Old 09-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Talking 30 Something Weekend Chat, 9/6 & 9/7

Happy saturday!!

10 week weigh in this morning has me down another 2.4 pounds for a total of .................. 14.8!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

It pays to hang in there even thru the slow 0.2 losses... so glad I did!! My sparkpeople.com page has really kept me on track. I still enjoy logging my food and fitness too. It helps me see what I'm actually doing each day. Yes it takes some time bt well worth it.

Up early again today. DS had to be in work by 7:30 so I got up to drive him because I'm a good mother!! LOL

Up and at em people!!! {{{giggle}}}

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

It's really humid and gross this AM. I heard some rain on the awning early this AM, but it was very brief. We're supposed to have a town picnic today, but I'm not sure if it's oing to be rained out or not. Rain days are tomorrow or next Saturday. Well, we've got until 1:00 to see if it's happening!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #3  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Hi everybody. I'm Sass and new here. I'm 30 years old and I will never be 29 again and that's OK because I love being 30!

Today is shopping day and I got my list and coupons together already. I will be paying a visit to Whole Foods, Costco, the regular market and Wal-mart so that's getting a lot of exercise in.

It's nice to meet you all.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #4  

Hi Sass!! Welcome to 3FC!! Everyone here is great and very supportive so you are in the right place.

You should also check out sparkpeople.com ... They have food and fitness journals and lots of information on making a healthy lifestyle. It's been very helpful to me over the past 10 weeks.

Best of luck to you!!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #5  
LBH

Sass, (I think you have your numbers mixed up in your profile nubmers!) Have fun shopping for healthy stuff today!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #6  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Sass, (I think you have your numbers mixed up in your profile nubmers!) Have fun shopping for healthy stuff today!

Oh my. I'm used to writing 200 some odd lbs. I gotta get used to the 100 and some odd lbs. now. Thank you for pointing that out. Going to change that right now.

I signed over on SparkPeople but I can't get with the setup. I find it complicated. Maybe I should play with it a little more.

And thanks to those who have welcomed me so far Thanks!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #7  

Sparkpeople is a little overwhelming at first because there's so much there. It took me no more than a couple of days to get it sorted out... Have fun with it!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi all!
Sass! this is the best place to be!!!

Valerie :congratulations: on the loss, that is great!

Lauren stay indoor w/the AC on!

I am planning on doing nothing today, I am hurting pretty bad today my whole body is just achy, I hate feeling like this. It is very hot, I am staying in the house and the a/c running!
I will see you guys later

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

It is suppose to be over 100 today. Ahh...I better get to my running soon. Hope you all have a great day!!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Good Job, Poppy!
Welcome, Sass!
I just took the folks to the airport this morning. Wow. That was the busiest two weeks of my life!! Thank goodness I had so many people to help out, I'd have never pulled the Wedding off without them. I have a bunch of photos, but they're all tiny with crap resolution, so I have to figure out how to get the ones off the CD, and transfer them to the computer, so I can show off! Any ideas??
I have so much laundry to do, and the kitchen is a mess. Have a great day!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. I got in my wii workout today. I earned some more difficult aerobic workouts so I concentrated on those. They have a hula exercise that can really make you tired! LOL. I also did step and running. It was a nice workout for couch potato me!

We went out for a little while and just as we were getting back in the car the hard rain hit. It rained just long enough to get me soaking wet before settling back down. We are still waiting for the worst of Hanna to get here. Later this afternoon/evening is supposed to be the worst.

Poppy: Good job on the loss. That is awesome. And you deserve an honorable mention for getting up early to take DS to work!

Lauren: Did you make the picnic?

Sass: Welcome. How was shopping?

Hanna: Sorry you are feeling so yucky today. I hope you feel better soon. Good job staying in the A/C.

riley: Did you get your workout in?

Kofarq: I think you just copy the pics from the CD to the computer. Good luck getting the place cleaned up!

OK, gotta go help corral the kids. Have a great Saturday!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #12  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseeds View Post
Sparkpeople is a little overwhelming at first because there's so much there. It took me no more than a couple of days to get it sorted out... Have fun with it!
I'll take another shot at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2be View Post
Hi all!
Sass! this is the best place to be!!!

Hanna
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
Good Job, Poppy!
Welcome, Sass!
I just took the folks to the airport this morning. Wow. That was the busiest two weeks of my life!! Thank goodness I had so many people to help out, I'd have never pulled the Wedding off without them. I have a bunch of photos, but they're all tiny with crap resolution, so I have to figure out how to get the ones off the CD, and transfer them to the computer, so I can show off! Any ideas??
I have so much laundry to do, and the kitchen is a mess. Have a great day!
Thanks and congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenK View Post
I got in my wii workout today. I
Sass: Welcome. How was shopping?
Still no Wiis in my area .

Coudn't shop after all. Hanna has got us held hostage in our house. It's raining and flooding cats and dogs here in Jersey.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hi all...So I see it has taken me several days to get back on here and then I just can't keep up. I went back to sparkpeople too today. My newest goals are to visit these sites at least every other day to keep up and keep motivated!

I have already had three parents want to set up conference time and it was just the first week of school! I completely understand that they worry about their children and they are going to make it along but sometimes I wish they would trust me, let me prove myself first and then make the judgements...the good news is that word is circulating around the community pool that I am good sped teacher to have...(two parents told me that) so that is making me feel a little better.

It rained all day today and has finally stopped. Hurricane Hanna certainly did a nice little number even in Virginia.

Even with the hectic pace of school starting, I managed to lose again and am finally down to 192.6...but can anyone tell me how to move my ticker without going in and making a whole new ticker each time...I am not sure how to do it...Well, I hope all are enjoying the weekend...even if you are getting the rain. Take care, Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #14  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Talking

Hello folks!!!
I am an old member that has not been here in almost a year!! I still see familiar faces.
We have been without electricity since Monday Sept 1(Thanks to Hurricane Gustav) so it is a good day!! It came on a little while yesterday but went off again, hopefully sleeping in 100 degree night weather is done!
Hopefully I can gas up the car without a 3 hour wait. No one has any dairy products/frozen foods and it isnt worth the 5 people in the store when 5 comes out with the generator running, and the store dark and wet.Plus with no traffic lights, you dont get anywhere fast.We are trying to find someone to cut a tree that split in half and fell on the carport before Ike heads this way and the rest hits the house. This has been a mess but I am thankful it didnt do anymore damage.

Well, I started the gym again(week before the hurricane) so have to get back into it as soon as their electricity is back. I am back for motivation. I kept the weight off from before almost a year and then have slipped the last 9 months.
Hello to the New faces!!! and the "old" ones!!!
Have a great day!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:00 AM   #15  
LBH

Mornin' All!

RR, Welcome back! Hope you don't get hit too hard with Ike.

Karen, the picnic was held over until today, and it's gorgeous out, so we're happy! It's from 1-5. It poured something awful all afternoon and evening yesterday. Part of my side yard was had a little river running through it!

Hanna, I don't have A/C! We had a window unit in the bedroom over the summer, but DH took it out a couple weeks ago, because it was getting cool enough to sleep with just the fans.

Have a great day all!