Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 08:40 PM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Labour Day Challenge #2

Well we are coming up on the end of week #2 already. Personally I'm not stepping on the scale til next Friday because it is my TOM and I feel bloated as a balloon! Hopefully by then I'll have dropped any excess water and see how I am really doing.

The exercise is good as usual, the water, well I know that is a weak spot and I"m doing my best, but I've really got to get back to journalling. what I need is something small that I can have handy all the time. I have this gigantic book that I use now and I need to simplify my system, maybe that will help me stick to it.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-25-2002, 08:55 PM   #2  

Well, I'm battling me tonight. For the first time in ages I'm just dying to have something that's practically pure sugar like a peppermint pattie or a gooey hunk of bd cake. It['s one of those cravings nothing will satisfy so I'm trying to have nothing. or rather I just had a cup of key lime tea which I think is helping.

I did my exercise today and the food wasn't too bad till this evening when I think I ate more than I should have. You'd think that would have satisfied this craving but it didn't. Did well on the water too so I know there's no room for that sweet even if I did have it.

Fortunately I don't have any candy or cake in the house. The things that are here don't seem like they would satisfy what I think I want so I'm not going to have any of them. I am vexed that this is happening because there's no re ason for it, not even an emotional one as I've been having a pretty good week. Even had pleasant weather today. Oh, the mysteries of eating.......I feel like I'm up from my weigh in day too. And that was just yesterday! Well, gives me plenty of time to get back on track and hopefully make some progress by Wed. So far, the only damage I can see that I might have done was at dinner tonight and if I go to bed soon maybe I can make it to breakfast without any more .
No candy, no cake, no ten other things I might eat that won't satisfy the cr aving...This is where I thing posting helps me.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:00 PM   #3  
Jen

Anagram, try sucking back a ton of water and see if you can't wash that craving away! Congrats on recognizing it, I'd be into the cookies already.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:41 PM   #4  

Jen, I'm at 96 oz of water today already, may be able to take a few more sips but not much more. That's why I had the key lime tea and that taste did help (I love key lime most esp in pie, of course).

And it's not like anything would satisfy this stupid kind of thing. I know if I start one thing, it would end up being ten things and I would have blown enough I'd probably be back where I started from in May.

But I am glad I'm still here fighting it and feel now like I'll be able to make it and not go nutso. I know I'll be happier with me tomorrow if I hold on.

Thanks for the encouragement. That's what I love about this group. Even if I'm not posting, I feel like we're all pulling together.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:47 PM   #5  

Managed another 8 oz. Phew!!
Old 07-26-2002, 08:19 PM   #6  
Jen

Holy catfish!! Way to go Anagram, that's a whole lotta water!!

I've journalled today but snacked too much so I'm over in my points but I'm not going to let that derail my efforts.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:49 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Anagram!!!
My favourite food are key limes too!! Lime everything!
This sounds really silly but I ask for lime with soda while I'm out. I ask for lots of lime! The size of their tip strictly depends on how much lime I get! Silly, I know
While I was in Key West Fl.. I went to the key lime shoppe. I was in heaven! One of my favs was white chocolate chip key lime cookies.
Here is a link: http://www.keylimeshop.com/

Do you have any recipes you wan to share?

Dana
Old 07-27-2002, 11:02 AM   #8  

Thanks for the link, Slimdown. Neat place. Products look similar but I got mine at the mini-brewery in Key West. Also working on key lime marmalade. I ration it out so it lasts a long time but it is a mood brightener. Reminds me of Key West. Think I got some wooden parrots right next to the shop on the link. Have my patio a mini Margaritaville with parrots this year.

But no recipes to share. Not much of a cook. Do love the k.l. pie (but only authentic style - others disappoint but I still like the lime in them). Also like limy sodas but only drink diet. Besides Tab, that's all I drink.

Bought key lime wine for ds and key lime beer (yes!) for sil. Incredible number of products. Key lime twizzlers for me. Glad to meet another key lime afficionado. .
Old 07-29-2002, 05:46 PM   #9  
Jen

Well this is week #3 now, how is everyone doing?

I stepped on the scale a couple of days ago in a moment of weakness, I was waiting til this Friday to weigh-in, but it was okay. I am still at the same weight, haven't gained anything. I'm actually a little encouraged as I might have lost a bit and I'm still at the same weight because of water retention. I guess I'll know in a few days.

Things have been kind of so-so. The dh and I have been sniping at each other, this morning was the absolute worst. He's been really grumpy because the baby has been waking up a lot at night. I think the baby is not tolerating the heat very well. Anyway I've been trying hard to control my eating and not eat out of emotion but it is rough sometimes.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:26 PM   #10  

At weigh in today, I made my goal. I'm happy.

I am going to make another goal (as that I have a month left). My new goal is to loose 5lbs by labor day. That will double my last goal. I am pumped to make it.

Bella23
Old 07-30-2002, 02:57 PM   #11  
Chocoholic

I ve lost 3 lbs hope to lose 7 more befor labor day. BS is givin me fits sms to be up & dwn. Don't knw if I cn make it. Pray for me.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:00 PM   #12  

I have 10 more pounds to lose to make it to my mini-goal of 14 pounds by Labor Day. I'm getting nervous that I won't make it, but I'm still going to give it my best shot!

I have weigh-in tomorrow, so we'll see how I'm doing this week then!
Old 07-31-2002, 09:28 AM   #13  
hot mom wanna be!

BELLA-Congrats on making your goal!! Thats great!

I didnt meet my goal at all since I had some "pigging out moments" this month but atleast that nonsense is over and I am ready to set a new goal for Labor Day. I am at 263 now and want to be atleast 10 pounds less (for a total of 60) for Labor Day.

Good luck to all us Labor Day Losers!!

laura
Old 07-31-2002, 09:36 AM   #14  

Only down .2 this week. Looks like I'll need all my time to Labor Day to reach my goal. Not discouraged.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:18 AM   #15  
Losin It For GOOD!

Okay! Time to get my BUTT IN GEAR!!!!

I have a little less than 10 lbs to lose to get to my Labor Day Goal.

Time to start WORKING!

Closed Thread