Old 09-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Chat: Tuesday, 9/16

Wow, what's going on, it's 10:50 and nobody's been here?!

How is everyone?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #2  
LBH

OK, so I just checked and I haven't posted anything significant since i said I was going shopping Saturday! It didn't happen, my mom called to tell me she was at PetSmart and in love. I told her not to do anything til I got there. She wanted to adopt this little King Charles Spaniel dog named Gus. He was cute, as far as small dustmops go. I tried to talk her out of it, but it didn't work, so we were walking around picking up supplies and the dog pulled and caught her off balance and she fell, right on her left hip! Long story short, we gave the dog back, went to the ER and she broke her hip. They did a partial hip replacement last night (had to wait until her Ortho was back in and squeezed her in!) and she's doing well this AM. They'll keep her til Thursday and then move her to rehab for a week or so. Hips are supposed to be a faster rehab than knees, so that everything goes well!

That's about it! (Geez, isn't that enough?!) Peter did well at school yesterday, had a good day and no accidents. Today started out a little "ODD-ish", so hopefully it gets better.

And I'm hanging in, barely. Think I'm headed to the Podiatrist this week, because my left foot is really bothering me lately (plantar faciaiitis).
Old 09-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 288/207/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey, I'm new to the board and wanted to pop in and say hi

I'm a 30-something SAHM of 4. Happily married for 9 years.

I've been overweight since I was 8. (I was underweight before that, so I learned a lot of bad eating habits very early on) My hubby & I are both commited to losing weight together this time- we have a friendly challenge to see who will be the first to get to 250lbs (we both weigh about the same now)

I'm watching calorie intake (not TOTALLY counting calories, but approximating LOL) and trying to make healthier choices. Baby steps, but I can't handle too much change all at once.
juneteenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Greetings Chicksters...

Lauren ~ Holy Cow! So sorry to hear about your mom. I do hope that 2009 is a much better year of her. How much weight has she lost since Gastric Bypass surgery? Fingers crossed that things continue to improve with Mr. Peter.

Welcome juneteenth! This is a great place to be. I am all for taking baby steps. The weight didn't come on overnight and it's definitely not coming off overnight. Good luck to you and hubby!

Another beautiful fall day here. The temperature has been dipping down into the 50's at night and 70 during the daytime. Sweeeettttt.... Have a great day all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Juneteenth! Welcome to our groovy set-up! Have you been inspired by The Biggest Loser?

Lauren, your poor Mom! I'm so sorry about that. That's the last thing she needs. Also maybe give her a cat!

DD's Jr. High school is closed for at least a month (poor air quality due to mold). A nearby Sr. High School is going to change their hours to 8am-1pm, and the Jr. High kids are going to borrow the Sr. High from 1:30-5:45.

So now I have a houseful of giggling 12-year-olds. We invited DD's friends over to have a sewing lesson. They're making fleece flower-shaped pillows. They're doing pretty well, actually!

I'm losing weight better than I did when I was on WW but not exercising. Now, I just eat healthy and exercise (running) and the weight is coming off again. The WW ladies told me I wasn't eating enough before, but it's hard to eat more than the points allowance without feeling guilty.

Last edited by Kofarq; 09-16-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #6  

hey all!...slow day today...i have to say i did come on this morning and no one had posted yet so i moved on and now im back!!

lauren: so sorry about your mom! thats horrible...i hope she is feeling better very soon

june: welcome!!! you'll love it here

joan: please send your weather here...it was super hot for weeks now its freezing!!! have a great day!

kori: congrats on all your weight loss...your ticker looks great!!...have fun with the girls

well...i have been wearing my hear up...i did like it for the first 2 days then dominic and big mario both said they didnt like it....now, im wearing it up...im sad cause i took a chance with my cut (im good with trying all the colors, im very cautious when it comes to cut cause i have long hair (had) and get nervous cutting more than a inch or two)...so i chopped it about 6 inches, its still below my shoulder a little but i cut bangs also...had it colored this beautiful eggplant and carmel colors...i have dark hair...so anyways...they made me feel bad...so im wearing it up tll the bangs grow out!....im over reacting im sure....ok...gotta go help these preggo mommas...have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #7  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon everyone!

Lauren, you're mom has been through so much and that story is unbelievable! Wishing her a fast recovery.

Juneteenth, Welcome! It's always nice to have a buddy to lose weight with. I did really well before when Dh and I were doing it together. Good luck to you guys.

Joan, we did get your fall weather today, thanks for sending it my way!!!

Kori, I think my DD would love it if she didn't have to go to school till 1:30. At least there shouldn't be any oversleeping, huh?

I have to go into work at 6. Its going to be at the hospital, a 15 hr shift. Not looking forward to it.

Talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey Christina, we were posting at the same time, well actually, I was really slow writing. Anyways, I know how you feel, I just got a bunch chopped off and some of the layers are too short for me. Give it a chance you might get used to it!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #9  
LBH

Welcome Juneteenth! How awesome that your DH is supportive and joining you in the effort!

Christina, I'm sure your hair looks great! You can't please everyone. I am always paranoid to do anything drastic to my hair because it grows soo slow. It's pretty long right now, for me. A couple inches below my shoulders, I guess. Although for the last week or so I've been considering cutting it.

Kori, wow, that's a mess w/the school! Congrats on the weight loss progress! My mom would never get a cat! She's been talking about getting a dog since I got married!

Joan, she's down over 100 lbs.!! I don't know exactly how much, but she is about 5'7" and weighs 160 now!! She was in 14's, but just bought a pair of pants at Macy's in 12, and they're roomy. She's not supposed to lose anymore though, now she's got to start eating more to maintain. Talk about psychological confusion!

I haven't heard from school today, so I'll take that as a good sign.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 288/207/175

Thanks all for the warm welcome

Kori- I've actually never seen The Biggest Loser. I don't watch much TV, but one of the guys at DHs work said it totally motivated him to get in shape, so I'm gunna try and remember to watch this season.

Lauren- Sorry to hear about your mom, I do hope that her hip heals quickly with no complications.

Christina- I'm totally afraid of coloring my hair- I'm always afraid it'll look 'strange' cause the colors I like aren't what most people around here have. One of these days I'll just get it done how *I* want. Until then.....LOL So I hear you on getting upset if someone else doesn't like your hair. Maybe they'll like it more in a few days after they get used to it?
juneteenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyon!

Lauren big hug your way. I hear that is a long recovery surgery, is anyone else there helping her other than you?

Christina good to see you, don't worry about what the boys say, I am sure you are beautiful either way. they don't know anything about fashion! LOL.

Joan I wish we started to see some change in weather, NOT! it is still in the 80's here in Souther CA.

Alicia that is a long shift! sorry!

Kori I feel for you with all the kids there, specially since they just had summer break. what are you doing to keep them entertained?

Juneteeth!

Well today I am going to the dentist my tooth is hurting royally. Sean is home from school he is "not feeling well" I think a little bit of it is he got our number! he doesn't look sick at all, when I told him we were going to do some work here at home he said he was dizzy, I don't know if I believe it or not, I do have to be very careful and watch out what he does and how he feels cause we can't just give him any medicine with all meds he is already on. DH was suppose to be off today but he went to work this AM early just to deliver a car, we'll see what happens. I am thankful he is selling thought it has been pretty bad in the car biz.
I am almost done with another sweater, I am finishing the trim and I need to sew it all together. Yeah!!! this is one of those project that keeps getting put away, I am so glad it is almost done! and it turned out gorgeous!

See you all later

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

grrr... I am trying to change the picture on the avatar and it shows a check mark on the box where it says custom avatar, it has the file name and all but it will not do the change?????

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote