Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:18 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Default Flex Talk #14

Here's a place where we can discuss Flex and WW, as well as issues of our everyday lives. New Flexers are always welcome, so please join in, to give and get support and encouragement on your weight loss journey.

Flexers that attend meetings, At-Home Flexers, and anyone just curious about Flex are all welcome here.

Here's #13 if anyone needs it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147929
Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Mooooorning Flexers!

Courtnie - I'm glad all your tests came back normal! That's a really good thing, even if it means you don't have a reason why the weight loss is slower. What a lucky find about those oils. I love it when something I use is on super sale! And I hope all works out with the new used car

Vday - I'm so happy to see you checking in!!! It sounds like you've been through a lot these past couple of months. But just like your tag-line says "Keep on truckin'".

---

Got to the gym again before going to my WW meeting. Just as I knew, I'm up a little this week. But... c'est la vie. We move along. I think my exercising will improve next week's weigh-in.

I've figured something out about the way I work. I may have the occassional resolve to lose weight, but I often need to re-remember. If that makes sense... For example, I've been teetering on the edge of complacency lately. This morning in the car on the way to work I was just thinking about chocolate. And was sad about it for some reason. But, as my mind wandered I remembered "You're doing this, because you've changed your life. There's no going back to the old ways." It was oddly comforting.

There's been self-doubt smoldering in my gut the past few days. I think it's due to the weekend and how poor my choices were. And I don't like it. It's the sort of self-doubt that could easily flair up and lead to defeat. After all I've been through, you'd think that wouldn't cross my mind. The power food holds over us...

I've decided I need a goal with a deadline I can work towards. Wait now, before warning flags are raised I don't use the deadline as anything set in stone. I use it as a reminder "Hey now Faerie, do you really want this? Remember you want to be XXX by XX." I'm only about 30 pounds away from Onederland. So, my goal of a deadline is Onederland by the New Year. Already I feel better. Like now that I have a path to follow, I know I can keep going.

Hope you all are wonderful today!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

do you think working out before weighing in contributes to your gain? I would think so...

had my first weigh in last night... after one week of eating beachy foods in the right amounts i'm down 4.8 pounds. some of this is water as I had sushi for lunch last week.... no more sushi wednesdays for me....
Old 09-04-2008, 08:00 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Nessa - Oh, yes, I definitely think that working out right before contributed to the gain in a small way. But, well, I know the amount of food I ate over this weekend was crazy. It's not the weight gain that had me feeling down. I've dealt with plenty of gain weeks. It was knowing how I ate this past weekend.

Congrats on the 4.8 Down!!! I know that the night before weigh-ins I always think about my salt. No soup on Tuesdays!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back Vday!! You know, IMHO, walking that just happens is better than parcelling out time for exercise. That's the way it SHOULD be, after all! None of this gyms and whatnot -- you lose because you move, and you move because you have to get somewhere! Anyway, glad to see you're back on these boards. You're not the only one who's been away for a while.

Courtnie -- yay for a convertible! I have one (VW Cabrio) and can't imagine going back to a regular car. Good luck with that purchase!

Faerie -- that is so wonderful about the dress fitting! As for the lack of gym, yikes, that's scary, but i'm sure you'll find ways to fit in the exercise. As for the deadline, if that's what you need, go for it! I'll likely be on that boat with you soon. I definitely need SOMETHING!

Nessa -- not sure what you mean about the web domain being based in SBD, but it certainly sounds like you've had some great success with that way of life. I think you'll find that that WOE melds quite well with WW. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you! OK, just read your newest post -- WHOA what a loss in a week, especially as you're not new to healthy eating!! That's awesome!

Well, I'm entering day 2 of non-smokery. YAY!! Haven't eaten too well, but...well...ugh. I just don't wanna worry about it! My allergies are kicking my butt, and all i really want to do is gorge and lay on the couch. But, I have to pack up and move and all that...so much to do! Strange turn of luck just happened -- our apt is animal friendly, and so I've been posting it on CL as such. But we just heard from our downstairs neighbors that the landlord doesn't want pets this time around, unless it's really not renting. Well, I was supposed to show the place tonight to a woman with a dog. And I really wasn't feeling ready to show it! So, in a way, I'm kind of glad this happened...

OK, time for breakfast and coffee...

S
Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

shrinkinglizzy, thanks for the kudos. good luck with quitting smoking i quit cold turkey 13.5 years ago with no patch or pills. DH quit earlier this year using chantix.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #7  

Yup, I'm going cold turkey. This will be the 1000th time trying to quit, too. I always seem to get sucked back in...
Hoping this time will be different. Thanks for the encouragement!
S
Old 09-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #8  
Starting Fresh

Faerie - Good luck with your goal! You can do it!

Nessa - congrats on your loss!

shrinkinglizzy - yay for day two! Good luck! I think it is easier to focus on one thing at a time, so work towards quitting!

So the car... I want it but my boyfriend thinks we should just sell one car and keep one of the ones we already have. Then we would have extra money... not much. He thinks the car isn't very practical but I don't see how it is any different in size then his car... The problem is, I am going to get more for my car then he will for his but I think I will still be shy a bit for the new car and need some of money he gets! LOL It's only a car but it would be so fun. He really likes the car but doesn't think we should be buying it when we have two good cars already... he is probably right

I am kinda pissed this morning. I came to work to find out it is picture day. Normally that would be so bad. But this morning I did my hair in a way I don't normally do it... and hate it and I am wearing a purple hoodie and jeans! The rest of the office is dressed up all fancy. THE REAL KICKER I am the one that needs the pictures for a project and asked a co-worker to take some for me whenever he got a chance.... so now the whole office knew it was happening today... but me, the one who needs them :/ ARGH The pictures are only being used on an internal site but still. The whole office is dressed up nice and has their hair done. And then there is me with a mess of a hair and a purple hoodie. I shouldn't be so mad over stuff like this but I am! I mean is this normal? It is stuff like this that makes me think my birth control or something is wrong with me.....
Old 09-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

Courtnie,

I'd be pissed too about picture day and not knowing. how did everyone else know and you did not?

and what kind of car?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Lizzy - Here's to day 2 of no-smokey

Courtnie - I'd be upset, too, if I showed up for picture day & didn't know it was picture day. And yeah, how is it that everyone else knew? That doesn't seem right.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Nessa -

It is really stupid. We have a downstairs and a upstairs to our office. Upstairs is sales and finance and downstairs is programmers and support. I am an more of a programmer - I make and update our website. For the last three years I have been downstairs with the rest of my team. The rest of my team quite so they moved me upstairs. Better in the sense it is mostly women upstairs (I was the only female down) - but worse in the sense I don't fit in. They have a meeting on Wednesday that I don't attend and I guess it was mentioned there.

As it turns out, I guess they are only taking the sales department photos today for something different. I just figure since I requested him to take pictures of the whole company he was doing that. But I asked him and he said he is just doing sales... but maybe he will do everyones! argh, at least I think I can avoid it!

As for the car, it is a 1999 Ford Mustang Convertible. So it is two door. It's really not that small. Our primary car is a two door chevy cavalier... I don't see the difference! lol

TOM is coming... so that could explain my *****iness today! haha
Old 09-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Courtnie - That seems like the sort of thing a quick e-mail could've been sent about. Either way! At least it isn't your picture day.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

Morning Everyone!

It seems to be a bit more of a struggle to stay within my points lately. But, I've done well 3 days in a row. Water: Check. Stay within points: Check. Exercise: Check! I must be buttah, cuz I'm on a roll!

I just can't find my spandex shorts that I use under my exercise pants... grr... Where can they be? If I don't find them soon, I may have to go and get more. After all, they keep the chaffing down Hrm... did someone say I should splurge & get new exercise pants, too?

I'm just now trying the Smoothies that WW has had since forever. I have to admit that I like them a lot. I was intrigued by the way that one member said she made hers:

Using a blender:
1 smoothie package (1 point)
1 cup of skim milk (2 points)
6 ice cubes (or as many as desired)
1 tsp olive oil (1 point)

= 4 Points for a milkshake-like drink. Also! It fills your daily Dairy requirement, and One of the oil requirements! Bonus!

Now... I thought the woman was crazy suggesting putting a tsp of oil into this concoction, but it turned out a little ... richer... than just the milk or water does. She was on Core, used the vanilla packages & added fruit to it as well. She got a HUGE smoothie drink for hot summer nights... and it was all Core! It'd be more points for us with the fruit, obviously. But it's not a bad idea if you're craving a milkshake.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #14  

Good morning!!
OK, now entering Day 3 no smoking. And still so much to do -- packing is taking me a ridiculously long time. And, I took on an extra volunteer shift, followed by babysitting my adorable niece. I really want to be moved by Sunday, especially since I'm showing our apt on Sun morning. God, I want a cigarette!

Binged like crazy yesterday. Clearly, I have a million excuses for this, and I plan to use them all -- moving, quitting smoking, stress from being unemployed...but you know what happened when I binged? NOTHING! None of this got solved (shocking, right??). So, whatever. Once I'm in the new place i feel that things will get better, especially since I'll be living with a fellow WWer. Just need to breathe....

Courtnie -- so, one of my best girlfriends from college got herself a mustang, prob a 99, also. She has never really cared about cars, but fell in love with the mustang and so figured out how to finance it and got herself one. She loved it for a while, but now finds that it's a bit impractical in the snowy weather, and is thinking of selling. I notice you live in Canada, a place that gets its fair share of snow, I believe. I just thought you might want to know!

Faerie -- that shake sounds good! I can't wait to get to the new place, where my roomie has a blender (we have been without a blender for the year!). And yay for you with your three good days!!

OK. I'm going to shut off the computer so I stop getting distracted. Here I go!

S
Old 09-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

MORNING

Faerie buy the new pants. I'm going to Lane Bryant sunday i have to use my real woman dollars.

I did not get all my points last night... ate a big dinner and drank my fiber rich drink (metamucil in crystal light) and was full. missed 3 points. amazing.

today i'm sure i'll make up for it. it's Sushi Lunch today! a splurge for me but i watch the points at breakfast and dinner and seem to be ok.

in fact, today my breakfast was so NOT beachy but still very good:

i tend to eat a bit at a time so at home

1 ww english muffin lightly toasted 1 point
1/4 cup non fat cottage cheese .5
1 table spoon NSA apple butter (home made by amish hands) 0 points
6 oz V8 juice

then coffee in the car

and my AM snack will be a weight watchers fruited yogurt 1 point

so not what i am used to but it was GOOD and I enjoyed it.
Closed Thread