Old 09-19-2008, 12:29 AM   #1  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Default Losing Weight to get Pregnant again!!!

Hey everyone!
So I have started my excercise journey this week and am super stoked to be fit again! Although I have a lot to lose I am thinking that it will not be soo hard if I just stick with it. I don't know if I am alone out there but me and my soon to be husband have been contemplating having a baby together since I have a son and he has a son from previous relationships.(But he has raised my son solely since I was 12 weeks pregnant). So basicly I want to be a fit mommy but I dont want to be the fat pregnant chick so my goal is to get in shape and then get pregnant...and hopefully stay in shape. If anyone else has experienced anything like this I would love to hear your stories!!!!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:09 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

funny enough my bf and i want a baby....
i always told him that i wanted to be at my goal and maintaining for a couple of months first....
good luck with your journey....
it definaetly sounds like a great reward for you!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #3  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

It is also my current goal to lose enough weight for DH and I to have a healthy pregnancy. It would be my first but, I still want to be as healthy as possible. IT is just so scary to me how people who really take care of themselves can still have major problems during. Truly, truly scary to me. I don't want to make things harder than they need to be.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:20 AM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

How exciting... I wish you luck! All of you
You can do it! You have such a great goal at the end of the road.. so that will probably help you stick to your good eating. YOu can do it!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #5  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi ladies...add me to the list. I need to lose some serious weight because I know it will likely affect the ability for me and DH to conceive. I read that fat produces extra estrogen which inhibits ovulation... I definitely experienced this before I went on the pill, late periods I think because I was gaining weight. Ugh! Anyway DH and I want to start trying Dec. 2009 (3rd anniversary) so I've got just over a year to get my weight into check...
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #6  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

Yeah I think I want to try around next summer so only a little less then a year to go!! GO ME
Old 09-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I lost my weight to help prepare my body for pregnancy. In fact, it was the only thing that really motivated me to lose. I gained a little bit when we moved this summer, but I've been within 10lbs of my goal for a little over a year. Maintaining is so much harder then losing for me.

Dh and I have been TTC since last Christmas, but nothing yet. We are now moving onto the OPK. I'm trying to hard not to get obsessive about this. Of course, I'm not exactly in my 20's (31), but I hope you ladies don't mind my posting. I'm kinda in denial about my age. I don't feel over 30!

BTW, my sister lost weight prior to her first pregnancy and got pregnant right away, so don't let my 9 months of ttc scare you. She was really great about keeping up her health eating and exercise during pregnancy and only gained 26lbs. I can only hope I can come that close to that ideal. My sis only had 10lbs to lose after delivery. How unfair is that? Anyway, I'm babbling here...

I think getting healthy and in shape for pregnancy is a great goal! You can do this! Losing 44lbs by next summer is definitely doable.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:26 PM   #8  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

Default definitely

Well I definitely can't wait to see what i weigh next tuesday...its hard for me to not get on the scale everyday so i am holding out. If I get a big loss it will boost me to keep going. I gained 53 pounds with my first son and all of it was in the last 4 1/2 months before that I didn't gain anything and my midwife was concerned. But as you can see now I m stuck with it on my body and am not going to gain more on top of it.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/173/148

Height: 5'7"

I am also loosing weight to prepare for our first baby. I've lost 50 pounds so far, but I would like to drop 25 more pounds before we start TTC next summer.

-Samantha
Samybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #10  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

Its hard when you know aht when you get pregnant you gain all that weight. Before I got pregnant the first time I had recently lost over 40 lbs and was sooo happy to be the way I was. Of course I wasn't TTC, it just happened and then with my pregnancy I gained 50 so now I just want to get back down to where I was before...only in a healthier way this time!
Old 09-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #11  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

Yay, I am in the same boat! My husband and I have been married for 3 years (together for 6), and we have not yet started having kids. After graduating college in 06, we moved 1,200 miles back to my husband's home town and it has been a rocky road getting established, finding work, etc. For awhile we struggled with unemployment, no health insurance, etc. and we did NOT want to bring a baby into our life when everything was so unstable. We have a LOT of student loan debt, too, and we want to get a grasp on that before we start having kids. Now that we both have full-time, long-term work and health insurance, things are started to fall into place.

We have been doing a lot of talking and planning, and we are hoping to start TTC at the end of 2009 or early 2010. I am trying to get healthy so I can have as healthy a pregnancy as possible. My mom had two miscarriages before she had me, and there are some significant diseases that run in my family, so I am a little bit nervous about how my pregnancy will go. I figure that my best bet at avoiding all those pregnancy problems is to be as healthy as possible well before we start trying.

So glad to find some others who share this goal!
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/217.8/170

Height: 5'6''

My husband talks about having another two children.
But i personally dont like the idea especially at the weight i am currently at. I could not imagine being any bigger than i am. Im also a mother of a 7 and 8 year old who ae already active in sports. I would say that you are on the right tract of being fit before getting pregant, and staying that way because its hard for me to keep up with them now,so hopefully the new and improved me will make it easier.
motiv8me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 313/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Same story for me ladies lol I'm getting married in April 2010, my fiance and I would like to TTC soon after the wedding. I don't know about you guys, but I've been itching for a baby for at least 2 years now. It's like one day my hormones just went nuts lol but anyways, I want to be healthy for our baby, I can't imagine being pregnant and 100 lbs overweight. I'm also terrified that we won't be able to conceive, am I alone with this?
nicoledg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #14  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I am also trying to lose for pregnancy. I have health issues too so I may not be ready just because I've reached the goal. I would like to hit at least 110 but I'll keep going to 95 if I'm not pregnant yet or haven't healed enough yet (I'm trying to heal adrenal and thyroid issues).
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #15  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

I"m trying to lose to so that when we decide to go for #2 i will at least be back down to prepregnancy weight--- i really dont' want to be pushing 200 again and thats where i was at when i delivered--- hopefully second time around i wont gain nearly as much as i did

---good luck ---that seems like a goal i would be working towards as well ---next summer sounds great!
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote