, I suppose I ought to find a groom sometime...)

Today was the first really fallish day here in Ann Arbor. Chilly, a little overcast, the smell of yellow leaves on the wind... Heaven.
Closed Thread