View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #18
Senior Member
walking2lose's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,488

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"


Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Hi Claire,

Yes, I do have my hormones tested each year. Most gynecologists will do some blood hormone tests if they think you might be having problems or starting peri-menopause. However, it can be difficult to find a doctor that will do tests for all hormones. I take bio-identical hormones that are compounded for me. The best way to find a doctor that will do the testing and help you find your balance is to find a pharmacy that does compounding. These aren't typically your chain pharmacies. These will be locally run pharmacies. They can recommend doctor's in your area who are very knowledgeable about hormone balancing. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to PM me.
Thank you!! At 40, I should probably do that!

Eat clean -- I've been primal/paleo since May 2010 Click here for more on how I feel.
Move everyday-- options - walking, biking, dvds - Jillian Michael's, pilates, or yoga
Get plenty of sleep - everything else will be easier when I do this![/COLOR]
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote