Old 09-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #1  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default Yogurt points

I need some advice.

is this 'cheating'

weight Watchers yogurt has fiber added which makes it 1 point.

dannong light and fit is now 80 calories no fat but no fiber so it's 2 points

if i take dannon nonfat yogurt at 80 points and add 1 tsp of metamucil fiber which is 20 calories 0 fat and 3 grams of fiber and then do the computation of 100 calories 0 fat and 3 fiber it comes out to 1 point.

I put metamucil in all my cold beverages...

In your opinion, would it be "cheating" to mix the fiber in and count 1 point?
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

According to the Weight Watchers Points guidelines we have to take the food as it is. No adding in fiber. (She said, "Or I'd be adding plenty of fiber to my Ice Cream every night.")

It is a little annoying that the WW Yogurts are 1 point, because we know the fiber has been added in extra... so it actually seems like they're cheating with their own food points.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

yeah that's my point... they do it so they can sell more yogurt and if i could get the good flavors i'd buy it but i can't get the good flavors here...
Old 09-17-2008, 11:10 AM   #4  

The point is, it is cheating if you are trying to be 100% OP. That's why they capped fiber at 4 points. People were adding it to everything, even ice cream, and then complaining because they didn't lose. There is a difference in the type of fiber in Metamucil (and Metamucil can have sugar) and the one used in yogurt. There are soluable and insoluable fibers and they react differently in the body.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

my metamucil is sugar free....

the sad thing is i never would have thought to add it to my yogurt except that's what WW is doing with their yogurt.... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
Old 09-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I am going to be very honest here... Yogurt is a very important food IMO - very good for us. I have a REALLY hard time eating it because I hate using all the points on it.

If I have a 2 point yogurt, I count it as 1 - simply so I will eat it. Yogurt is the only food I do this with. I feel like it is such a tiny yogurt and not worth 2 points... but it's so good for me. BUT I lately I have been buying the 'Source' yogurt the plain one is 30 or 40 calories for 100 grams. And then Lemon Meringue one (my fav) is so good and 10 cals more then the plain.

Anyway, I cheat with yogurt... lol
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #7  
kristi

Height: 5'4

i personally think that the weight watcher yogurt is not very good tasting at all so i dont mind wasting an extra point on something that actually tastes good but i see people buying it all the time so someone must like it??
Kristi82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:50 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

sadly sometimes points are more important than flavor and texture to some.

i realized yesterday i am going to use 2 points for my yogurts and have the stuff i love from now on.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #9  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I agree with Kristi about the taste of the WW yogurts.

I had been eating Stonyfield fat-free yogurt (2 points for vanilla, lemon, and key lime; 3 points for chocolate) since I started WW and one day, my supermarket was out of my flavors. I don't eat fruit yogurt, because the pieces gross me out!

I picked up a few different yogurts to try out, including the WW amaretto cheesecake, because it sounded delicious! And tasted even more like artificial sweetner than most yogurts.

I now *only* buy my Stonyfields, because the extra point or two is worth it to me for organic, tasty, fat-free yogurt that is not only made with fruit pectin, is also made with sugar.
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #10  
cher37

Courtney - I love the Yoplait Sources yogurts too! Did you know that because 1 indiv. container is 35 cal. FF = 1pt, then 2 containers = 70 cal. FF = 1pt !!! More bang for your points!!

+ Here's a treat you can make with the lemon meringue:
spread some l.m. yogurt on as many graham wafer crackers as it'll let you, then top with some SF/FF cool whip, place a 2nd graham wafer cracker on top. Place all 'sandwiches' in a flat container w. lid (or you can wrap indiv. w. tin foil) and freeze until frozen. Yummy!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher37 View Post
Courtney - I love the Yoplait Sources yogurts too! Did you know that because 1 indiv. container is 35 cal. FF = 1pt, then 2 containers = 70 cal. FF = 1pt !!! More bang for your points!!

+ Here's a treat you can make with the lemon meringue:
spread some l.m. yogurt on as many graham wafer crackers as it'll let you, then top with some SF/FF cool whip, place a 2nd graham wafer cracker on top. Place all 'sandwiches' in a flat container w. lid (or you can wrap indiv. w. tin foil) and freeze until frozen. Yummy!
OH! Maybe I should buy the Mini ones! I always buy the big containers, haha. But I hate how they give you the calories in grams - like I am going to weigh my yogurt, messy!

mmmm that treat sounds good! I am going to try it, thanks!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am so glad that I am not the only one who has felt cheated by the WW yogurt. It is so expensive at our grocery store or I would totally eat it because I like the flavors. I buy the FF now at Costco and count the two points.

The graham cracker recipe looks delicious. I am so going to try it! Thanks for sharing it.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote