Old 09-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 313/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Unhappy wow...I had a serious binge today :(

So i weighed myself this morning, and it was the same as last week. Then I kinda went off the deep end...here is what I've ate so far today;

McDonalds Breakfast - sausage mcmuffin, 2 hashbrowns and orange juice
Crispy crunch chocolate bar
2 pieces of cheese
weight watchers snack cake
1 cup of pea soup
4 chunks ahoy cookies
white roll with margarine
lasagna

its only 2:30...oh my...and I have used 53!! weight watchers points...I get 28 a day, and 35 extra for the week...I have 10 weekly ones left, and still have to get to the end of today...

I just can't believe that I did this to myself...well, I guess all I can do now is smarten up and get back on track
nicoledg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

When I was in WW, a situation like this called for pulling out the zero point soup recipes. I googled "zero point soup" and tons of recipe websites would come up, and I'd pick a recipe that sounded good (though you can't always trust that the soups are truly zero point, as some are obviously more familar with WW points than others, so if there was a questionable ingredient, I'd look it up), or use the old standby from the book, or one of my favorite variations.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #3  
inspired this time around

S/C/G: 161/149/130

Height: 5'3''

You are still on track.....with those 10pts left for the week. Don't beat yourself up. We've all been there...
whoIwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/147/126

Height: 5'7"

Here's my advice. Brush your teeth. Drink a big glass of water, then eat only salad for the rest of the day.

Have a Big Salad, lettuce only, with the 1 calorie dressing spray!!! Have as many much as you want.
SandiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #5  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

I agree, do not beat yourself up. You only have 5 days left in the week to get thru. Google those 0 point soups and stuff your face...lol.
luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Why did you go on the deep end? What freaked you out? Did you not lose enough weight? Did you lose too much weight? Did you go on the deep end for another reason?

For me, binge eating is my own psyche's SOS/red flag/call for help. There is something amiss and I feel like I can't cope so I go to food for help. Most of the time I can tell when I'm upset and deal with that instead of eating. Sometimes, I slip.

1. Forgive yourself. What's done is done.
2. Get a hold of that zero points recipe and make it as delicous-tasting as you can (spices have no points!). Don't think you are eating it as punishments but as a way to take care of yourself. Think warm, nurturing, life.
3. Figure out what set you off. If it's the weigh-in, have a plan for the next time.

Keep at it girl! :-) We all fall down. It's the winners that keep getting up.
NuevaVida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:16 PM   #7  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoledg View Post
...I have 10 weekly ones left, and still have to get to the end of today...

I just can't believe that I did this to myself...well, I guess all I can do now is smarten up and get back on track
YES!

This is exactly the attitude that will make you successful in your plan! Acknowledging the problem and then getting back on track now not tomorrow. So many people have so much trouble with making this mental shift from "darn, I messed up" to "let's get back on track."

Congratulations!!!

Another good point is that you can learn from this experience. Maybe you've stumbled onto one of your "triggers." A lot of fruit juices have high fructose corn syrup, which is a trigger food for a lot of people. Or maybe the problem is that you allowed yourself to get too rushed (if you're hitting drive thrus for breakfast, you might need to plan ahead with portable nutritious breakfasts).

It's fantastic that you're brushing yourself off and continuing to fight the fight, but you'll have more long term success if you use this experience as a lesson for the future.
twilit tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #8  
carinna

Tomorrow is another day.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

So you weighed yourself and didn't lose any weight for one week and so you binged? Am I getting this right?

Was your binge a result of faithfully working your program? Did you weigh and measure all your food and track each and every point and still not lose? *or* was your binge punishment for not working your program? Did you feel like you had gotten away with something and felt the need to punish yourself?

I've been there before. I;ve cheated on and off all week and then a few days before weigh in I didn't want to see a gain, so I would starved myself...then after weigh in I would stuff my face because I was...well.. starving. I also felt guilty because I knew i didn't deserve to maintain because I was not doing it healthy...or the "right way". I felt like I somehow cheated the system.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote