Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #1  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Default MRC - Take 28

Time for a new thread! (For newbies, when we get to 30-40 pages in a thread 3FC likes us to start a new thread.)
Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #2  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Kind of a sad/happy day around here. My daughter & granddaughter have been staying with us for the past 4 months while her husband went through an Air Force school up in Montgomery AL (3 hrs from here). They all left this morning for their new assignment in San Antonio TX. Such an exciting time for them, but man we'll miss that baby - she was almost 3 months old when they got here in May, now she's almost 7 months. And yeah, I'll miss my daughter too.
The good news - I am SO ready to get my eating back on track - it's just been so hard with them here to be consistent. So now I can get back on my normal eating at least. Exercise I'm not so sure about - I have a bad feeling I've done something bad to my knee, haven't walked (my exercise walks) for over a week now (and I usually walk 3 miles 5-6 days a week). I need to get in to the dr since it doesn't seem to be healing on its own, hope it isn't anything too drastic because I miss my walks! (It's gonna make the weight loss that much more difficult if I can't walk, plus it's my stress relief!) Good time to get my upper body weight training back on track, tho. Hate not being able to walk right now, tho - the weather's been flat-out gorgeous here the past week or two and I really hate that I can't get out & walk.
Hope everyone has a great on-plan weekend - I'll be starting my food sheets back up in the morning & get in probably Tuesday for a weigh-in (haven't done either in the past couple of weeks) & take my lickin' from whichever counselor I see. .

Last edited by Meemo; 09-27-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Hey everyone. Been doing good. Staying Op. Just need to keep it up till weigh in next Weds!!!

2Kiddo's. I took the Cortitrim, and I suppose it was working. I ran out recently and bought the CortiSlim that you can find at the drug stores. Looks to be the same ingredients. Got really lucky- we have a "discount foods" store, which is really the dented can store here, and they are going out of business, but being reopened by someone else. Anyway, went in today, and everything left was 75% off!! Found 2 bottles of Cortislim already discounted to $12.00, so I only paid $3!!!! Loving it.

Meemo- on the Soy crisps. My center has never said anything ever about eating them only twice a week. Guess it goes to show the difference in centers. Those, and the Hot Chocolates are my favorites. I switch back and forth between the two every night!!

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Hey everyone. Been doing good. Staying Op. Just need to keep it up till weigh in next Weds!!!

2Kiddo's. I took the Cortitrim, and I suppose it was working. I ran out recently and bought the CortiSlim that you can find at the drug stores. Looks to be the same ingredients. Got really lucky- we have a "discount foods" store, which is really the dented can store here, and they are going out of business, but being reopened by someone else. Anyway, went in today, and everything left was 75% off!! Found 2 bottles of Cortislim already discounted to $12.00, so I only paid $3!!!! Loving it.

Meemo- on the Soy crisps. My center has never said anything ever about eating them only twice a week. Guess it goes to show the difference in centers. Those, and the Hot Chocolates are my favorites. I switch back and forth between the two every night!!

Hawaii bound & Meemo-

My center said only 1 creamy a day and the crisps only 3 times a week! That about kills me b/c I could eat them every day about 4:30 when I'm really hungry!!

Congrats on the corti slim! Is it really working? I thought about trying it but would go with an off brand instead of theirs.

Tina
Old 09-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #5  

Default Back from vacation

Three weeks on the road took it toll I tried, I really did, but long days of driving just really got to me. I am NOT doing that next summer. Not getting on the scales for a while either. I don't really care to know what damage I did right now--too depressing. Just jumping right back on that horse!

I did ok yesterday until dinner, so I'll give it a shot again today. It usually takes me a few days to get back in the swing. We are going to Daytona Beach in just less than three weeks, so I'd like my jeans to fit again then. No, the WILL fit again!

I hope everybody is doing great on plan. I tried to catch up on here, but there are so many posts that I need to just start fresh.

I did notice the post about the buffalo meat. I just placed an order online from buffalogal for a variety of cuts. Our Publix was carrying some here, but all they have now is the ground buffalo, and it is my least favorite. When I get it, I'll post on the nutritional content of each cut and how I like them. I got a variety of steaks, burgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, breakfast sausage. They were all 100% buffalo (unlike some at other websites). I also ordered one pack of steaks from some type of "highland beef cattle"?? that was supposed to be lower in fat. They also had elk, which I know is on our list. Maybe I'll try that next time.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/see tracker/185

Height: 5'8"

ShineOn - I just saw your Mock Margarita on the Recipes Page I have got to try that!!

Does anyone know if there is a difference between buffalo and bison? I'm looking for new things to try but the ground bison seemed to leav an awful lot of fat in the pan.

I've been on a plateau for almost 3 weeks this month, but I've finally broken through it and have now lost 7 in the last week and a half!! YAY.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Thanks, Meemo, for starting a new thread! I hope your knee starts feeling better soon--those walks make such a difference in how my day goes. Probably for you, too. San Antonio is a great city with lots of good Mexican food and a big basketball following. I'm excited for your daughter!

I popped into my center for a check-in today. It's been two months since my last visit, so I got to post some big numbers this time. I'm officially down 36.5 lbs (but I started the program a couple of weeks before I actually joined the program, so I've really lost a little more), and I'm down 31 3/4 inches. Yea!

Anyone have any special insight on how setting the Tanita on athletic vs. standard affects the calculations? First they ran my numbers using the standard setting, and it showed that I have a higher body fat % now than I did when I first started back in May and said that I need to lose another 30 lbs. The athletic setting seemed more plausible and kicked out a recommended weight around 168, but I wouldn't consider myself to be an athlete. Needless to say, the vast difference between the two ticker tapes has shaken my confidence in the Tanita a little bit. Whatever the case, I'm going to try to get back on plan in earnest and quit farting around with all my off-plan choices now that I've gone in for some encouragement.

Last edited by stuck in grad school; 09-27-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #8  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Default 12.5 lbs left

:c arrot:
I weighed in this morning, down 3.5 lbs. I've lost 39lbs total and hope to sign the 40lb board by Tuesday or Wednesday. Only 12.5 lbs left. My contract ends on 10/28 so I should be right on schedule for the stabalization class. Who is on stablization? What can I expect? Will I get a new menu?
Old 09-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMaintenance View Post
ShineOn - I just saw your Mock Margarita on the Recipes Page I have got to try that!!

Does anyone know if there is a difference between buffalo and bison? I'm looking for new things to try but the ground bison seemed to leav an awful lot of fat in the pan.

I've been on a plateau for almost 3 weeks this month, but I've finally broken through it and have now lost 7 in the last week and a half!! YAY.
Buffalo & bison are the same things. I've noticed a lot of 'moisture' in the ground buffalo by Maverick Ranch. I don't think it is fat though as it cooks out and dries up. Fat won't do that.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 187.5/see ticker/149

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post

Thanks! I've been to every drug store/WalMart/Target - even GNC - in my area and no one has the Cortislim....so, I think I'll go ahead and get the Corti-Trim next time I'm in. I did talk with a friend of mind last night (she's in stabilization) she said she didn't take the Corti-Trim when she first started, but after getting about 1/2 way to her goal, she wasn't losing weight in the tummy area. So, she added Corti-Trim and said she saw noticable results. The tough thing about having started out taking all these things is that I don't know if they're helping, or which ones are and which ones aren't.

Oh well....live and learn!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Default Update...

Hey everybody - congrats on the losses I've read about! I've been off of the board for a couple of days (feels like much more...) So, I went to WI today - and stayed exactly the same. No loss, no gain...fat lbs were down 1.5 lbs though. Not sure what that means.

To tell the truth, this was the first week that I couldn't keep myself OP...work has been miserable (I had to fire an employee yesterday that I really consider a friend...and though she put herself in the position I still am miserable and unable to sleep, etc. - I am so worried about her, but could do no more to help her and it was frankly overdue.) This threw me off plan yesterday and earlier in the week...earlier in the week I missed a few meals totally, just couldn't eat - anxiety. Then yesterday at lunch I ate at a Korean restaraunt...basically it was emotional eating b/c I was letting her go at the end of the day...then I skipped dinner b/c I was at the office until 9:30 waiting for a locksmith to change locks, etc...Tonight, I had sashimi and a small glass of wine...and edamame at dinner. And then a small ice cream cone. It's my 28th day OP...and I had been going strong until the past 72 hours. UGHHHHHH. I've GOT to get it together. The weight wasn't coming off fast to begin with...so my actions aren't helping. I know. I'm just emotionally exhausted...and I am miserable about what I had to do. Enough whining, sorry all.

SOOOO...I will get back on the horse and ride again...rather than eating like the horse. I am so very thankful for this forum...I can't express how much it helps to be able to come here and share and exchange with you all.

MEEMO - by the way, I'm in Macon Georgia!

Rosemary
Old 09-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #12  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

When cooking buffalo of any kind don't over cook it if you do it tasted bad it loose its flavor, I use to eat all my meat well done and by mistake I undercook my buffalo steak on the grill I did't have time to cook it more and by that I found out how much better meat taste by not begin over cook I use a temp gage and cook to 160
Old 09-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #13  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Isn't it funny how two centers will say completely different things? My mom and I are both on the diet in different cities, and we compare notes. Inevitably we end up with different "rules." I usually just follow whichever center's rules I want to!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kiddos View Post
Thanks! I've been to every drug store/WalMart/Target - even GNC - in my area and no one has the Cortislim....so, I think I'll go ahead and get the Corti-Trim next time I'm in. I did talk with a friend of mind last night (she's in stabilization) she said she didn't take the Corti-Trim when she first started, but after getting about 1/2 way to her goal, she wasn't losing weight in the tummy area. So, she added Corti-Trim and said she saw noticable results. The tough thing about having started out taking all these things is that I don't know if they're helping, or which ones are and which ones aren't.

Oh well....live and learn!
I've read that Relacore is comparable to Cortitrim/Cortislim...maybe others have experience w/ it. I found Relacore at Walmart and it was relatively inexpensive ($20). I've been taking it since I started the plan so I don't know how much it is helping, since I have nothing to compare to.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Meemo, thanks for answering so many of my questions about the menu, and for all of the lunch suggestions you and others listed. I got the green menu on Friday (don't start until Wed.) and I was thrilled to see some new choices. I do wish that we could have our starch at lunch instead of breakfast, or even dinner. I'd give anything to have some of my lunch meat (and veggies) stuffed into a slice of bread! Oh well, as long as I lose the weight I'll try not to complain

I was down another pound this morning, was feeling thinner, and decided to try on a few of my tighter clothes...even though I feared I was setting myself up for big disappointment. THANKFULLY I was able to get into my 14 jeans--the ones I hadn't worn since I became pregnant in Nov. 2006 I've got some muffintop action happening, but at least they zip up and button again. And I can also get back into my city choir skirt without having to wear it pulled up to my chest, LOL. YAY!!! I've got a ways to go but this was very encouraging, and gave me extra motivation to stay on plan.
Closed Thread