Old 09-19-2008, 07:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Have you ever forgotten?

So this morning I dropped the conditioner tube next to the toilet...which is wedged in next to the vanity. I looked sadly at it, thinking I would leave it for DH to pick up, trading the (legitimate) complaints about my not getting it for the pain in my knees, difficulty getting up and down, and possibility of breaking the toilet as I balanced myself on it while I attempted to reach this.

Then I remembered...I can bend, I don't hurt! I am much more mobile!

I leaned in, picked up the tube. My knees didn't hurt...I could reach in and balance without having to lean on anything.

Have you ever forgotten that you can do things now that you couldn't?
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Sometimes I look at a flight of stairs and think about how completely out of breath I will be if I take them.
But, then I take them and think "Hey that wasn't so bad at all! I should remember this for next time."
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Pandora...that's SO awesome!

Once in a while I forget that I can fit into any chair with arms now - that feels so good.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I do it shopping sometimes. I still reach for XL shirts, even though I now wear a medium.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

That's a fun NSV! It's these little things that really help you to see and appreciate the positive changes you've made.
I forget all the time. My poor brain is so confused, it doesn't know what body it's in. Especially shopping for clothing, I am totally overwhelmed. I used to head straight for Lane Bryant, knew exactly which size to grab, usually didn't even need to try it on, done. Now I head straight for LB, remember I can't shop there anymore, get very confused about where to go, what size to get, what will be flattering (flattering? What a concept - it used to only matter that it would fit!), have to try things on, etc. I am not a shopper so this is not fun. But I am not complaining! I will adjust eventually and I am very happy once I do find something I like.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 8"

Fantastic NSV Pandora! Ain't it grand?

A little less often now but yeah, I still have moments. Usually during some everyday chore, like rinsing the dishes, I'll catch myself starting to lean against the sink before I realize I don't need to because I'm not pooped after bending to put two plates in the dishwasher.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

awesome!

I sometimes forget the other way - food related!

I drive home each night by my OLD favourite bakery -- last night I thought "hey I should stop and get a lemon merangue pie and some brownie" and actually changed lanes to turn in there!!

THEN i remembered "DUH you don't eat that crap anymore FOOL" and off I went in the other direction... apparently without signalling if the HONKS were anything to go by
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I no longer get nervous about flying and having someone sit in the middle seat next to me. Before it would be so uncomfortable to have someone there. Now, I'm not spilling over onto the other seat.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #9  

It is so great to read these posts. It is very encouraging to someone who can't seem to get started in the right direction.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #10  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
I no longer get nervous about flying and having someone sit in the middle seat next to me. Before it would be so uncomfortable to have someone there. Now, I'm not spilling over onto the other seat.
I was so pleased when I flew to Orlando a few weeks ago and I was the one in the middle seat and didn't feel like my fat was too badly in the way. In such close quarters it was hard not to bump into each other a little bit, but in the past I'm sure I would have felt 100x more uncomfortable. That was pretty cool!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora123a View Post
So this morning I dropped the conditioner tube next to the toilet...which is wedged in next to the vanity. I looked sadly at it, thinking I would leave it for DH to pick up, trading the (legitimate) complaints about my not getting it for the pain in my knees, difficulty getting up and down, and possibility of breaking the toilet as I balanced myself on it while I attempted to reach this.

Then I remembered...I can bend, I don't hurt! I am much more mobile!

I leaned in, picked up the tube. My knees didn't hurt...I could reach in and balance without having to lean on anything.
Oh, I LOVE that NSV!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

WTG Pandora!

I still find myself walking that my thighs won't rub together which isn't necessary. I also still "squeeze" by things, which my husband has said looks quite funny to see me squeeze by him when I have a few feet of space. He thinks I'm tyring to sneak a cuddle
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:36 PM   #13  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Booths. I could not fit in most regular booths at restaurants. I always requested a table. We went into Subway Friday evening and I was mortified to see that all of the tables were taken. I was near panic as we were ordering our sandwiches. I was praying someone would get up and leave. I saw an empty chair and decided I could "borrow" it from the table and sit at the end of the booth. Okay, cool I had a plan. We all go to sit down and I notice the chair has been taken. I don't know what else to do so I decide to try and squeeze in. It was like OMG, I fit. WITH ROOM TO SPARE. Nothing from by body was touching the table and there was lots of extra space. I was thrilled to say the least.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I was at a party last night where my cousins daughter wanted me to chase her, I was thinking oh man, this is not gonna be easy, but I had much more stamina then the last time I chased her around.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #15  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I used to be unable to tie my shoes by bending down before I lost weight. If I had to tie my shoe, I would have to find a step or some other surface to lift my foot onto before I could tie -- and it was hard sometimes even to lift my foot that high. If there was no place to do that, I went around with an untied shoelace...my feet couldn't come together close enough to step on the lace, so I never tripped. Now, if I need to tie my shoe, I sometimes automatically look for a step or something to lift my foot onto, but then think, "just bend over, you can now". Sometimes the brain takes a while to catch up with the body.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote