Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #1  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Default Alternachicks in the Seattle Area

Hi A-C's!

I'm going to be in Seattle the week of November 17th - 21st (maybe a few days before or a few days after, my schedule is not determined yet); does anyone want to meet up?

I have met many online friends and am a real person (the only one I know here that I've met in real life is Michele, whom I met up with for a few hours in Chicago a couple of times and spent a weekend in Vegas with once) - in case you are not sure about meeting someone from a message board. I think it would be really great to actually meet one or some of you face to face while I'm actually in the country!

Please let me know - if there are enough we can try to arrange a specific date/evening to get together!

(and Jan, we are going to meet up in Germany sometime before the end of this year, I just know it!)

cheerio!
Renée
Old 09-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #2  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

OMG! are you kidding!? Where are you staying? do you need a place to stay? am i rambling too much? Too cool, How come Seattle? We definitly need to get together girl, we'll talk more...
Old 09-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Ooh! I'd love it Technically I'm about an hour south of Seattle, but I could try and make it up there if there were good times to be had

Just let me know whenever you decide on a date/time/etc. because there are a few birthdays that month, mine included, so there will most likely be family functions and whatnot.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:12 AM   #4  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Cool!!!

I am going for work and I'm staying... I don't know the name anymore, but I'm staying at the hotel they recommend. Hampton Something maybe?

I will probably book my flight this coming week or next - well, before end of September anyway.

So I'll keep you guys posted! I think it would be FAB!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #5  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

Ok, we should meet all up and go somewhere and ... * ok, wait, my first thought was drinks, who am I kidding? I just got taken out last night for a birthday celebration in my honor, drinks on everyone else, and I get 2 cups of coffee and a tall ice water with lemon! lol. Then I thought a hike in our beautiful region would be in order but the weather would prob. not be our friend. What to do, what to do?
Have you been to this area before? Theres some pretty good stuff to do. The can can club is a fun time, or the huge gay disco, or the market has a great chinese restraunt (plus it IS the market, fun fun), or the emerald queen... lol
I have most all days available, some days I have to bring at least one child, but they are so fantasic and just add to the fun times with their wit and charm and good looks.
One thing, And Im almost too embarrassed to admit it. I dont stay up real late these days... Im a real early riser and like to get at least 7 hours, that being said, Im pretty much done by midnight.
I ramble. I have to do some much needed household chores.
... Im really excited,
Old 09-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #6  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

Im not drinking right now because of the empty calorie, couterproductive thing... thats all. No problems with drinking... this sounds funny, i think you know what i mean. I hope you do...
Old 09-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #7  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Missy, don't worry I am also not a stay-up-real-late kind of gal and I have to be there for work so partying until the break of dawn is not going to happen

and I understand about the empty calorie thing - we don't have to have drinks but we could meet at a cafe or eat somewhere that isn't going to kill any of our plans
Old 09-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #8  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

Sweet! I am so looking forward to this! If theres anything you want to see or do... I know, sometimes people want to see things I take for granted or wouldnt even think of. You guys just let me know what days and times you have free and I am so with ya.
Missy
Old 09-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Well, as "touristy" as it sounds, there are always things like Pike Place Market or Seattle Center... missy, I know you and I have seen them a million times but they're always fun to visit, plus it would be a good opportunity to get some walking in Pike Place and the surrounding areas have some tasty treats if we get hungry...? Just an idea.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #10  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

Meowkat, I completly agree. I do admit, I LOVE the Market and Seattle Center. I go to the market around 3 times a month, and I have passes to the Seattle center science center and IMAX. (we're members for the kids!) I never get tired of those places. I actually live 8 miles up from downtown in the suburbs, otherwise i'd be there more often! I love this idea! YAY
Old 09-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #11  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

I love PP Market! I used to live in Portland so I've been to Seattle a few times already so if we don't have time to do touristy stuff I'm ok with that. I'm going for work so I'll probably only have evenings free. That said though, I have NO IDEA what my schedule will be or how long I'll actually be there yet!

I hope you girls will be able to do something early evening (right after work/ 5pm ish?)? I understand if there are kids involved and have no issue whatsoever if a child or two needs to be brought along
Old 10-13-2008, 05:24 AM   #12  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

is anyone still interested in meeting?

I have my dates and my ticket and hotel is booked! I leave here Nov 19th and return on the 26th.
Closed Thread