Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 09:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Question Does anybody else have something "Quirky"

that they do to help them lose the weight?

I actually keep my scale in the kitchen . When I "think" I want something to eat, I stand on my scale first and that usually scares me off!

Anybody else? These little quirks or not so "normal" things could help others.

I know I could use all the help I could get.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

I know this is going to sound really stupid....but you see my avatar(I'll post a bigger picture of it at the bottom of this message), I would someday love to be that thin and be able to wear clothes like that(real of course...LOL)....so I keep a pic of it up on my computer....however I should probably print one out and put it on my fridge. It helps me to see that picture to help remind me what I want.

Old 07-17-2002, 10:03 AM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Thumbs down cool topic

I really enjoyed reading these. The scale in the kitchen is kind of funny!
Also the picture is a good one too-who wouldnt want to be able to be that cute in those kind of clothes??

Me? I have a picture of me dressed up taken when I started losing weight last year on my dresser (Jan. 2001). It is a full body picture taken at a work function. Even dressed up with hair and makeup done I looked pretty bad. You cant hide 150 extra pounds over your "ideal" weight. I had pictures taken on my cruise last month and they look so much better now with getting the first 50 off!! I also look at pictures of myself on my dresser of how I will look when I lose 35 more pounds. I remember weighing 225 in these pictures. So it shows me where I was and where I can be again.

lorelei
313/260/160
Old 07-18-2002, 08:59 AM   #4  

Wink Well Ladies

Looks like we're the only ones. I was really looking forward to getting some ideas.

Jen ~ I love your avatar. She's a real cute and groovy chick !

Lorelei ~ My mom just gave me a picture of myself taken after I had lost about 40lbs and was down to 220. I worked my butt off to get there and now look at me . I need to lose another 73 lbs to get back there. But I have the determination and the drive. The picture was taken from a distance, because even back then I didn't want my picture taken!

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your posts
Old 07-28-2002, 11:56 AM   #5  
hot mom wanna be!

Hey Dyanm!
Dont beat yourself up girl! We have all lost weight and regained it with interest, as I like to say. I have lost 50 pounds twice before and gained it back twice. Oh I get so mad at myself if I think about it so I try not too!!
Seriously though, I have lost 50 again (the third time I have lost this much!!). Only now this time I started losing weight last year at 313!! In the past my starting weights were 225. How is that for a downer??
We cant change what we have done in the past but we can learn from it. I try to think what if I didnt see that picture of myself and decide that was it and started losing weight again?? I would be even BIGGER than 313!!

Like I have stated on another post I want to lose more by the holidays because I want to have a portrait taken of me and my son. We have never done this before and he is 7. I was always embarrased about my size, but when I saw the pics from my cruise I didnt look as bad as I thought and my mom has one on her wall in her room now and I dont even cringe when I see it there!!

best of luck to you!!
lorelei
313/262/160
Old 07-28-2002, 12:05 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I wonder how I missed this thread the first time?

I have a pair of size 10 khaki pants hanging from my closet door. I have them on one of those clippy-type hangers so I can see them with the full effect. I WORE those pants a scant three years ago, when I wavered between 155 and 160. I want to wear them (along with the closet full of size 10 stuff I have!) again.

I actually took a before picture when I started "operation renewed resolve." Hubby finally set up the digital camera, which I thought had been taken back because the software didn't work or something...I had daughter take a front, side, and back shot of me. Unfortunately, they all turned out pretty blurry. Still, you can definitely see how HUGE I have gotten! I had considered posting the one "before" picture that is the least blurry, but I really want to have some sort of "after" (or at least "in progress" picture to compare it to first.

Oh yeah! Another idea....go and put an outfit in your next lowest size on layaway. (So, for instance, if you're a size 20 now, you would go find a cute outfit in a size 18 and put it on layaway.) Paying on it weekly helps to reinforce your goals. I did that a few years ago when I dieted down from a 12 to a 10, and it really worked. In fact, I think I'll do that today!

Last edited by Jennelle; 07-28-2002 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2002, 09:28 PM   #7  

Hehe...Jennelle I am right there with you. I actually have thumbtacked a pair of size 14 jeans to the inside of the door in my exercise room. So they hang there, taunting me all the while I am walking on the treadmill saying to myself "I can't walk one more minute, I gotta stop, I'm gonna die!!" I just look over at the jeans, spread out for me to see what I COULD look like if I just keep my fat butt walking!

Kerry
Old 07-28-2002, 10:06 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have a photo ID from a gym I belonged to in 1988. I look so good in that picture. Of course I thought I was HUGE. I was around 175. I keep it where my license should go so I see what I can be every time I open my wallet. (One time somebody mis-took it for my sister - which I don't have)
Old 07-28-2002, 10:07 PM   #9  

I have this great picture of me in highschool (funny, how I thought I was fat then) I was at about 175lbs and looked great. That is my modivation. If my scanner was working, I would scan it and post it and a now pic. You would be amazed!!!

Bella23
Old 07-29-2002, 01:40 AM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Isn't it funny how we used to think we were fat in high school, and now we would sell our first-born to be back at that weight? I jumped between about 145 and 165 in high school and thought I was the biggest that ever lived! Looking at old pictures, I actually looked pretty hot!
Old 07-29-2002, 09:25 AM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

I drive my dh to work every morning - I must drink a bottle of water in the car and have it done by the time I get back home. (16.9 oz bottle)
I have another before lunch..
2 in the afternoon
and 2 more at night - sometimes!

My water must be at room temp - silly I know

Speaking of highschool - my mom took me to weight watchers while I was in highschool - how stupid!!!! I was 117 lbs (I will never forget) - I was supposed to be 105 lbs.
I look back at pictures of me in college at 150 lbs and I looked hot too!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 09:38 AM   #12  

I am going home today, ripping my size 14 pants out and tacking them onto my closet door.

I look at pictures of myself when I was thinner, it reminds me that this is possible

Old 07-29-2002, 09:59 AM   #13  

I have found two things that are working for me.

1~ I do not refer to myself as being on a "Diet". That to me indicates, that there is a time limit, and say once I get to my goal weight, then I can go off my diet. We all know that that's how we gained back all the weight we've lost in the past. Instead I consider myself going through a "lifestyle" change. This is going to have to be the way I eat for the rest of my life, if I don't want to gain back all the weight that I have and hope to lose.

2~I give myself a "free" day. A day to eat whatever I want and how much I want, guilt free. Otherwise, I would feel guilty and say "well, since I cheated and blew it, I may as well go all out, and the blackslide would begin.

I typically weigh-in Saturday Morning and then the rest of Saturday is my free day. Then I have the whole week to lose whatever I may have gained in that one day. Well, it's working for me.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:10 AM   #14  

I missed this thread the first time around as well.

I also do the keep old, now too small clothes around that I want to be able to fit into. Nearly 4 years ago, I had dieted down to a size 14 (needless to say I gained all I lost & A LOT more back ), and I still have a pair of khaki pants, a pair of CUTE shorts, & a great black skirt that are my motivation to make this lifestyle change. Actually, the black skirt is part of the outfit I was wearing the first time I met dh. Oh, how I wish I could still fit into it But, I will! And when that day comes, I am going to CELEBRATE! It will be like an anniversary for me!

So anyway, a pair of pants, shorts & a skirt are my quirky motivation. I am determined to fit into those clothes again, AND for them to some day be too BIG for me!!!
Old 07-30-2002, 07:39 AM   #15  

I like to look at a picture of myself taken at Weight Watchers
about 7 years ago when I received an award for losing 100
pounds. It reminds me, I can do this. While I did not gain
all my weight back I gained alot of it back. I am still down 44
pounds from my old weight of 309.
Anne.
Closed Thread