Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thumbs up Accountability/Planning/Menus Thread: Sep 1-7th

Do you need accountability on your weight-loss journey? Would you like to share your daily plan and menus? Please come post with us and let's keep each other motivated on this journey.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Friends!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Today, it's back to work for me. My youngest daughter has signed up for martial arts class. The plan is for Hubby to drop me off at the fitness center, then take her to class. Looks like I'll finally start using that membership I bought two weeks ago! Any soreness rememdies you'd care to share with me? I bet I'll be feeling the neglected muscles tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for getting us started Rhonda!
I was a little bad last night, nothing horrible, but I ate a piece of corn and had a glass of wine at my mom's cookout, that and too many NSA fudgesicles in the afternoon. Well, I ate them all, they are gone, so I won't have to worry about that today! Sad to see a red day on my chart, but I had 8 greens in a row, so I will try to break my record this week.
The weekend went too fast, I do not want to get to work this morning, but lots to do to make up for a short week.

So for today the plan is:
B: cantaloupe, deviled egg, turkey bacon, coffee with milk
S: limas, V8
L: beef fajita wrap, roasted cauliflower
S: skim latte, apple with almond butter
D: meatloaf, warm spinach salad
S: cottage cheese with apple butter

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-02-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Add me to the list that didn't want to go to work today! This was my second long weekend in a row..this is a habit I could get used to!

Rhonda--What's your plan for tonight? I recommend going easy--your right, you will be sore, but you don't want to make yourself so sore you don't want to go back! A nice hot shower, ice for my knee (if I think I have pushed a little too much), a good nights sleep, lots of water. Nothing you haven't heard before, I'm sure.

Schmoodle--I know it was a 'red' day, but still, overall really not that bad. I know you will break your record next week!

I was fighting a migraine yesterday. Not a terrible one, but bad enough. I did go through some clothes--seemed like the day for it, two other people I talked to were doing the same thing! I have another stack for my gm's garage sale.

Plan for today is to go to the gym right after work. TOM is here and I feel pretty icky, but I will NOT let that stop me from working out today.

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies

I've gone through another gain. It's sad really. I keep thinking of all the food I'd like to eat before I get back into things. This is NOT helping and it's such a bad attitude. Today the kids went to preschool for 1.5 hours. It's gradual entry, so they don't go again until next week. Next week finally they go 3 mornings a week. I can actually commit to a gym membership for 1 month. I find if I am not working out, I don't like to stick to a meal plan. It doesn't help that we are going camping this weekend - so all that work (with 3 four year olds), there's just not enough time to take care of myself. So I am going to try to continue to curb the late night eating and just focus and write goals and daily to-do lists of what I'd like to accomplish next week.

Cheers, Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hey all, it's late but I thought I would check in.

I did pretty good today.

Breakfast: chai tea with skim milk, Kashi oat waffle with 1T peanut butter and some fresh blueberries, iced green tea with pomegranate juice.

Snack: 6 almonds

Lunch: Alternative wheat bagel with LC light cheese, deli ham, lettuce, and a slice of fresh tomato. 2 small carrots, a dill pickle spear, and a small bunch of purple grapes. Iced green tea.

Snacks: bit of cantaloupe and honeydew, more grapes, a light string cheese, 2 peaches, one serving of SnaPea crisps. I was soooo hungry it is a miracle I didnt eat the house.

Dinner: large lean turkey burger wrapped in lettuce leaves with tomato, avocado, ketchup, mustard. A few grilled onion slices, a small serving of fruit salad, iced green tea, and a 30-calorie Dulce de Leche hard candy Nip for dessert.

I biked 30 minutes.

I am not getting enough sleep. Tomorrow will be VERY busy so hopefully that means I won't have time to think about food too much.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingginger View Post

I've gone through another gain. It's sad really. I keep thinking of all the food I'd like to eat before I get back into things.
Ginger, I could have written this myself. I'm having the worst time convincing myself to get back on-plan again. Like Lyn, I'm not getting enough rest now that the girls are back to school. I know that lack of sleep makes me crave the starches and sugar even more than usual. And, I'm still taking the Zyrtec at night for these allergies and I think the medicine may be making me feel a bit depressed. But, the alternative is not being able to breathe and having sinus headaches every day. Also, I'm waiting anxiously to hear about a new position at work that I interviewed for, but I'm really not feeling very confident about it. All of this combined is making me feel anxious and stressed which typically makes me head for the kitchen. I need to find a way to end this cycle....quickly!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks! I am glad to be back at home in my own 'food world'. However, I did have the very best time with my family in Michigan. It made me so happy to see my 18 month grandson eating tomatoes, brocolli, green beans, grapes, melon, peaches and more. I know kids at that age - well their tastes change from week to week. But, I am glad he likes fruit and veggies.

I didn't do the best or the worst while I was there. I know I did eat too many carbs. I am planning to have a healthy day.

My foot is really sore. I'll do lots of icing and resting it today.

Plans for today:

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, peach, pnb toast
lunch - open face turkey pastrami, zucchini with parm
snack - yogurt, cheese
dinner - egg sandwich with sweet peppers and lite cheese (open face) on peice of corn on the cob.
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, 1/2 banana, skim milk

Lots of water

Schmoodle - good job on all the 'greens'! It's hard to stay away from the corn this time of the year. I know you can carry on.

Rhonda - soreness...hmm...well - depending on what it is - sometimes ice or heat. If one area is sore...then exercise a different area while the sore one rests. Glad you got the membership...enjoy! I hope the headaches and allergy stuff goes away soon!

Ginger - don't we always want that 'last meal' before we 'start again'. We have ALL done this - even when we know we can have some of those things in our healthy living plan too. Try and get thru the day as best you can. I know you can do it!

Lyn - glad you had a good day. It's a good plan.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-03-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chickies,
After two days of not doing so well, I am retaining some water and back up a pound, sigh. Well, I am determined for September to be a good month, so today is fresh start day. I got into a box of cheese crackers last night. No more of those in the house. And I've decided to go cold turkey on the NSA or sugar free treats for September. No fudgesicles, sugar-free jello, pudding, etc. until I am back in control and can eat them in moderation. I have one jello left and one pudding, so after those are gone, no more!
So for today:
B: pumpkin oatmeal bar, deviled egg, coffee with milk
S: BLT lettuce wrap
L: lima beans, tomato juice, sugar free jello
S: skim latte, apple with peanut butter
D: meatloaf, warm spinach salad
S: yogurt with blueberries

Lyn, glad to hear you had a good day!
Ginger, sounds like you have a plan for getting back on track once things settle down. You really have your hands full!
mj, hope you are feeling better today.
Welcome back Beverlyjoy! Glad you had such a nice visit.
Rhonda, seems like we are all in the dumps this week. Well the month has just begun, still plenty of time to get on track and have a great success to post for September!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-03-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #10  

Hey guys. Sorry to hear of your struggles but also I see a lot of determination here. Hang in there.

Quote: "I keep thinking of all the food I'd like to eat before I get back into things."

OMG that is so me. When I try to get back on plan I think, "well, once I really START then I can't go back and eat X, Y, Z... so I am going to eat it NOW before I start." Then I eat all kinds of crap. As if I will never be allowed to have it again? It's a hard mindset to change. I have thought about promising myself a one-day "free pass" to eat any foods I want, once a month or something. But I am afraid I wont be able to get back on plan in one day. So I dont do it.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #11  
mj5

Hi everyone! Phew, what a day! I literally had one meeting after another today--starting at 10am and ending at 3:30pm. I took my lunch and ate it during the 2nd meeting, otherwise I wouldn't have eaten until 3:30!! So, I felt terribly unproductive today. Luckily NO meetings tomorrow!

Ginger--I can relate to your post and 'the foods I would like to eat before I start over'...I did that so many times. I still have thoughts of having a day "off" and buying all of my old favorite junky food. I won't, but I do still think about it. I am glad that you are hanging in there and trying. Focus on what you CAN do right now. When the kids are in preschool for more hours, you will have some time to yourself to focus on you. Remember to take care of you, so you can take care of everyone else.

Lynn--I LOVE reading your menus--it really gives me some great ideas about how to spruce up mine. Sometimes I feel like I eat the same stuff over and over...

Rhonda--How are you holding up? Hope the allergies let up soon!

Beverlyjoy--Welcome back! I am glad you had such a good time. Take care of that foot!

Schmoodle--I am feeling better, thanks. Now I just need to get more sleep tonight--September will be a good month! I stayed up way too late last night--my own fault, of course!

I wore my new eyeshadow today! I really liked it. Hmmm, I need to come up w/ my next reward. Not sure what it is going to be.

Ok, I really need to finish making our grocery list. That's what I'm supposed to be doing right now!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks! I had a good on plan day yesterday. I am very grateful.

My darling grandson shared his headcold with me - it's the 'loveliest' headcold I've ever had. I kind of feel crummy - but, I'll carry on.

Today I am going for an MRI on my foot. The new orthopedic I saw last week wants to compare it to the one I had 18 months ago.

Other than that...it should be a quiet day.

In three weeks I have my bi-annual bloodwork drawn to check my cholesterol numbers, etc. I think it will give me a good incentive to eat healthfully. (I'll take any source of motivation I can muster!)

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, peach
lunch - cottage cheese, tomato slices, green bean salad, crackers
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, fruit, milk

MJ- glad to hear that your day today won't be so hectic! Good job on packing your lunch! How cool to wear that new eyeshadow.

Lyn - I know what you mean about wanting to have a 'free pass' day of eating. Some folks can do it. For me, it's kind of a slippery slope. I seem to have that all or nothing mentality. It's good that you know your limitation.

Schmoodle - good idea to get the foods out of the house that are 'calling to you.' Hmmm...lima beans for lunch. Good idea!

Rhonda & Ginger - hi..hope you had a good day!

Have a great ON PLAN day, folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-04-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:04 AM   #13  
mj5

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--Yea for an on plan day! I hope your foot feels better! You are the fourth person I have heard of w/ a head cold (well, 5th counting your grandson). Hope you feel better soon! Thanks...I have been really trying to pack my lunch M-Th, and limiting ordering out for Fridays as a 'treat'. It has been working well so far.

Yesterday I was talking to someone at work about how I felt I basically wore the same shirt (different color) all last winter. She laughed and described it for me...it was funny, but I guess I in a way I never thought other people noticed. Of course, how could they not?! She loves to shop too, but she is not a good bargain shopper--so I was sharing some 'tips' w/ her. Now she is excited to try to bargain shop too.

I found dark brown shoes!!! The best part is, I found a pair for $5!!! Now, that is a bargain!

The only thing I need is a pair of brown gloves for winter--to go w/ the coat I bought at a yard sale for $10--it's a London Fog coat and it is beautiful!

Well, I suppose I really should be getting ready for work....Have a great on plan day everyone!

I almost forgot....dh told me that he wants to try to lose some weight too! I am thrilled!!! He has asked me to buy some things at the store that he likes when I get groceries and not buy other things that he had wanted in the past. I am so excited!!!! I am hoping he will work out w/ me sometimes, but I don't want to push my luck!

Last edited by mj5; 09-04-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #14  
mj5

I almost forgot....dh told me that he wants to try to lose some weight too! I am thrilled!!! He has asked me to buy some things at the store that he likes when I get groceries and not buy other things that he had wanted in the past. I am so excited!!!! I am hoping he will work out w/ me sometimes, but I don't want to push my luck!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #15  

Good morning!

Yesterday was good for me. I ate right, biked, lifted, and walked and dropped another (regained) pound. So that means since Sept 1 I have lost 3 pounds (yes mostly water but that's okay, I will take it!) I just want to get back to my low of 214.

Will post menu later. Be good you guys!