Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 11:40 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try again...#195

WELCOME

We are a group of people working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday..... Weigh ins / Wacky/ Way to go Wednnesday
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 07-29-2002, 11:43 AM   #2  

No time to visit at this time. My daughter leaves for college again in a few hours... so I just came in to read while she was in the shower. I saw we needed a new thread for the week. Hopefully I will be back later.

P.S. I am still going strong,
Old 07-29-2002, 02:15 PM   #3  

Talking You guys rock!

Howdy Ladies!

Woo-hoo! I was excited to see so many posts!

First off, I'd just like to say that as time passes, I appreciate you guys more and more! I really think you have made a huge difference in my motivation level. Everyone here is SO supportive and it really helps to have someone to report your progress to. That said, Weigh-in Wednesday is only 2 days away!

Kat... hmmm. I'm not sure why you couldn't access www.curiouscharacter.com. It could have been that our Internet Service Provider was down for a bit; we host the site from home. ANYHOO... it's working now, so give it a try. BTW, you can also see 2 year old pics from our wedding at www.regnsara.com. hee hee... I AM THE REDHEAD... and have been for the last 5 years!

Duckie... Man! I feel for you! Having neighbors who completely disregard anyone other than themselves REALLY sucks! And to not even be able to tell the police to come over pronto! Grrr... from your description of the group, they sound pretty intimidating, the kind of ppl a woman would feel really uncomfortable approaching in the middle of the night to tell them to SHUT-UP!

Wic... I don't think I got the chance to officially welcome you to our little group! These gals are great and support you through the good and bad! I think I was the last newbie here so I'm speaking from experience! It sounds like your definitely on the right track--resisting fried chicken and cheesecake!

Malia... Glad you posted. I was wondering what had happened to you! A centipede attack is an acceptable excuse though! YUCK! Hope everying turns out okay for your trip. When are you set to leave?

Baylee... What happened to you? I was thinking about this. The way this group functions is so strange. I mean, you all have become a big part of my life, but if something happened to someone in our group, we might never know.

Hello to everyone else out there! Gotta get started on some housework but I'll check back in a bit!

TTFN
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 07-29-2002 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:15 PM   #4  
I'm on my way!

Just checking in! My first day on the job went by so fast! It was pretty interesting! Now tomorrow I have an interview for Jones New York Apparel. This is full time and the money is better and the benefits too. And...when it rains it pours! When we were out friday night I was talking to a friend and her cousin is looking for a medical biller too...and...she said if I come down to apply for the job its mine! Money ain't bad and its suppose to have benefits too! Just in time...I only have about 4 weeks left of unemployment benefits! I really need to work full time to make it worth paying child care but I would prefer to work part time and spend the rest of the time with my little guy!

Oh well...since I was working today I had breakfast and then had lunch when I got home. It kept me outta the fridge and I really didn't need any food till I got home. I did bring a slim fast with me just in case!

Well I gotta get the little dude in the bath and get myself ready for work tomorrow. John is off so Andrew will be staying home with him. Scary! My poor baby! LOL I still need to get his lunch ready so his dad feeds him something healthy! It scares me though since he is climbing on the recliner and up through the stairs and jumping off the coffee table onto the couch and today I caught him on top of the table out back on the patio! Geeeesshh! I am going to have gray hair within the next few months!

OK TTFN Michelle
Old 07-29-2002, 08:49 PM   #5  

Kat. don't even go there about mosquitoes...they call them our state bird. I was mowing for two hours and they ate me up!!!!

We had a horse die 25 miles from here yesterday from the West Nile type of mosquito.

Minnesota has 54 types of mosquitoes...maybe they got Baylee.

Needless to say it is 8PM and I haven't eaten yet. I have to get to bed by 9PM because I got up at 5AM...and did yoga....yeah me....

Will write more tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:50 PM   #6  

Sara I can't open those sites either....boo hoo
Old 07-29-2002, 11:04 PM   #7  
CAR

Default Good Evening Ladies!

Hi All,

I'm new to the site and looking for a place to fit in, I hope you don't mind me butting in. I've been lurking for a while and I don't feel like I fit in anywhere, but decided it's time to just jump on in and see what happens. You all seem nice enough. I love the WELCOME and the part of being a supportive and sharing group. I hope that I can be as supportive to you all, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

A little about myself, I'm 43 and need to lose 60 pounds. I just joined WW. Tonight was my first meeting and I am so excited to get started. I know it will be a bit of a struggle in the beginning, trying to get this point system down, but overall I think I will do pretty good. I'm hoping anyway. I won't go on and on. I will be sure and check in tomorrow morning. Hope everyone has a GREAT evening!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:16 PM   #8  

Default Website Information

Hey guys!

I think you just couldn't access my sites because a period was attached to the URLs as I was ending sentences both times. I think I've fixed it though.

Try again here.

www.regnsara.com

www.curiouscharacter.com

Let me know if they're still not working!

Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 07-29-2002 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:20 PM   #9  

Default Welcome Car!

Just wanted to let you know that you've joined a great group! It's great that you're so excited about losing weight--that's exactly how I feel!

Hope to hear more from you soon,
Sara
Old 07-30-2002, 12:55 AM   #10  

Car.. I also want to welcome you to our group. Many here are on WW and you will find lots of support and recipes and ideas.

Sara... I got your sites open just fine. Great pics

Lucky... we had one of those mosquitos kill some birds here in Okla. If those MN mosquitos haven't killed Baylee... maybe they picked her up and carried her away.

Michelle... glad your first day went great. Now to find out about the other job offers. I will keep my finger and toes crossed.

One more day under my belt. I need to up my water. I get so busy I forget to drink it sometimes. Eight 8oz glasses is my minimum... a gallon is my goal.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:04 AM   #11  

Wish I could say I have one day under my belt. Not quite. It is truly hot. Thankfully, I walk first thing in the morning. At the moment (9pm), I have a headache from the heat. I blew the eating part of my plan. Water and exercise has been excellent. Mikey is back on the trail again. Duckie, good luck with the chow. I bought my mutt 3 mos old and the damage was done. He's still snapping. Yikes. Moody fellow.

Lucky, mosquitoes. We had an outbreak of dengue fever last October from mosquitoes. The State had a big campaign. Cleaned up junk out of yards. It seems no known cases have appeared for the last four months. Scary.

Need to take a shower, take tylenol, and hit the pillow.
Goodnight,
Malia
Old 07-30-2002, 06:12 AM   #12  
I'm on my way!

Car welcome to our humble little group! You will find the support you need here! Great bunch of ladies here!

Well I am off to tackle the morning routine. Gotta get use to this working thing again...its so foreign to me now! LOL

Have a great day! Michelle
Old 07-30-2002, 08:13 AM   #13  

Welcome, Car, you will find great support here.

Good luck getting back into the job routine, Michelle.

Sorry to hear about Mickey's bad habit, Malia. Maybe with age he will quit snapping.

Sara, great pictures. You look very happy and pretty. Thanks for sharing them.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:46 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

Default I have some nerve sitting here eating cookies as I post...

Sad but true...cookies and milk...What I need to do is get my chubby butt over to the gym and find out once and for all if I have that job...before I bust a cap on someone at my present place of employment...May I whine for a moment? They have me training a new girl for a job that I do not perform. I can teach aspects of the job, but what she will be doing is somewhat different from what I do. Plus they've already decided to "cross-train" this girl to do two completely different jobs, simultaneously. And they wonder why they can't keep help over there. Ah well, it won't be my problem soon. hopefully...

oops...gotta go watch Bruce Springsteen on the Today show...they are filming from Asbury Park (about 25 miles from here) My sister wanted me to drive down there with her this AM to see what we could see. I'm too old, fat and hot to stand in the heat, on the beach hoping to catch a glimpse of Bruce...20 years ago I would have been first on line! more on that later...

welcome new kids on the block!

Back soon!
Old 07-30-2002, 09:28 AM   #15  

I woke up early this morning and knew I was suppose to go swimming... but it was just too hard to face people. I know that once I go the first time that it gets easier... but that first time is a killer. I even have a mini goal to work towards. We go on vacation the last week in August and I want to be as mobile as possible for it. Swimming will help make me more mobile. It takes more than just "wishing" to get this body into shape. It takes ACTION

I have to laugh at myself everyday. I have only been cheat free for 18 days now... but you would think it had been 18 weeks. LOL I truly see how "unrealistic" I am about weightloss when it comes to "my" weightloss. LOL I feel like I should have lost "at least" 30 lbs by now. LOL LOL. I am not impatient or anything. LOL

Okay... time to get this big butt in gear and get moving.
My Tuesday Tip for the day.....
TODAY is the best day to stay on your program. Not yesterday, nor tomorrow... TODAY is the day.
Closed Thread