Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #1  
Chuggin' along...

Default No Excuses! Food & Exercise Accountability 9/22-9/28/08

I don't think I've been the first to start this thread for quite a while!

The last week was scary for me. I kept eating, snacking, a lot of emotional eating, sleep deprivation eating, more emotional eating... I think what was so scary is that though I've eaten badly before, this time I didn't feel like there was an end in sight.

Maybe my body does know best. Saturday all the sudden I thought "I'm bored with all this food... yeah..." and started eating back OP. I spent a few hours Sunday prepping food for the week. The last 2 months have been too much on the wagon, off the wagon, on, off. I'm really trying to stop. Again.

Monday's plan:
B - protein pancake, 1 T. apple butter, 1 c. sk milk, coffee
S - sm banana
L - ww tortilla w/ 3 oz. tuna, 1/2 T. light mayo, 2 c. cut up carrots, cucumber, broccoli
S - 6 oz. light yogurt, med. apple, 1/2 oz raw almonds
gym - focus on CARDIO today, hopefully running!
post gym homemade protein bar
D - leftover homemade pizza, large salad

Anyone else out there?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Yesterday wasn't POP for me since I ate crap for dinner. Not a binge, but definitely crappy, nutritionally-void foods. I'm hoping the 10.18 mile run I did this mroning has balanced that choice out a bit.

Today's plan:

Exercise: Run over 10 miles (done!)

Food:
Potato knish and boca burger and salad
Ezekiel penne pasta with veggies, smart balance, and nutritional yeast
Orange

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-22-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Your body is pretty smart, Megan!

My weekend was kind of a mess. Friday night we went to our friends' house for dinner. The dinner itself was pretty healthy - grilled salmon, seaweed salad, and angel hair with cherry tomatoes. Then we had for dessert pumpkin muffins which I had made (I had 1.5) and baklava (I had about 3).

Saturday went well up until the evening. DH's grandfather passed away early Saturday morning, so we went to his parents' house and I made them dinner (at least since I was in control it was relatively healthy). Dinner was lean meatloaf, sweet potato fries, and green beans w/cherry tomatoes. OTOH MIL had baked bread, so I had 2 slices of bread with butter also. Then of course we had to have dessert which ended up being a green tomato and apple pie. I had one slice plus a little bit, plus a beer.

Sunday was also at the in-laws' house. This time a neighbor of theirs had brought them dinner. Salad, fruit salad, rolls, a soup made with tortellini, chicken, and sausage, and apple crisp with ice cream for dessert. Plus two glasses of wine for me. At least pretty much all I had earlier in the day was some fruit, yogurt, and cereal.

The good news about the weekend is that yesterday I went for an 8.4-mile, 3-hour walk! I felt like taking the dog for a nice long walk, so I started out toward the "downtown" area that we pass on the way to work. It turns out that the "downtown" area is 4.2 miles away! That's okay, I felt great and wasn't tired at all. The dog and I got something to drink in town and headed back.

This week will have multiple family meals still coming up. Today I can get out of the family dinner because I have my aqua aerobics class at least.

Monday's plan:
B - oatmeal w/honey & cinnamon, milk
S - two asian pears, 1 fig, slice of focaccia bread
L - leftover meatloaf and green beans
S - apple, two figs
D - probably pasta, I won't have much time to eat b/c of my class
Exercise - 30 min wog with dog (c25k wk3d1) - Done! aqua aerobics
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I had a good weekend. Pretty much OP except for a little too much wine.

B~scrambled egg, 1 c yogurt, 8 almonds
S~nuts, tangerine
L~leftover flank steak and broccoli and 1 c split pea soup
S~Activia yogurt
D~a myriad of leftovers: carnitas, parmesan chicken and philly cheesesteak sandwiches--I'll heat it all up and divide it between the three of us and have a salad on the side.
Gym~45 minutes
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

Height: 5'6

Oh My GOSH
Ya'll are AWESOME
10 mile runs , 8 mile walks
And I was happy with my 1.8 mile walk, i feel ashamed !!
cartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #6  
Workin' It

This weekend wasn't as OP as I would have liked, but I didn't go over 1800 calories either day. Saturday we had tickets to 'Les Mis', so we went out for Thai food on the way where I had a spring roll with my entree, then had Bailey's and cinnamon almonds at the theater... The rest of the day was good, so I ended up around 1700ish. Sunday I was headed for OP, but then at 7:30 DH went and got ice cream from Sonic. I haven't splurged on ice cream in a long time, so I went 250 calories over where I wanted to end up for the day...

I did do 45 minutes of HITT on the elliptical both days, with 10 minutes of calisthenics on Saturday & 20 minutes of cardio yoga on Sunday.

Today I'm at home, didn't feel great this morning - head congested, fuzzy feeling... I've planned out the days meals to come in 150 under plan, figuring it can't hurt to balance out yesterday a little!

Today:
Exercise - 45 minutes on the elliptical, lower intensity than normal. Might do 30 minutes on the Weider later if my head has cleared a little.

B: smoothie
S: none, got up pretty late
L: Chichen of the sea pink salmon, mini bagel
S: Trader Joe's Sweet & Savory Trail Mix Bar (just got those this weekend, love them!) or Orange Ceranberry Gnu Bar, chocolate milk with protein powder if I work out later
D: Wendy's grilled chicken with no HM (DSS tonight, he pretty much eats nuggets and fries...)
S: cup of froot loops or pretzels I'm thinking

Jessica - sorry about your DHs grandfather. I bet the walk was nice, though!
Meghan - Your body does seem to be pretty smart! Kudos on the OP weekend!
Josephine - I couldn't run 10 miles if my life depended on it... wow.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Well, things haven't slid ENTIRELY off track today, just a few wheels off track. But amazingly, I'm still well within my calorie limit.

Weighed in at 145 even. I've noticed I'll bounce up slightly for Monday, and then go back down. I can only assume that's because I stink at water consumption on weekends. Note to self: work on that!

Did a rough program on the bike this morning for half an hour, then went to do weights.

Breakfast: PB Crackers.
Snack: Banana
Lunch: 1/2 serving of some grilled chicken/enchilada sauce/pasta stuff I made last night, with 1/4 cup 2% milk shredded cheese.
Snack: 1 serving pretzels (here's where the sliding comes in), a 100 calorie Rice Krispie breakfast bar and a peppermint! THEN this library lady comes in with my little "prize" for the summer reading program at my library...and it contained two hazelnut/cashew chocolate bars at 300 calories each. I REALLLY wanted one, so I looked and saw that I've got enough calories left over for the day, so I ate half! BAAAAD Mindi!

Dinner: Homemade barbecue chicken sandwiches (filling made in crock pot) with baked fries and a bun. And a little thing of sugar free vanilla pudding for dessert.

Total is 1,530 calories, 43 g. fat, only 68 g. protein. Not bad...low actually. I've been getting around 1,650 to 1,700.

Tomorrow WILL be better...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I had a -horrible- weekend food-wise. Anytime I go wine-tasting, the alcohol calories alone kill me. And then you add the meals...the cheese and crackers...my body was READY to get back on plan today. My scale was ready too. The food was good but I'm not sure about worth it. We'll see where the scale ends up toward the end of the week.

Plan for today -

B - English muffin w/ light cheese
S - Grapes
L - Leftovers - Pork tenderloin stirfry w/ many veggies, brown and wild rice
S - Popcorn
S - Protein Shake
D - Picking up a rotisserie chicken at Costco, along with fixings for salad - I'll use the chicken breast tonight on the salad, then make up some broth and pull the meat for a chicken and veggie soup tomorrow
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 65 min strength (done!)
55 min elliptical (trying to muster the energy now)
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Still trying to recover from Saturday's blowout.

Monday

breakfast - Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey, fresh blackberries

Lunch - big salad (artisan green/red leaf lettuce from Trader Joe's - YUM), red onion, kalamata olives, carrot shreddies, grape tomatoes, pepperocini, 1 heated/crumbled veggie burger, Tsatsiki (80 calories)

Snack - tangelo

Snack - cheese string, mini dill pickles

Dinner - the last of the leftover salad from Saturday night. It has the artisan lettuce, slivered almonds, dried cherries, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, carrots. I am going to add a serving of chicken and some gingerly vinaigrette dressing

Should be around 1200 for the day
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #10  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

The weekend was pretty good for me, so hopefully I won't break down midweek to treat myself.

B: Poached egg + poached white w/ two slices whole wheat cinnamon toast
S: Peach w/ skim latte
L: Tuna wrap w/ small salad
S: String cheese and green tea
D: Broccoli chicken stir-fry on brown rice

Exercise: Walk Away the Pounds three mile fat burn + two mile walk with dogs.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sunday was not perfectly on plan, but by no means terrible. I once again overdid it on the healthy stuff. I made butternut squash and it was an ENORMOUS one and oh so delicious. So naturally, I ate too much of it. I knew I shouldn't have bought such a big one.

I made a turkey breast too. It came out fabulous and I overdid it a bit too much on that too.

I am soooo much better when I make the EXACT amount of food that I should be eating. I simply can not be trusted.

Today was POP.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:51 PM   #12  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Today was OP - let's look forward to tomorrow:

B - English Muffin w/ canadian bacon and light mozzarella
S - Apple
L - Giant salad w/ rotisserie chicken, mixed veggies, laughing cow, spray dressing
S - Popcorn
S - Greek Yogurt
D - Mexican Chicken Soup (Homemade chicken stock, wild and brown rice, squash, carrot, celery, onion, diced tomatoes, garlic, and a ton of spices, with a topper of fat free sour cream)
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 60 min elliptical
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #13  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning gang! Yesterday was POP.

Today's plan

Exercise: Light jog (to stretch legs) [done!], Exercycle at least 30 mins.

B: Spouted grain toast with grits, coffee with stevia
L: Falafel wrap, veggies
S: Orange
D: Kofta curry and potato knish
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning. Another fine day.

B~scrambled egg, leftover shredded pork with salsa
S~nuts, tangerine
L~Smart Ones frozen salisbury steak w/vegetables
S~Activia yogurt
D~grilled pork with steamed broccoli
Gym~45 minutes
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #15  
Chuggin' along...

Today's plan (back and forth all day - left the house carrying like 6 bags of stuff):

B - protein pancake, sk milk, coffee
gym - 25 min elliptical, 10 min. stairmaster
S - 2 pluots
jury duty - 3 hours and was released, to work
L - ww tortilla w/ 4 oz. lean ham, 2 c. cucumber, broccoli, carrots, 1/4 c. feta & spinach dip
S - 6 oz. lf yogurt, med. apple, handful pretzels, 2 dark chocolate squares (oops, those weren't planned)
gym some more?
D - lean pocket, large salad
Research seminar for work - I organized it so I know what the snacks will be. Trying to stick to the apple slices.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote