Old 09-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Thurs, Sep 25th

hey all!!!

Haven't forgotten about you. Just super busy.

Welcome to all the newbies!!!

Hope everyone is well. Off to run errands. Lots of things to return. Ugh.

have a great day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #2  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello Ladies! Sitting here with the Morning Cup Of Joe.
I've had a headache since last nite, but I take a med at night and didn't think it would be wise to take advil AND my med. So the med won and I went to sleep without advil. It went away, sort of, but it is lingering . Lovely. I take a med first thing in the morning, so again No advil. Hoping the coffeee will do its thing.... soon. Oh and to top it off... AF is on her way... lovely cramps. No gym today as I have a million and one errands to run. But seeing as AF will make her appearance I don't mind missing one day. I do know I'll be stopping off and getting me a chocolate bar though.

Cher 37--- Yes it is getting Chilly in this castle. My maid forgot to close the windows... hehehe.

Newbies!!! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Well off to gulp me some coffee and get ready for the days errands...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Everybody! I've been so busy these past few days! Trying to organize DD's school because of the weird hours (1:30-5:45), she's piggybacking at the high school because of mold in her school. I'm starting to work finally. I'm a student assistant in the special needs class.

I picked my husband up at the airport yesterday. I'm so happy to have him home!!

The weather is lovely, cool and clear, I will go running today. Maybe I will take Hubs with me? Nah, he is just getting off of night shifts, and will be taking a nap this afternoon. I'll go then.

Pear, I am sorry you are miserable. Can you take your advil now? How about now? Now?

Pmasci, I despise returning items. I have a mini-bra of DD's that I have to return, sitting in the car for 2 weeks now.

Have a happy!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #4  

good morning and happy thursday! its almost the weekend

kind of a lot going on here mostly at work...we are redoing the entire birth center...the living room area and the two birthing rooms...im so excited!...im in charge of the deco scheme...im having so much fun...all the work will happen oct 3,4,and 5...so lots of shopping needs to be done...my fav pastime! other than that im not gaining weight but im not losing either so i guess that is a plus...i need to lose weight!!!!!

pam: have fun returning...i dont like it but i never try on clothes when i am shopping so returning is something i will do...try to get "me" time in there somewhere today

pear: hope your lingering headache goes away...that totally stinks...i had one last week...take care and drink lots of water!

kofarg: that is a totally weird schedule for school...how long do you have to do that?..its like they get out to go home and eat dinner almost...the one plus...sleeping in!...i would have loved that part of it as a kid...have a great day

welcome to all the newbies! you'll love it here!!!

have a wonderful day and i really am going to try and check in later....HAPPY THURSDAY!!!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone's Thursday is going well so far. After breakfast I did a WW DVD that I got awhile ago. For some reason my 3 year old hates when I do the dvd's in the house. Toward the end she got into it though.

Pearfreak- Sorry to hear about your headache. I get them quite often. So far my NP has given me Prednisone a few times. I might have to try something else. She doesn't want to keep me on it. Hope your headache goes away soon.

It's getting a little chilly here now. It was warm for about a week or so. I love the fall weather.
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Just another hectic day here. We slept in a bit so it made the morning fly by. Before I knew it, it was time to get Alex ready for school. He is not doing so great in school (see kids discussion) so his time at home is BORING for him. Today he was just going around saying "It's not fair. It's not fair." Ugh. No emotional eating from me yet, but I can feel it tugging at me.

BarbaraJean: I do Wii Fit and my 2 year old does some of it with me. It's so cute. When I do the running part she wants to hold my hand. SOOOOO cute! LOL. At least I can get the exercise in, when she was younger it didn't work so well.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello
Welcome newbies!
Christina sounds like you are really happy at work, that is great! I bet it will be very nice to be in an "all new" place" after the remodeling. I can't imagine the amount of work that would be!

Kori I am glad your DH is back!

Pear good luck with all the errands, and your headache

Hi Pam! I hate returns most places are getting really tight about returns. I am really bad about keeping recites. Good luck!

I am still home sick, I feel like a train just went over me. I stinks! I did go to the dr. yesterday and I have a viral infection. So I am here just sitting down on the couch and not doing a thing. I did call my maid and she is here!!! I don't have to do a thing

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 199.8/195/140ish

Happy Thursday everyone! I am nervous because I will be away all weekend and am scared that I will overeat! I have been doing really good about staying in my calorie range and don't want to blow it now. I have to go to a memorial service on Saturday where there will be a luncheon. I assume that it will be fried chicken, pasta, stuff like that. I know that Saturday will be going out to dinner with the whole family. On Sunday I am going to a festival. I know there is going to be TONS of food and just don't want to overdo it. I am going to still journal all of the food that I eat on Sat and Sun, but am afraid that I won't have any healthy choices to choose from.

Pam: I hate returning stuff, too. But I have to force myself because over the years I have bought so many things and never use them, but was too lazy to return them. What a waste of money.
Pear: Enjoy your chocolate!
Kofarq: I am glad your hubby is home, how long was he gone?
Christina: The redecorating sounds like so much fun! You will have to share before and after photos!
Barbara Jean: It looks like you might have a new workout partner!
Karen: I hope you can find a couple of minutes for yourself today!
Hanna: I hope you feel better, soon!

P.S. I have a lawn service take care of my lawn, and there is a new guy out there today. He looks like Richard Simmons! Hee hee!

~Susan

Last edited by WomenAreSmarter; 09-25-2008 at 03:26 PM.
WomenAreSmarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223.5/223.5/161

Height: 5'7

Hi All,

Just popping into say hello, i'm a newbie and still trying to find my way around all the support forums, gosh there's lots, any recommendations would be great

I'm have followed the WW plan lots of time and think i'm going to give that a try. I'm going to do it myself at home first and if that doesn't work it's back to the classes for me
Rachel
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

He was gone for 3 weeks. He works across the country. He had to leave 4 days after our wedding. Yay, Honeymoon? Resume!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi all!
Susan I think that is great you are going to be away, you will see you do have the "power" and "self confidence" to do it! Even if you do have fried food just eat w/moderation, more dieting it is a life style change, you know how difficult it is to loose it!

Kori how nice to have DH back, enjoy your time together, they say the first year of marriage is the most difficult one.

I am home just resting, the cleaning lady came in and the house looks great, I love the clean smells! I saw a lady couple weeks ago at a Bar Mitzva, I was wearing one of my knits, it was very nice shawl, anyway she asked me if I would knit one for her, I felt that was a great complement, she just emailed me and we are going tomorrow to look at yarn together. I am looking froward to it, I have been knitting for myself and baby sweaters, she said she will pay for my time. I don't even feel comfortable putting a price. it feels too weird, I knit cause I love it!

I got to go to the back yard to see why the little dudes are barking so much
See you later

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I have been struggling with 2 pound lately. I lose them and they creep back and I fight and lose them again. Ahhh. So, I tried to switch up some of the foods I am eating, but now I am so hungry. I am putting off making dinner because I just don't know what to eat. I better hurry though before I dive in a bag of pita chips.

I hope everyone had a nice day. I giggled at the thought of someone else driving around with a bag of return items. I do that too. I also drive around with bags that are suppose to go to the Salvation Army. I am glad I am not the only one.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #13  

good evening!

hope everyone has a wonderful night!

hanna: i think it will be a lot of work...only a couple of us and our hubby's getting it done but im up for it...i think it will turn out great! i am so sorry you are sick...seems to be going around lately...probably this crazy california weather...100 one day and 60 the next!...get lots of rest and plenty of fluids...

hope all have a great evening!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote