Old 09-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default 30 Something Chat... Friday Sept 12th

10:13 and I'm the first one here?? Good night ladies?? LOL

Good morning all! Have to take mom to the doctors today and pay bills. What a way to spend your day off huh? LOL

I'll check in later! Tata!!

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #2  

good morning and happy friday!

where is everyone??? i hope most got to sleep in as that is where i wish i was!

valerie: hope you try to get something fun in your day...have a good one

joan: the boys are doing alright...thanks for asking!...i am trying to get food in during the day...its funny cause i always have food and plenty of it so i have a choice...its remembering to eat that is the prob!..i am however getting better...hope you caught up on your rest yesterday!...have a great day

hanna: HI!!! how is sean?...my hair appointment went really well yesterday...the review went good also...hope you have a wonderful day today

lauren/redginger/toni/alicia/karen/gg/and everyone else i am missing....have a wonderful friday!!!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #3  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Morning (or afternoon in some parts of the world) It's not even 7am here!

Had a bit of a grumpy morning today, DH was up when I got up at 5 (guess he couldn't sleep). When we get to sleep in I love seeing him in the morning, but when I have get up early and he is up too, it feels like he is intruding on the only "me-time" I get during the day, especially since he isn't in the best mood when he is up that early. I am really trying not to dwell on it and have a better attitude today. Boy am I glad it is FRIDAY!

Plus we are getting our Permanent Fund Dividends today, along with our Fuel incentive (I don't really know what it is called?) That makes a total of $3200 for every Alaskan today! (our family is getting $13,000 ) There are all sorts of crazy sales going on, plasma TV's for $750 OFF the original price, etc. We are going to buy a wood stove and build an arctic entry way for our house. I wonder how many Alaskans will actually use it to off-set the cost of heating and how many will use it for stuff like TV's?

Christina, glad you had a nice hair appt. What did you have done?

Valerie, hope the dr. appt goes well.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Things are not going real well here with Peter & kindy. Kind of stressed. Hope everyone's having a good week!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Holy Crap, Mamatoni!! That's a lot of parkas!!!

This morning, when DD's alarm went off, we heard on the radio that her school is closed today because one of the classrooms had a really bad smell. Seriously. Who thinks this stuff up?? So we went back to sleep. Mmmmmm.

I took DD to the dentist yesterday, and found out at the last minute that Husband hadn't gotten all the insurance paperwork done, and DD and I still aren't on his insurance. Well, I thought I was going to have to pay cash and get reimbursed, but as I found out, every kid in Newfoundland is entitled to free dental till age 13. Similar in Alberta, but good to know. I still need the insurance thing, for prescriptions, and my own dental.

Valerie, I'm glad your Mom has you to take her to the doctor. You're a good daughter.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #6  

Hi all... it's an eye doctor appointment. Nothing exciting but thanks for the well wishes.

Mamatoni... OMG!! That's almost worth moving to AK for!!! I hate hate hate the cold weather and wouldn't be able to do it. I can speak for myself and DH that we would definitely put that $$ towards heating and comfort rather than TV's (well, maybe a small one... tee hee)... You ENJOY!!!!

Lauren... hope things get better. Keep your chin up girl!!

Christina... I was wondering where everyone was too! I thought maybe they all got lucky last night and were too exhausted to type!! ROFL!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Hi Valerie ~ Are you always off on Fridays? 3 day weekends sound sweet. Hope that everything is ok with your mom?

Christina ~ I'm so glad that all is going well still with Dominic! He has completely turned his life around and you must feel so proud.

Toni ~ $3200 per person??? Holy Smokes! How can you be in a grumpy mood knowing that the check is in the mail;-). Good for you for actually using it on the right stuff. You won't regret it this winter.

Lauren ~ I'm sorry. Do you think that maybe Peter just isn't ready for Kindergarten? Several educators told us that it's smart to hold the boys back. We did that with Liam and I've never regretted it.

Kori ~ free dental for kids ~ that's fantastic!! Let us know the story behind the "bad smell" when you find out. Hope that it's not a dead body!!!!

I'm waiting for my little one to get home from Kindergarten and then we're off to meet my two nieces for lunch. I love my nieces! They're such wonderful girls and it's such fun to hear about their adventures. Happy Friday all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Okay, the bad smell? I guess they found mould in the walls while they were renovating, and they tested for air quality. And failed! Hopefully they can clean it all up. I didn't mention that there is another school, DD's old elementary, that is going to be closed for at least 3 weeks for the same thing.
On another subject: Last week I asked DD to choose something to cook for supper out of a rookie cook book I have. She had previously helped in the kitchen a bit and enjoyed helping, so I have decided she can start to 'really cook' now. She chose bagel pizzas, and did a really good job, following instructions and everything. (I have a fear she may turn out like my pretty, popular, party-girl sister who doesn't know how to cook.)
This morning, DD asked if she could try making bacon, and with me in the background, she made great bacon, and scrambled a few eggs. I'm so proud!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

bindu!

Christina Sean is doing really good, he has been a great student this 2 first weeks of school, I think we got the meds under control. He had a great summer and the leaders at camp said it was a pleasure having him, you have no idea how great it felt to hear that, very seldom we hear that. I am so excited for him!

Lauren I am sorry about little Peter, I was watching the Today show yesterday and there was a clip on how kids are treated and taught in our school systems it is amazing the % of difference between the girls and boys suspensions from schools, go on line and see if you can find the clip, there was a mom on the show talking about a new way of setting up the class rooms w/out desks and more open for the children, and how amazing it is how they learn. She was also saying how it is crazy that we find it necessary to have all this organized activities for our kids even when they are infant and toddlers like mommy and me classes, gymboree, play groups, on and on.... and it is really not necessary at all, literally she said we should be taking our kids to places we go to like the grocery stores and walmart and so on and put away the flash card to read, let the kids learn as they see things, lables, signs, etc....

Kori that is awesome that your dd is learning to cook, how old is she? how nice to have free dental care for kids, that is so great!!!

Joan have fun with the girls!

Toni that is great to get that money, sounds like you are very organized and plan ahead, you sure are putting the $ to work for you!

Valerie it is awesome to be able to take care of your mom, I wish I had a kind of mom I could have a relationship with, any kind of normal interaction, but like may of you may remember my mom is not a nice person, I say she doesn't even drive a car cause she flies a broom! she is that bad! I do take care of Michael's parents as much as I can, I cook for them so they don't have to worry about it, and little things like that.

Well today is not a very happy day here, Sean is woke up sick and w/hight fever so he stayed home, I couldn't get out of bed I was feeling miserable myself horrible headache aches and pains all over, we are both on the couch just relaxing, I am with the dudes jumping all over me. Dh stayed home yesterday he was feeling the same way, today he was fine, so I have no clue what this is, but it feels nasty. I am just going to chill today!

Have a good day all!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #10  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Lauren, to you and Peter, I just read your post in the kids thread, hope that things get better soon!

Kori, great job cooking with your DD! My mom had us do that and consequently both my brother and I LOVE to cook.

Hanna, hope your family is feeling better....hugs!....

Last edited by mamatoni; 09-12-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: read kids thread....changed comment
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys! Another fly-by here today. I'm all ready for the party, such as it is. It's just family, but this girl is HARD to please. She only eats three things, two of which we are having for dinner. I went to the store this AM and forgot one of the two things. ARRRRGGGGGHHHH! I had to go back after I took Alex to school. I also had to take Cass back to the doctor this AM to make sure her UTI was clear. Anyhow, all that to say, I'm running behind today! LOL.

Oh, and before I go, I need to share this. This obviously mentally disturbed lady at Target asked me if the kids were my grandchildren. I was stunned. No one has ever asked me that before. I have to admit, my feelings were a bit hurt. I just said "No, they're mine." and kept going.

Ciao ladies! Have an awesome Friday!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #12  

Karen... OMG! I woulda kicked the lady in the kneecap!! I guess it's right up there with asking me when I'm due and I'm not pregnant! I feel for you babe! You know, some days, I do look older than I am (39) and it's usually when I'm out running errands... I put my hair up in a loose bun, no make up, ratty jeans and a T-shirt... I look old. Then today, I had cute capri's on and a cut baby doll top and sandals and felt like I looked great! I purposely didn't look in the mirror in case I actually looked like a cow wearing capri's... if I did... I didn't want to know!! ROFL!!!!

Hanna... yes, I remember you saying that about your mom. I am so lucky to have my mom. She is a wonderful person with a great heart. She is the one person I have been able to count on in my life no matter what. My dad is another story. He lives about 10 minutes away and I haven't spoken to him since the week before Thanksgiving 2002. He is toxic, cheated on my mother and was emotionally and mentally abusive to us our whole lives. In May 2002, my mother left him. She just got her own apartment and left!!! After 47 years of his tormenting ways!! 47 years!!! I don't know how she stayed for that long but she did. Now she has since bought a condo... lives alone, is 72 and still works part time and is loving her life.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Afternoon all, today was a day off for me. I got up early, which sucked since i was an insomiac last night. I drove this am up to Chattanooga (about 1.5 hrs away), to look at a supposively large motorcycle shop for gear. The shop said they had lots to look at. What a big disappointment....they had hardly anything. Oh well...i ended up coming back and looking at other shops in town. I had a very pleasant experience this afternoon. I went to the BMW motorcycle shop to look at some jackets that my hubby told me about. The sales person was helping me and who ends up walking up and talking to the sales persson....Alton Brown. I'm a HUGEEEE fan of alton brown..i have a geek crush on him. (he's the host/chief of good eats). I knew he lived in marietta (next to kennesaw) but it was weird actually meeting him. He was very nice and chatted for a bit. It was a cool experience...and i found a helmet and jacket i want to buy. Anyways...other than that..planning a walk with the mutt tonight.

Hope everyone is well...

mama-i guess suffering thr the cold is worth it when you get money like that LMAO
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #14  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi All,
Glad to hear some of you are/were up so some fun stuff today.
I am doing some cleaning around the apartment and then will be playing Ultimate Frisbee with DH and some of his coworkers. I have zero hand-eye coordination and I suspect I won't be getting the vote for MVP tonight, but oh well, it's all for fun anyway.

Have a great weekend if I don't stop by on Saturday or Sunday (DH hogs the computer on weekends LOL)
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

newshinyme!

Gg how wonferful to meet Alton Brown, when he started his show I didn't really like him, I thought he was too weird, but I kept watching him anyway, and he grew on me. I love him! LOL.

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote