Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 02:26 PM   #1  
Is it Friday yet?

Default One Day Challenge Check In ~ #2

I hope no one minds... we were getting lengthy!

Welcome one, welcome all to the One Day Challenge Check in (thread #2)! A little sister of the 21-Day day thread, created (ok, borrowed) by our own Empress Amarantha...

Feel free to post your 1 day goal!

(will get to my individual posts later!)

Queen Terri
Old 07-29-2002, 04:28 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Post Midday falleth ...

Be It Known, Queen Punkinseed of Friday hath started a new thread! Thanks be!

Doing the Happy Banana Dance, as Amarantha returneth early to the spa with work complete AND the Anti Convenience Store Challenge met. Actually, Amarantha DID go into a convenience store as an emergency migraine struck (she wonders why she wanted a full-time job again) and she went in to buy a certain pain reliever. Here is the GOOD NEWS, Amarantha's internal voice yelled, "DULCE DE LECHE, PEANUT BUTTER CUPS, LITTLE DEBBIE," as she walketh into the store BUT Amarantha saith: "PIPE DOWN! WE NEED AN ASPIRIN. WE NEED A WATER BOTTLE! BE GONE! GET A LIFE!" and Amarantha bought the aspirin, bought the water bottle and exiteth the store!

Will reporteth back again.

168/166.5/135
Old 07-29-2002, 05:28 PM   #3  
Is it Friday yet?

'afternoon your Highnesses!

All hail Empress Amarantha! Please kneal upon one knee so I may bestow upon you the honor of "Royal Exitus of Convenience" (bonk, bonk). Please arise....

3Mom - I don't believe I've welcomed you to the royal realm... welcome and congratulations on achieving your first 1 day challenge!

Empress Amarantha - What is this business with "mentally stable"? Is that a requirement now??? Gods, I hope not...
Congratulations and hail to thee on the departure of one royal pound!

HRH Kaylets - I LOVE Judge Judy! Hehehehe, my favorite - "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining".

HRH Marusha - Getting to know youuuu, getting to know all about youuuuu. Ok, I'll quit singing, people are starting to stare! Welcome, jump in, the waters in the Royal Spa are always at a comfy 102 degrees and we'll let Elbert know you're good to be here!

HRH Babette - Sick? Royalty doesn't get sick.... must be a germ from a peasant...

All playing aside... this weekend was ugly. Today is another day and so far, so good. My 1 day challenge today is simply to not binge. Considering the last 48 hours, it's a lot to ask - but I am succeeding!!!! I have seen the blob, but it's now in the rear view mirror!!!

Running,
Terri
Old 07-29-2002, 06:56 PM   #4  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry reporting in

Did it again. That's 8 days in now. And here's my day:

Food / Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk / 7 (3 fruit)
1 c soy milk / 2
2 cafe au lait / 2
chickpea-veg curry / 2 (2 veg)
2 p spelt toast w. PB / 5
souvlaki / 3
Greek salad / 5 (3 veg)
Small piece stuffed eggplant / 2 (1 veg)
2/3 c brown/wild rice / 3
total / 31

1 mile walk, 3 mile run, 1 set tai chi
>3L water
9 fruits/veggies!

Burned 6 points!
Old 07-29-2002, 09:23 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Queen Punkinseed of Friday: Mental stabililty, much like dinner jackets, is optional at the spa!

HRH Arabella, the Wood Nymph of Eight Days: Elberta Crone wisheth to know where you get your spelt bread ... or do you make your own? She is interested in how it tasteth.

Amarantha voweth to get off this computer for the night. She is walking early and long on the Desert of No Food and drinking lemonade made with Splenda and 2 tsp. of actual sugar. For some reason, this satisfeth her appetite when it is hot.

Rock on, Royalty!

168/166.5/135
Old 07-30-2002, 07:47 AM   #6  

Good Morning, Your Majesties! !

End O'Month workathon time. Oh, why can't I be better organized and more disciplined? Maybe when i grow up?

Amarantha, I haven't tried to make spelt bread yet, although I've thought of it. You can get it locally made here, and it's very similar to whole wheat when it's very fresh, but has the consistency of cohesive dust otherwise I think if they added some egg, maybe a little gluten, and some (GASP!) fat it would be much more successful. The kind that I get now is from New Brunswick, so kind of local too i guess. I keep it in the freezer and it is dense and a little chewy and seems to have some whole grain kernels in it. The slices are very small, but i've gotten used to it and like it pretty well now. So... you may have to check out a few different kinds before you find one you like.

Your Royal Punkinness, good luck with beating the binge demon. I hate it so much! I remember doing it when I didn't even feel like I wanted to eat, almost like I was forcing myself. Very weird stuff. The 21-Day challenge thread got me out of it. I did let it go again for a few days recently, but it was a lot easier to get going again than it was to get over it in the first place. I think that you're wise to start with that as your challenge rather than trip yourself up trying to do too much.

Today's plan:

Keep intake under 35 points.

3 mile walk, 2 sets of circuits, (already did those 2) tai chi class

Drink >3L water.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies.

Journal every bite and report it here.

Have a wonderful day, Your Exquisite Excellencies!
xo
babette
Old 07-30-2002, 09:04 AM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Post Spa Camp ...

Be It Known: That having met all her challenges yesterday, Amarantha feels ready to take on the spa's annual Fitness Bootcamp at the Spa Lodge nestled away high in the pine covered mountains of the Far South Empire. All spa guests are welcome at the Lodge to enjoy this fun camping and fitness experience that will feature famous fitness experts from all over the universe conducting seminars, leading exercise classes and hanging out in the spa's state-of-the-art gym enjoying its 5,000 state-of-the-art exercise machines. All are welcome to stroll among the cool pines and 500 timbered cabins and huge lodge, not to mention its 12-star restaurant housed in a separate building, its thousands of saunas and aerobics rooms and its azure Olympic pool, plus network of hiking trails. Camp Director Elbertine Pep will lead an assembly at 5 a.m. each morning where all campers will be encouraged to focus, focus, focus on their daily challenge, declare it loudly and peppily and return to evening assembly and shout out their successful completion of said challenge. Spelt toast and desert wildflower honey will be served in the cabins each morning. Camp will go on all summer, but Amarantha does not know how long she will participate, so all are welcome to come and go as they please, as the peppiness of Director Elbertine, not to mention her loud whistle and propensity to say, "YOU CAN DO IT," whenever she sees anyone flagging, could mitigate against a long stay.

At morning assembly, Amarantha yelleth out her challenges: She will take a business trip and eat only what's in her cooler, passing all convenience stores except in case of emergency. She will stoppeth at a decent grocery store when returning to the village near the camp and buyeth food for the camp chef (Crema Crone, 100 years old, trained at the most prestigious culinary arts institute in the empire in producing food with minimal calories and fat but maximum taste ... Crema's Creme Brulee is to die for and has only FIVE calories, can you believe it? to prepare her dinner. If anyone asks her to lunch, she will sayeth she must return quickly to camp and can't take the time. She will do her weights before she leaves as her anxiety to be done oft mitigateth against getting her exercise doneth early and later she might loseth motivation. She will participate in a Caloric Fun Run for a trophy that sayeth: 1999 Calories. She will get take poles in car and get a short pole hike in somewhere on her business trip. She will reporteth on all this at evening assembly. (In future posts, Amarantha vows to be VERY brief and post only her challenge and report, as Elbertine Pep likes to get to the bottom line and FOCUS ON FITNESS!!! Sigh.

"YOU CAN DO IT!" yelleth Director Elbertine Pep. "YOU BET," replieth Amarantha.

168/166.5/135
Old 07-30-2002, 03:23 PM   #8  

Just popping in to report on my day. I realize it's early, but i'm just about to go to tai chi and -- as I've noted before -- they do not serve snacks.

Food / Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk / 7 (3 fruit)
1 c soy milk / 2
3 cafe au lait / 3
egg salad on spelt toast / 6
salad / 2 (3 veg)
1/2 c yogurt / 1
1/2 c. ice milk / 2
lemon-tarragon grilled salmon / 5
sweet potato / 3 (2 veg)
1/2c brown/wild rice / 2
total / 33

3 mile walk, 2 sets circuit training, tai chi class
>3L water
8 fruits/veggies!

Burned 10 points!
Old 07-30-2002, 06:00 PM   #9  
Is it Friday yet?

So far so good on today's challenge! All I had to do today is eat what I planned. Writing down "salad" and eating a bean burrito is not acceptable...

I've promised myself the Norah Jones CD when I get back to my pre-freak out binge weight (about 5 pounds). She will be my "happy place" music and will be used for those times I'm stressed instead of diving head first into a 1/2 gallon of ice cream.

Tomarrow's goal - more of the same, eat what I've planned.

Terri
Old 07-31-2002, 05:41 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

[COLOR=blue]Amarantha crasheth on return from trip and decided against attending evening assembly. She heareth Elbertine Pep was in good form and sayeth: "I BELIEVE IN YOU!" many times.

Amarantha's challenges were only partially successful: She did not compete in the 1999 Trophy Fun Run and ateth just under 2300 instead. She did not get an ersatz pole walk in on trip BUT walked an hour touring a famous science experimental facility in the area she visiteth even though her knees pained her greatly. She did passeth all convenience stores but succumbed to two peanut butter cups from the grocery store on the way home. She did stroll successfully across the Desert of No Food From 9 p.m. to Midnight.

She will not attend morning assembly but has posted a challenge on the camp board for Elbertine to see. It sayeth: Amarantha will NOT succumb to an eating binge after her final tomorrow at the local college. Amarantha will also take a day off from walking poles and do a session of Pilates instead to try to banish pain. That's all!
Old 07-31-2002, 07:56 AM   #11  

Default on the fly...

Just popping in to say that I will probably not exercise today -- End of month workathon

I had a piece of bread and cheese when I got home last night which put me over point-wise, but because we had a 2 1/2-hour tai chi class, I'm letting me go on that one.

Today's plan:
Keep intake under 35 points.

Drink >3L water.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies.

Journal every bite and report it here.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 07-31-2002, 11:33 AM   #12  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all and Happy last day of July!

My challenge today is the same as yesterday - stick with what I've planned!

Every night I write in my journal the next's day's plan. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I really, REALLY want to stick with this!

Maia, my (insert sarcasm here) precious little 4 month old kitten has relieved me of my last 3 pieces of CA sourdough. She ate big chunks out of each piece last night after she dragged the bag off the counter and opened it. She also licked the butter off the knife in the sink. At least she's got good taste...

S'all for now - off to sip my watah,
Terri
Old 07-31-2002, 12:09 PM   #13  

Default Yikes! Save me from myself!

I am just popping in again to say HELP!!! Middle of the end-of-month workathon, approaching zero hour.... and the kitchen is calling me. I've already calculated my points for a little icecream and fruit, but I am not hungry. I want to release my brain, and I think ice cream will let me do that. But since I am NOT hungry, why would I stop when I've finished that?

Urgh. Maybe I will try a set of tai chi to see if that takes the edge off. I HATE this feeling!

Well. I guess we'll see whether I am victorious or not. What a conflict!
Old 07-31-2002, 01:24 PM   #14  
Is it Friday yet?

Babette!!!!! I'll save you!!! (cue Mighty Mouse music)

Do you have any baby carrots??? If not go buy some! You can crunch 'em real fast (don't bite your cheek) and feel like you're really gnawing on something. I *try* to eat them when I'm stressed. The ice cream will only leave you wanting more... Step away from the scooper...

Terri
Old 07-31-2002, 03:53 PM   #15  
Empress/Queen

Yo, HRH Arabella! Lucky that Queen Punkinseed of Friday was around because I just got backeth. However, in the event the baby carrots did not work, I am asking Elbertine Pep and her whistle to drop by your cabin. She's on her way now. I can hear her best Denise A. voice now, yelling: "YOU CAN DO IT!!!"

Run, Babette, run.
Closed Thread