Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #205 Bale of Turtles Celebrating Success!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the tutle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #2  

Thanks Judy I almost missed the new thread.

I am really trying not to give up on losing weight. I know i only have failed if i stop trying. I am back up to 239. I am really ashamed of what i have allowed myself to become. I am not sure how to make the changes that i know i need to make.

I wanted to thank all of you ladies for you support and encouragement.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Subbing in... l'm a turtle for sure... i have my sprinty moments but mostly i just plod along....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Well, tonight I am going to my first TOPS meeting - so will let you know how that turns out. Apparently, your 1st meeting is free & if you w/i they apply the $2.00 towards your yearly membership fee of $30. So that is a big difference compared to my ww weekly fee of $17.

So I am hoping I like this & welcome a change. WW has been great, but I feel I need something different to try.

Hope everyone is keeping OP and losing!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Cherry, no one here is a failure. I know you haven't accomplished what you wished, but gosh--this is a new day and a new opportunity. I say forget about the pressures of long term goals and just hang in there and treat yourself right by staying OP today. And then when tomorrow comes,you can tackle that too.

Princess, wow--what a difference in fees. I wish you all the best at TOPS. It happens to be one of the only organizations/diet plans I haven't tried, so let us know how it goes. It's great to shake things up and I know that will lead to a weight loss. :

Nessa, keep on keepin' on! Your advice and new outlook to us is priceless.

I went to my mtg. today and stayed the same. I have an ongoing problem here wherein I plan and buy food for meals, my dd brings our grandson here around dinner time but they don't want what I plan for dinner. Then they order in Chinese or Italian take out and I give in and eat it too. Needless to say, although I can select a salad, ugh, I don't and I'm not losing any weight.
I thought once the summer was over, this wouldn't be a concern, but evidently it still is the situation. I hate to complain, but I've got to be firmer in what I'm doing for dinner. Any suggestions?a I figure I'll make my dinner and then ignore whatever goodies they bring into the house. Oh, by the way, I'm heading down south for a family visit. I'll be driving by myself since dh needs to stay here and work. Please take care of the threads for us, and I'll chime in when I'm back. Wish me well because there are going to be plenty of eating challenges both on the road and when I arrive down in Asheville. Best of luck to all of you!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2 View Post
Hi turtles:

Well, tonight I am going to my first TOPS meeting - so will let you know how that turns out. Apparently, your 1st meeting is free & if you w/i they apply the $2.00 towards your yearly membership fee of $30. So that is a big difference compared to my ww weekly fee of $17.

So I am hoping I like this & welcome a change. WW has been great, but I feel I need something different to try.

Hope everyone is keeping OP and losing!
Bandit good luck with this... I know TOPS is a great program and as long as you have your plan you should be good to go.

my $40.00 per month for WW and another $90 for my gym are my splurges.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone... I am sorry that I have not been around much lately, been very busy with the new dog and everything that goes with that. I am way up right now, more mindless eating... ugh!

Judy: Glad your results came back that nothing is majorly wrong, scary stuff!

All: I hope that everyone is doing ok and I will stop back by more often... have a great day all!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #8  

Hi everyone

My 1st meeting at TOPS was interesting - very friendly people & I think I will like it. Was abit confusing since they were starting back up after having no meetings over the summer, but that should all be settled now.

Since my meetings are Wed, I am going to have that for my w/i day - so will keep you posted how I do.

Hoping this change will get me back on track & start dropping these extra pounds.

Hope you all have a great OP week!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #9  

Morning all and happy Monday! Well I did not go to W/I this weekend... again! I have just plain been off track and stressed. As many of you know my job has been shaky at best for a long time and now it seems we are coming to an end. This is a fact and something that I have used as an excuse to eat many many things that I should not and I am very embarrassed by it. Money is going to be a concern, a very big concern very very soon. I am also looking into TOPS because I don't want to stop but can no longer afford the price of WW. I have canceled my YMCA membership and am looking into other ways to get our monthly bills down before the ax falls for good here at work. DH does not go at all lately and is not following the plan so continuing to pay for his is senseless. I have requested info from TOPS so will see what happens. It looks like it is a yearly fee of 26.00 here in the states but I am not sure if there is a weekly fee or not, maybe Bandit can help me out on that one.

The weekend was quiet but busy, we are fencing in the yard next weekend with the helps of DS's and some of their friends to cut down on the costs so that weekend will be busy also.

I just plain need to snap out of this funk that I have been in lately because the pounds are piling back on... I don't even want to post updated stats at this point.

I will get back on again later on... have a happy day all!

Bandit: Can you tell me anything about TOPS that is not on their website? Like how many calories a day? Is there a weekly fee? Anything else you can think of.

Thanks!
Princess
Old 09-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #10  

Hi Princess - I have only been to one TOPS meeting & from what I know is
$30 yearly fee & $2.00/week for your weigh in & meeting & you pay for missed meetings. Tops recommends following the Food Guide/Pyramid & seems members following various plans like ww, calorie counters, south beach etc.

What I am going to do is still basically follow ww flex and go to TOPS for support, tips etc. This week will be my 2nd week, then I will have a better idea what else they do. Last week was basically their first meeting after summer and was abit confusing.

Big difference in the fees & for $2/week I can handle that much better.

Will keep you posted.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #11  

Morning all and happy Wednesday! How is everyone doing today? This week has gone pretty well but I could be getting much more exercise in if I tried... lol, "tried" being the key word here.

What is going on with everyone?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #12  

Hi Princess

Just cruising along up here - nice & sunny today. Have my 2nd TOPS mtg
tonight & hoping for a loss of some kind.

Anything new at WW?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #13  

Morning, turtles:

Hope you are all doing well & staying OP - been kind of quiet on our board lately.

Anyway, had my w/i last night & was down 3.25# - so I was very happy about that.

Have my dinner with my gf tonight & we are having pasta with sausage & homemade sauce & of course, some wine.

Have a good one!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

Bandit Congrats on 3.25! i lost a piddly .4 this week.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #15  

Hey Ladybug - a loss is a loss - all counts. At least you going in the right direction. Hang in there!