Old 09-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: 9/20-9/21

Mornin' All!

It's a gorgeous, crisp Fall morning here! Think it's going up to 75 though. And tomorrow's gonna be 80. I'll take it, but I hate that people get sick this time of year because of weather like this! DH is sick as a dog right now.

Hope everyone is doing well! So far things are good at work, we were affected by the ML/BOA sale, but that's because ML was our largest minority stock holder. Now BOA is. We're not really affected by Lehman though.

Have a great weekend all! I'm going to see mom at the rehab today.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all!! Man! What a busy week. DH was sick with some kind of stomach bug so I pulled double duty all week... plus work so I'm tired!!

The scale was kind to me this morning for my 12 week weigh in... down 1.2 for a grand total of 16. I just wish I felt better about it... I think I might be getting sick...

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't had any time to post or to go back and read thru the weeks posts so forgive me.

I never made it to the job interview yesterday that I mentioned. They hired someone on Thursday that could start immediately!! Unreal! You don't hire someone based on if they can start immediately or not, you hire based on credentials! They never even requested a copy of my resume so they never even saw what my background was. So, I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Have a good day everyone. I have a lot of errands to run so I'll be out and about!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello!
Lauren sorry about being affected by this economy, who isn't? !!! how is your mom doing? is she back at home? I hope your big kid (DH) feels better. Aren't they all big babies?

Valerie congratulations on the loss, 16# is great! there is something going around here too, DS had the bug, I think I have it now. Sean is still not feeling better. The Dr. said he is fine but he is still dizzy.

Cher37 hello and oh! a knitting joint, I miss spelled it yesterday and I didn't catch it, when I am not sleeping or eating I knit! LOL. I go every Friday to a local shop where we have group of women that meet there EVERY Friday, we knit, talk, laugh a lot, order food and we eat there, it is like a little family it is great!

well yesterday was a great day for me, I had a very good time at the knitting shop, we laughed a lot! they got new yarns in and oh my G-d I want them all! I was good I only bought one kind of yarn, of course it was the most expensive one, but it fabulous silk and mohair. I am not doing well in the eating department. We had fried food, but it was great! we ordered thai food. At home I am not doing great with food either, I have been eating lots of bread, I don't know why I am craving it. I am starting the detox diet I had mentioned about before, it is called the 7 day miracle detox diet, it is only 7 days, but it is very hard to do, I am ready to do it! I feel like my body needs an entire cleansing! so I am planing anything for this coming week other than just staying home, specially the first two days of the cleansing you don't eat anything at all, just drink water w/lemon juice. I am looking forward to it!
See you all later

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi all,I'm new to this forum, wondering if ya'll cared if I join in,the thread I've called home is dead and has been for a while..I think evrybody packed their bags and left!!LOL anyway I'm 34...in fact just turnrd 34 on the 17th of this month! yey me!!
Anyway,just wondering what some of you use as weight loss strategy...I've been doing the "cereal thing" and I've been doing pretty good,I first started it to get a jump start on my weight loss,but just ended up stickin' with it...and so here I am!! wanting to make some new friends!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #5  

Trysh, this is great group!

it is unusual how slow it has been in here since yesterday.
Hanna
Old 09-21-2008, 12:07 AM   #6  
cher37

Hannah - Thanks for the clarification !!! LOL
(I had to ask!!) & now, I'll have to ask .. how do you manage to knit & eat at the same time??? I too am a knitter/crochet'r and now that the cooler weather is coming, I just curl up in front of the tv & make scarves & blankets (nothing with too much of a pattern-just mindless needles clicking away). I always welcome this time of year because it keeps me from tv snacking (I don't like getting my fingers, then needles & yarn dirty).
...just thought I'd ask .... (again!)

P.S. I'm a little bit envious of your ability to eat & knit at the same time ... b/c I LOVE THAI FOOD!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:08 AM   #7  

cher we do take breaks to eat, all though there is always something sweet on the table, I like bringing "florentine" cookies, because we like to have something sweet after lunch, and that doesn't necessarily means we wait until after we eat, and about once a month we celebrate someone in the group's birthday, so of course more food, lol! for me the trouble is not the food, but drinking my ice tea, I on my way to the shop I stop at any fast food place and get the larger size ice tea, and then of course I have to stop where ever I am to go to the girls room, lol! I don't like to stop when I am into my knitting, but what do you do, right?
Have you ever knitted garments? I see you are in Canada, every so often I order patterns from Canada, there is a company I like a lot and the only place I can find their publications is in Canada, the company is "Bergere de France" do you have a yarn shop near you?

s fat as the Tahi food, i couldn't finish the shrimp dish I ordered on Friday, it was way to spicy. Some of the ladies really like spicy food.
Have a nice weekend!
Hanna
Old 09-21-2008, 06:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all. Sorry i haven't been here for a few days. Its been crazy lately. Friday was my day off but i spent it running errands and then did a shift at the aquarium. Yesterday work was INSANE. We had several emergencies and many rooms. We had the busiest most productive day i've seen since i've been at the clinic. Needless to say..i was exhausted when i came home and crashed at 9.45.

This morning we are up early. I have to work at 10, and we decided to go take the motorcycle out to the mall parking lot and practice some. I can't wait to start riding our motorcycle.

Welcome trysh...you'll like it here.

Alright all..i'm off...got to go get the motorcycle ready.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Been up forever w/sick DH. Been to the store for drugs and DD for coffee! Peter has a bday party to go to later at Chuck E. Cheese. Have to visit Gramps later too.

Mom went to the rehab on Friday afternoon. She'll be there at least a week. But she is walking. Hips do rehab faster than knees.

Welcome Shelby's mom!

Hanna & Cher, I wish I could Knit. My mom taught me to crochet when I was younger, but I was never good at it. Maybe because she taught me righty and I'm lefty? I dunno.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by LBH; 09-21-2008 at 07:33 AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning All,

I've been AWOL for a while, but trying to get back to the boards. I've been BUSY since school started (haven't we all!!)

Anyway, DD, her friend and I are doing the Race for the Cure 5k walk today! It's raining, lightly, so I guess I'll wear my pink hat!
mist72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Hi, gals! I've been going through my clothes. This makes me feel:
A) Tired
B) Happy
C) Sad
D) Excited
E) All of the above.

Oh, it's E, my friends.

First, I have so many clothes. I haven't even looked at the winter clothes yet, just lightweight and underthings. I have to get rid of some of my favorites that I've shrunk out of. But, I'm happy because, I'm cleaning up my wardrobe, and I am giving all this stuff to my friend for her to sell in her consignment shop. Yay$$ So the smaller things I try on actually fit, and look good! I have this pretty white short sleeved blouse that I bought at I think Wal-mart, and It was a little too small in the sleeves. I set it aside months ago, and tried it on last night. Too big. Well, the sleeves fit, but I have to take it in at the sides.

This one top, a bright pink short sleeved button-up SIZE SMALL blouse that my DD gave me for my b-day 6 years ago when I was 185 lbs. This thing almost fits me. I can button it, but it 'pulls', you know?

KNITTERS! Yay! I knit, too! I took it up to help me quit smoking and it worked, I can't do anything else when I knit, either! I haven't heard of Bergere de France, I'll have to give it a look.

I haven't knit a stitch in more than a year, what with packing, moving, having in-laws in the house, unpacking, getting settled, finding jobs, planning a wedding, getting married, whew! I should go look through my yarns. I have 14 giant balls of buffalo wool in varying shades of grey, ivory and black. What could I make out of that? Yeah. Giant Buffalo Balls.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #12  

Good morning everyone!

Lauren oh boy I don't miss the chuck E. Cheese birthday parties, I am so glad they are over! Sorry about Dh still being sick, sounds like your mom is doing much better, wow! you are a busy woman!

GG have fun w/your bike!

Misty good to see you!

Kori oh how nice to clean out closets! I love to do that! spcially when clothes are to big on me! good for you. I knit day and knit, I love it, I have knitted all my adult life, learned when I was 19 and knitted a few things, then put it away, cause I couldn't really buy the nice yarns. Last year I decided to go the yarn shop around the corner from my house literally around the corner to get some yarn and new needles to knit while I was recovering from my hysetrectomy and I have not put it down since. It is very relaxing for me. I love it! Bergere de France has great patterns, all though you have to be careful w/their stuff, they are originally from France, the translations in english are VERY poor, and not written too well. Another fabulous company to knit from is Lana Grossa AKA Filati, they have awesome things!
I have to run, I got to get to my bookclub!
See you all later

Hanna
Old 09-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #13  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

I so cannot keep up with the weekend threads. I am finishing up packing and I'll be moving out of here into my new house at the end of the month and I hate it. I wish I could just leave all of this stuff here and just buy new stuff...wishing I was rich.

Anyway, I hope everybody has a good weekend. Also, have a good week!

Sass
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Just a quickie again, I just got home from my trip and I'm TIRED. Had to fly on one of those small jets and my L leg had no where to be for 2 hours!

So sorry to hear about all the sick peoples. I hope they are all feeling better soon!

OK, off to let my family know I didn't forget them!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #15  

hello all!
Karen how was your trip? did you find your family OK?

Sass good luck with the moving stuff, packing and all.

it was a great day today, I went to my book club, we didn't really talk about the book other than mentioning it. It was not a good selection and I think I was the one who brought it up! it was called What was lost, I can't even tell you what the book was about, I read a few pages and put it down. Next book we are reading sounds more interesting, we decided on "Wild steps of heaven" I am looking forward to it, it looks like good book. My tooth had not been bothering me at all, and it just started throbbing again, I am going to go take something for it, I am looking forward to get it fixed, OMG I never thought I would say I am looking forward to get to the dentist, but I am!
Hanna