Old 09-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Ways to meet new people

i need some input....
i dont have many friends and would really like to make some more....
any ideas as to how or what I can do to achieve this?....
im not the best person when it comes to making new friends....

i thought about enrolling to kick boxing lessons....
and i go swimming once a week....
how else can i meet new people?....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #2  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Would you be interested in a book club? How about a church group or something of the sorts? Maybe an exercise group? Something fun like pole aerobics or a sexyself class? I don't know if you would be in to that but I hear the pole aerobics are not only extremely effective for weight loss and toning, but think of all the lovely women you might meet! The pole aerobics sounds really interesting to me, too bad I live in the boonies. I would really like to try it!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #3  
Little Miss Random

i am going to start studying again now the nites are getting dark and cold....
but thats self study i will do at home....
i exercise at home so its difficult in that respect....
one of my major issues is lack of confidence....
i hate the way all my school mates moved away....
Old 09-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default kickboxing...

sounds fun and I think that would be a great way to meet new people and boost your confidence! Kickboxing classes always have at least one mega hottie as an instructor, so there is a built-in motivator right there. LoL.

It always makes a girl feel better about herself to know she could beat up the guy talking to her, so that idea sounds A+ to me.

If anything else, you could try joining some of the clubs at your school or... *dun dun dun!* start chatting with people in your classes and go to the millions of campus functions and participate.

Hiding out in your room keeps your from being out and seen, so people won't get to know you because you aren't giving them a chance. It may be uncomfortable, but step out into the open and see what happens. I think you'll be surprised with how quickly people will accept you.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #5  
Little Miss Random

im not at school
Old 09-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

if you're into running you could always join a jogging club, then you get your exercise and meet new people. The kick boxing class sounds like a really good idea too
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Default Oh, sorry!

I saw self-study, but I immediately thought 'online classes' at a school in your area. If that were the case, you could still go to all of the functions and join the clubs.

Do you have any hobbies like dancing or singing or anything? Do you like animals or charity work? I volunteer for the ASPCA and my local foodbank and I love it. Maybe you could try something like that?
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

How about rock climbing? Build confidence and meet lots of interesting people -- you can take indoor lessons. Or, hmmm, are you a reader? A lot of bookstores and libraries have readings to attend or bookclubs to attend -- especially small bookstores with specialties like mysteries. Or take a class at an experimental college kind of thing. Cooking maybe? A lot of places have classes on cooking light. And everyone spends a lot of time laughing and having fun while they get messy. Hiking group or cycling group? Good exercise and lots of young singles. I have a really good friend I met volunteering -- in my case as a dispute resolution mediator. I took the classes and got trained and helped settle small claims cases. Just the exposure to people helped me to make friends. Oh, another great place is to volunteer at a local park for clean-up days. There is a park by my house where literally a hundred people -- young and old -- show up for the work days and get put into teams. Doing hard labor breeds a sense of comraderie that is great for making friends. Good luck!!!!
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #9  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Even online through a forum like this...if someone is in your area and obviously you have the same goals in mind then maybe you could start there. Or I don't know if you work or not....I find that I meet lots of people that way...except I work in a restaurant and am a very outgoing person so I talk to EVERYONE!! Even maybe seeing if you have any neighbors your age, or going to the mall and walking around, there are so many ways to meet people its INSANE! Just making yourself available and not hanging out at home is the key
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:10 AM   #10  
Little Miss Random

the problem is what with the cold weather i dont like to go out much at night time....
i REALLY feel the cold....
the bf is going on about how he wants to see his friends more, which is fine by me....
i just feel a little left out that i have hardly any mates....
probably 3 close ones and one other....
so while he is at his mates what am i guna do?!....
Old 09-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #11  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I've always had trouble with friends.

The best thing to do is get involved in your community.

What interests you? What have you always wanted to do but never been brave enough to try? Do it. Try that photography course. Go hiking. Find a fitness class to join. Or a book club. Maybe something that will put you out of your comfort zone...like an acting class or something.

It does have a lot to do with confidence and just not caring too much about what people think. You are a great and unique person, don't be afraid to shine.

It's not called confidence for nothing; if you ain't got it, fake it.

Last edited by Cats tongue; 09-22-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote