Old 09-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Cool Do you ever forget about skinny clothes you bought?

I'm having an interesting problem. When I first started losing, I came across this deal and bought some "skinnier clothes" for me.

The way that I'm losing, I wasn't able to wear them until about a month ago. (which is awesome!) Well put them on yesterday and the jeans are too stinking big. I wore them, but I was like how could it be almost over night, well not exactly, and they are too big. Trust me, not complaining, but I just wonder if others run into this too? With mine the scale hasn't moved, but apparently the inches are coming off.

I think I'm going to take them to a consignment shop in a few weeks.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #2  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

OMG! why are you in my thought process??!!? Seriously, just two days ago, I was going through my closet looking through my 'skinny'<<<Well, for me, it would be my 'thick' clothes that I bought like 3 years ago and a lot of them have the tags and stickers on them and they are all too big. Such a waste of money. Like you, not that I'm complaining or anything, but I just forgot to go in there and try things on. I used to take them back to the store and exchange them, but now they are so old, I can't even get away with that. I told my sis last night that I'm cleaning out my closet and she can have all of the clothes that are too big for me...she's a bit bigger than me so these will now be her aspiration clothes.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
OMG! why are you in my thought process??!!? Seriously, just two days ago, I was going through my closet looking through my 'skinny'<<<Well, for me, it would be my 'thick' clothes that I bought like 3 years ago and a lot of them have the tags and stickers on them and they are all too big. Such a waste of money. Like you, not that I'm complaining or anything, but I just forgot to go in there and try things on. I used to take them back to the store and exchange them, but now they are so old, I can't even get away with that. I told my sis last night that I'm cleaning out my closet and she can have all of the clothes that are too big for me...she's a bit bigger than me so these will now be her aspiration clothes.
I know right? That's so funny. It's funny how all these questions arise as we're losing weight. I need to do a fashion show in my closet and see what I can wear now and what needs to be kicked to the curb.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #4  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I did that (the fashion show) on Tuesday...I didn't treadmill, so I was dancing around my room trying on my clothes and trying to pick between 2 shirts to wear on my night out next month...my butt is soooo darn noticeable now--but not in bad way. As funny as this might sound, I've never had a round butt before.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

Not that I had forgotten about them - they were right there in front of me. I have about 6 pair of nice slacks that I figured I would be able to wear in the fall. They still have the tags on them even but they are already too big. I like the consignment store idea. Maybe I can just trade them in.....
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Me too. Not so much skinny clothes that I bought to eventually fit into. I don't much do that. But clothes I already had from when I weighed less. All of a sudden, I'll remember something I have, try it on, and it's loose already, so I'm not gonna get as much use out of it. Fortunately, most of that stuff isn't stellar anyway (styles, taste, and quality standards change, plus some is just old/a bit worn). But still, they're not bad, and it's not like I can have a fabulous new wardrobe every 10 pounds, so every little bit helps for the time being.

I think it's partly because my closet is hard to get into, and too full, so it's hard to pull things out and put them back. Gotta work on that.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #7  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I just have one pair of jeans, literally hanging on my bedroom wall that I dream of fitting into. I tried them on this morning, funny that you should bring this up today of all days. They are billabong size 11's, and they come up over my butt now but won't zip or button. Almost there. Those are my goal pants. I figure, 10 more lbs and I'll be wearing those every dang day.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #8  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

i remember when i started my weight loss journey 4 years ago i brought some skinny clothes and in hopes i would be able to wear them. well fast forward i still can't wear them. so i've kinda forgotten about the skinny clothes. they've been in my closet. i haven't even looked at them in like a year, because it's just too depressing.

what's even more depressing is that i even can't fit my current clothes because the weigh gain i've had again
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I totally did the same thing. Thank goodness I brought back the Seven jeans though. I would have stayed upset about that waste of money for a while. I don't feel too bad because I went to Old Navy and basically bought a summer wardrobe for about 60 dollars. I am at a size that I love right now and am feeling I don't want to get smaller. So I splurged at Gap and bought a couple pairs of jeans. I was able to zip up a smaller size and thought maybe I should get those instead of two pairs of the same size, because I can't afford to lose anymore weight; sort of hard on my checkbook. But I went with two pairs of the same size so I wouldn't have any more incentive to lose more weight.

I think it's best to buy very cheap for the transitional process, unless you splurge for a dress or something for a special occasion or a pair of jeans you absolutely can't resist.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #10  

Mama: That's my theory to not buy clothes but I can't help it. I go to the clearance sections and don't normally spend more than $20 for a few things. I can't help it. I get too excited. I also start giving away my clothes that are too big so I don't have any fall back. It makes me feel better when I wear clothes that fit and show off my progress.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #11  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
I need to do a fashion show in my closet and see what I can wear now and what needs to be kicked to the curb.
I sooo need to do this, too. I leave for school in one week and I'm really terrified to start packing, because 3/4 of my wardrobe has been packed away all summer... What if none of my clothes fit me?! I guess as far as problems go, that's not such a bad one to have, heh, but I'm not looking forward to trying on everything and possibly even having to get rid of old favorites. I have a shirt that I bought almost 5 years ago that I still wear because I LOVE it, but for the past couple years it's been a little looser than I would like... Now I'm practically swimming in it! It's kinda cool, but at the same time I'll definitely miss that shirt, heh. Luckily I am very handy with my sewing machine, so I'm going to try to take in as much of my clothing as I can! I'm even trying to tackle a few pairs of jeans (just the ones that REALLY don't fit--I'd still like to have a little wiggle room in case I pack on a couple pounds for winter hibernation!). But right now the idea of having to take in my entire wardrobe is about as appealing as packing!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
I just have one pair of jeans, literally hanging on my bedroom wall that I dream of fitting into. I tried them on this morning, funny that you should bring this up today of all days. They are billabong size 11's, and they come up over my butt now but won't zip or button. Almost there. Those are my goal pants. I figure, 10 more lbs and I'll be wearing those every dang day.
I am glad that I am not the only one who buys goal pants. I have a pair of size 8's that I have been staring atfor almost a year. I can get them up over my butt and pouch but cannot zip my pouch in there or button them whatsoever. However, it means I am close.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #13  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im same....
every month i tried my clothes on and the skinny ones were too big....
ive got hardly any left now as all the big ones go to charity shops!....
im waiting for goal before i buy too new many clothes....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Mama: That's my theory to not buy clothes but I can't help it. I go to the clearance sections and don't normally spend more than $20 for a few things. I can't help it. I get too excited. I also start giving away my clothes that are too big so I don't have any fall back. It makes me feel better when I wear clothes that fit and show off my progress.
I as well can't help it. I usually have one cute outfit for going to dinner and movies and out in and another few for just grocery shopping and everyday stuff. What I wear at home though is utterly ridiculous. I look a hot mess!
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspank View Post
I as well can't help it. I usually have one cute outfit for going to dinner and movies and out in and another few for just grocery shopping and everyday stuff. What I wear at home though is utterly ridiculous. I look a hot mess!
lol I totally understand. I say it doesn't matter especially since I don't pay full price for anything. I have to enjoy the process however long it is and I refuse to be looking a hot mess in public. lol At home is another story.