Default 30 Something Chat, TGIF, September 5th

Mornin' Chicksters

Happy Friday to all. I'm off to a dentist appointment ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning!

I am so tired! I had to get up w/DS this morning to send him to school. DH has to leave very early today so I had to bet my butt out of bed zzzz....
he is leaving in a little bit I am going back to bed.

Joan good luck at the dentist

See you guys when I am more awake

Hanna

Last edited by happy2be; 09-05-2008 at 09:53 AM.
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #3  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Morning All!! I am already coffee-fied and am about to head out the door to the gym. Then back home to shower, grab some lunch and off to the mall. I have a bunch of Victoria Secret and Bath & Body Works coupons that need to be used . That and walking the mall for a few hours is sure to be a good workout.

Joan--- Good Luck at the dentist today.

happy2be--- Go get some more ZZZZ's.

Well chat at ya all later----

Last edited by PearFreak; 09-05-2008 at 10:07 AM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #4  

hi!
I didn't get back to bed, I just sat here for a little while and then I started to get things done around the house, I hate being up so early, but boy do I get things done! it is great, it is not even 9 am and my house is almost clean! yeah!!!
I am going knitting today! I am looking forward to it!!!
I didn't tell you, I was not here yesterday, I went to meet a friend for sushi and we got to the restaurant sat down and 5 minutes later we walked out, they had the must horrendous music on, some techno music that was just making me crazy, it is very rear for me to walk out of a restaurant let alone a sushi one! I hope I get to have sushi today when we order food at the yarn shop
see you guys later!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

woohoo...I just got done doing some walking. My hips and back aren't killing me but aren't happy with me. This is the first time I've been able to do exercise during the day since the boys were born without having to get my husband to stay home from work! Normally IF I exercise it is around 10:30 at night when my husband has gone to bed and the boys are in bed. This is lovely.

Joan...hope the dentist apt. goes well and you get praised for your flossing technique.

Hanna...When your house is clean, if you get bored you could drive up to Oregon and do mine. I'm sorry the sushi place didn't work. What sort of yarn are you looking to get?

Pear...I'm jealous, I haven't been to the mall since umm...February of last year. I'd love to get some stuff from Victoria's Secret but I keep hoping that all of a sudden I'll shrink and can get smaller sizes. In the meantime I've got a couple 8 year old bras, 2 sport bras I bought for horseback riding (going over jumps with the girls able to move around as much as they want is painful) about 2 years ago, and 2 other bras. So...I technically have 6 bras, but on a normal day I try not to go for the mono-boob look so the sport bras are out, The two from before the boys are so stretched out they are there in name only so I don't wear them often. The other two...one is a really dark teal so can't be worn under anything light. Ok, so I did just get a bra 2 days ago from TJMaxx, but have to wash it and haven't gotten to that yet. I hate bra shopping! You'll have to tell us what all you get. I like to live vicariously.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey ladies! I'm just now getting to post since I got up super early (7:15A) and just started with the day. It's nice to still have Friday's off and since the kiddies are back in school, I actually get to do stuff ALONE!!! YEE HA!!!!

So, I ate breakfast and paid bills. Then I had some orders to ship from my online store. Then I went and got my nails done. Then called hubby to see if he had time to meet me for lunch at Saladworks (yummy), and then I figured... What the ****... so I went and got my toes done too!! Now I'm just sitting and waiting for DS to come home so I can drive him to his golf match.

Pear... $46 for DS's school supplies. Add in the cost of his back pack from the other day $45, + $60 for DD's = $151 total. I had $28.00 in coupons from Office Max otherwise it would have been $88 for DD's... {{{sigh}}}

They better get A's... LOL

Last edited by poppyseeds; 09-05-2008 at 02:29 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #7  

hey everyone!

cant respond individually right now...super busy at work...but wanted to stop by...its been awhile for me...i really need to start coming back cause i am so far off track right now...i need to get back on...hope everyone has a wonderful friday!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Hello, everyone! I have been gone from here for almost 2 weeks! I was out of town for a convention for 4 days, then off work for 4, then playing catch-up at work after that! It's been a little crazy, but my husband survived the first week of school with the kids, even filling out emergency cards and packing lunches. I managed to not gain weight while I was gone, mainly since we walked EVERYWHERE. I think I may be up a pound or so right now - it's been TOM and even though my emotions have been under control with my medication (for the most part) I have still had some moody and craving days. I am going to have to get back on track and get my butt in gear!

Joan - Morning!!

Hanna - good job on getting the house cleaned!

PearFreak - hope you had a good walk n shop at the mall!

CaffeineIV - good job on the walk!

Christina S - good luck on jumping back on the wagon - I need to do it, too!!
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #9  

hello everyone!
Christina good to see you! you haven't been around it a while!

Holly where did you have to travel to? walking is so good, I am glad you were able to keep from gainnig!!!

Val you got a lot done today! good for you.

Caffeine you have to have a good bra girl! I used have a very big chest = hug gigantic boobs, so I got a breast reduction, I used to buy very good bras I like Wacoal, they are not cheap bras, but they are the best, and if you have a big chest you need good support. You should go to any high end department store and get measured if you haven't and you will notice a huge difference in how you feel and how your clothes fit and how your back feels. I mean it!
I was not looking for any yarn in particular, I knit a lot and I have a knitting group that meets every Friday morning and we sit and chat, and knit and order lunch and..... it is awesome! I love to knit!

I had a good morning I went to the store to buy mobile me for my MAC and when I go to the shopping center where Best Buy is I saw my friend Susie's car parked in front of Panera, so I went in and there were a lot of moms a have not seen in a while, they all go there for coffee after flag salute on Fridays at school, it was very nice to catch up, I visited for a little while then I got to Best Buy got my program and from there I finally made it to the knitting shop, it was such a great day there today, we had a very nice morning early afternoon, we laughed a lot today, I love those days that we are all in a "simple" mood and laugh, it was a great time.
Know I am waiting for DS to come home from school. We are going to have a relaxing weekend, I hope!

See you all later!

Hanna
Old 09-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone. I did a thorough house cleaning today and, whew, I'm tired!! I got done this AM just in time to hop in the shower before I took Alex to school (I didn't want to scare off the other parents with my stench!!) came home and got Cass to sleep then I crashed! LOL. I opened up the computer and was going to come check in here. The next thing I knew I was waking up!!

Not doing great on the eating today. I made Popcorn chicken for lunch and had way too much. Ugh. I haven't had time to do the Wii fit yet today. I'm hoping to get to it soon. If I can avoid the bed that has been calling my name for the last 1/2 hour!

Hope y'all have a great weekend. We are supposed to get lots of rain from Hanna so I'm not sure what our weekend will be like.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote