Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 08:04 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Let's hope Thursday's thread isn't full of woe...

I thought I already did this, but it seems to have disappeared into cyperspace. Wonder where it ended up... Anyway, just getting things started here this morning.

It looks like I'm going to be a week behind on the running challenge with Kirsty. My ankle is still really bothering me (from where I fell down the stairs Tuesday -- doh!) and since I need to be on my feet all day to deal with Aaron, I'm going to just bump it back a week.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 07-25-2002, 08:32 AM   #2  
GO CANES!

SO super busy today....will fill you all in later.......everyone stay positive today!!!!
Old 07-25-2002, 08:34 AM   #3  
Water Freak

Hi Jayne (and everyone who is posting or going to!). I hope your ankle is feeling better soon. Anyway, I may actually have to drop a week in the running challenge as I'm going camping week after next and not sure if there will be suitable terrain to run on. So we can all three be behind a week together As long as we finish it, right?

I took the dog for a big long walk last night. And I had planned on doing my running this morning, but the alarm did not go off. ERG! So I guess I will be doing that this evening. I know if I exercise in the morning, I'm more likely to do it than in the evening, but lately I am having way too much trouble getting up. I suppose I should try getting to bed earlier Ah well. As long as I do it. And, I AM going to do my strength training tonight, so I want everyone to feel free to remind me to do it so I don't slack off (because I am terrible about doing that---hate those lunges).

Ok, I'm off. Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Cat
Old 07-25-2002, 09:04 AM   #4  
GO CANES!

I am hating my job today. good thing i wont be here all day, otherwise i think i would be posting all day
Old 07-25-2002, 09:30 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey, remember me?? I'm one of the old ones here. Been lurking for what seems like forever. Going through a difficult time and just trying to make peace with myself.

Thought I would say HI....
Old 07-25-2002, 09:34 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jayne - I'm sorry you hurt yourself! That bites. Definately take a rest off of it, so you don't injur it more.

Pj -Sorry the jobs no good today. That seems to happen to me a lot.

Cat - I do it in the afternoon too. SOmetimes I just want to go home and relax... but I can't get up that early to do it in the morning. Remember: ST tonight!! Thanks for your advice yesterday.. I was shocked people were still posting.

Getting so hungry. I'm craving fatty foods... I want Mexican or something. My salad I brought for lunch isn't sounding too appetizing. UGH. I've also been craving sunny side up eggs, bacon and hash browns lately. I'm not sure why - but it's just been particularly rough lately. There are times when I eat so healthy that I can't even think of fattening foods... and then I'll start craving them big time. UGH UGH UGH. I think maybe I'll have a big breakfast this weekend at a NYC diner and get it out of my system? Or is that just a cop out?

Lisa
Old 07-25-2002, 09:35 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jen - hey sweetie. I'm sorry you're going through a hard time. I hope things start looking up. Great to hear from you though.

Lisa
Old 07-25-2002, 09:39 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Jen Hope all is well or at least getting better we are all here for you! we miss you
I was MIA yesterday b/c i was superdiduper sicky stayed in bed till 1 pm cancelled all my apts
watched the wedding stories saw a really cool nigerian wedding passed out from 4-6 made dinner then went to bed at 11 ahhhh sleep
at the Mo i'm listening to Lenny Kravitz's sexy arse while i'm in work and not planning to be OP today its my friends bday so I'm just going to not go crazy but i know me and i can be ok but no OP perfection today but i amm going to the gym tonight so I will walk off the chocolate cake and lunch at bennigans i decided i can have 1 decadent treat lets hope my resolve holds!
Jayne Hows your ankle hon? I'm gonna be at least a few days behind on the challenge and i'm just hoping the treadmills are free tonight
they weren't the other night grrrr
CAt the minute button on my alarm clock doesnt work adn its 20 min fast so technology is no friend of mine either!
morning PJ
ooh did any1 see the new sex in the city
can i just say HELLLOOOO SAILOR!
I cant wait to see austin powers lol speaking of shagadelicness
everyone come out and play I have to catch up on yesterdays thread!
Old 07-25-2002, 09:40 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

hello cat, jayne, pj and the rest of you girls,
it's almost the weekend - hooray! i just went to the post office and picked up some euros for my trip to amsterdam. very exciting!
belle - i stayed in the flying pig hostel a few years ago! spooky. my friends and i got lucky and had a small dorm - only 4 beds and en suite. so no dodgy strangers. it was alright but i'd much rather stay in a posh hotel!
i've had friends that started WW and stopped going before they got to goal as well. without fail every single one of them put the weight back on (and more in some cases!). one friend rejoined and is almost at goal now. i think she didn't have the right motivation the first time round. this time though, she's going to get there. i know it's hard without a buddy, but maybe you can make a buddy there?
jen - i hope you're feeling better about TB today. big hug.
and if you don't feel better tomorrow go out and have a good time and you soon will.
tonya - belated birthday greetings!!
KT - i was looking at your stats- you've done so well!
jess - no idea what i'm going to do in amsterdam. catch up with BF. i'd like to visit anne frank's house because i didn't have time on my last visit, and BF wants to go to van gogh museum. apart from that lots of drinking and eating i expect. a friend from australia (who is working in the UK at the moment) is going to be in amsterdam this weekend as well so we are going to try and meet up. hope our cellphones work!!
oh there are so many folk i want to respond to and i have to go do some work. hi to everyone i missed and hopefully i'll get back on later,
kirsty
ps jayne - have you been to the doc about your ankle? hope it gets better soon.

Last edited by Kirsty; 07-25-2002 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:42 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

gosh, lots of posts while i was posting!
hi lisa and kierie, and especially jenl! we miss you lots. hope you're ok.
lisa - sometimes you have to eat what you're craving. otherwise you eat everything else you can think of and then you eat what you were craving as well! a little of what you fancy does you good.
kierie - hope you feel better today.
kirsty
Old 07-25-2002, 09:47 AM   #11  
Duchess Tiger Lily

I may need some help from someone who knows what they're doing with computers. I've been trying to post a picture of Aaron on the photo thread and I can see the picture, but when I go back to it, it just shows a path to my desktop. I suspect it's because hubby switched our whole computer to Linux (grrr!) and it just isn't meshing with stuff here. Suggestions, anyone?

Cat, you WILL do your strength training tonight, young lady (or else!) We can have a slacker's running challenge, maybe... hehe

Morning PJ...hope you like your job better by the end of the day!

Hi Jen. Would it help you work through some things to do some posting? I'm sorry things are rough for you. I am originally from Wisconsin, too...nice to see a fellow cheesehead around here!

And Miss Lisa, I think that if you have a big NY diner breakfast it will cure you of wanting it anymore. I remember when I lived out there that every time I let myself have one of those, I got sick-feeling afterward and I couldn't do it again for at least a few months. Do you think that some of your cravings could be TOM related? Would something like the fat-free chips (WOWs) trick your body into thinking it's getting what it craves, and yet keep you on track? Just a thought...When I have a bad Mexican craving, I get the WOW either Tostitos or Doritos,low-fat cheese, and that Louis Rich grilled chicken breast trip package, and I make chicken nachos. Dab a little FF sour cream on top, and you feel like it's such a treat! Hope this helps...
Old 07-25-2002, 09:51 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies! Its almost Friday, Thank Goodness!!!

Well, not much going on with me. I went out with my bf last night, drank way too much, but luckily I am feeling pretty good this morning, but wait til this afternoon, that is when I will be dragging!!

The upside is we went to our favorite pizza place last night, and I only had a few chips for dinner, that was it. The downside is I probably had 15 points in just drinks last night!!!! Oh well, starting over today!

Jen ~ We are here for you girl! We have really missed you!!

I will post properly later, my head feels a little sloshy yet this morning....BBL!!
Old 07-25-2002, 09:51 AM   #13  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning, Kier...I saw sex and the city, and it was awesome...I was shocked to discover that I am Miranda now...

Morning, Kirsty...I don't think I'm going to go in to the Dr. for the ankle...I sprained it in HS playing basketball, and ever since it's weak and turns easily, so we go through this every few months. I have an air cast for it if it gets bad enough, but so far rest seems to be doing the trick.
Old 07-25-2002, 10:16 AM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Well... since everyone asked... I am doing OK, just not great. Am having terrible luck with getting PG again. Gained back about 8 pounds, but am on track and have been maintaining the last couple of weeks. Yah me!! I think I am more frustrated than anything.

Little Emma is doing GREAT! She is 22 months now and such a big girl. I am updating our website and will post the link to it soon. Actually I am starting from scratch with a new free site because I lost access to my old one and can't update it anymore. Pain in the butttt!!!

I will try to resurrect the recipe threads that I so diligently tried to keep going.... I decided that I have WAYYYYYYY TOOOO MANNNNY recipes. I have piles and piles that I have gleaned off of websites and emails. YIKES.
Old 07-25-2002, 10:55 AM   #15  

Hi everyone-I have time for a quick post-I made it to the gym again last night for another aerobics/body sculpting class-yikes! It was killer! We used a resist-a-ball to do abs and i fell off! It was hysterical-my ball went rolling across the floor...I was so embarassed but i am so klutzy that I am used to doing things like that-I felt like one of the non popular girls in those teeny bopped movies about high school-where the girls are in gym class and all of the popular ones are dressed in matching gym outfits and are in terrific shape, and then there are these klutzy overweight girls in cutoff sweats being clumsy(i work out at Bally's among the beautiful people-not good for the self esteem but definitely good motivation!

DH thought the story was hysterical-but he is used to me..on our second date we went to Walmart and i was pushing tha cart and standing on the back of it and i flipped the entire thing over and landed on my *ss in the middle of Walmart-I wanted to die I was so mortified-he still teases me about it

Hi everyone!
Jen-L-welcome back-we missed you!
Lisa-When I have cravings like that I try to give in a little bit-like you can cook yourself two eggs over easy with lite toast and some turkey bacon and maybe get around the craving...
Tonya-way to avoid the pizza-just think-it could have been pizza AND drinks-I alos choose the drinks over food-hmmm..what does that say about me?
Kirsty-have fun in Amsterdam-I loved it-we went to the Van Gogh museum-it's cool...
Hi cat, aaronsmom and everyone else!
Lori
Closed Thread