Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #1  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Default Elements for Women

I noticed that there is a new gym coming into my community soon. It's called Elements for Women. I did Google it and found out the obvious, it's an upscale all women's fitness/spa center. It offers nutritional guidance, group fitness such as pilates and yoga as well as cardio and weight resistance equipment which utilized the Smart Card. (Apparently it recalls the information from your previous session and automatically calibrates the equipment for your session.) It seems to market itself for the 35+ crowd

It's location is appealing to me. Very close to my home. But I'm skeptical of the environment and if it would be right for me. If there are no free weights its obviously not a good choice for me but if they do...I might consider it. I just wondered if anyone else has seen these or worked out in one. Also the idea of an all women's fitness center just doesn't feel right for me. Hmmm. I may have just made up my own mind here but anyway, I'm open to any experience any of you may have about this place or others like it.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 AM   #2  
Mel

Quote:
Apparently it recalls the information from your previous session and automatically calibrates the equipment for your session.

Hmmmmm....to me that would be a tip off that free weights and interesting body weight or plyometrics are NOT part of the gym experience.

Go take a look!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:42 AM   #3  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Well, and that is also a good point. Even if they did have free weights I'm not so certain that the culture is one that I would want to acclimate to on a regular basis. I suppose I already knew this but wondered if anyone had experience with this place and could tell me otherwise. I really don't want to feel insecure about trying new tricks in a really conservative environment. I hate it that my gym is as far as it is but really I can do my own thing without anyone looking twice. Well, for the most part.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote