South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Back to Normal Tuesday

I hope everyone is getting back to normal after this weekend. I'm sure glad the hurricane wasn't as bad as originally predicted, but it must have still been pretty awful. My prayers are still with you all, Cat, Mandyleigh, and Zeff. I hope you are all making out OK.

We got back from Maine late yesterday, after driving for what seems like forever. We decided to stay overnight in Boston, so that helped break up the long ride. Caitlyn is all settled in to her dorm and is very excited and eager to start her new life as a college freshman. She practically pushed us out of her room!

I could use at least one more day off now to get caught up on things around here. Jake kept the house clean, but we need groceries and I have a mountain of laundry that I want to try and get done before I head on over to Cindy's.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage It's so much easier to have them pushing you out then to leave while they are in tears. Glad it went well for everyone.

Belle - Any word on whether Hannah will be a problem for you?

It's a quiet day here. Back to work and no planned excitement. I'm really hoping for a dull, quick day.

Have a good day Chicks
Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Cottage, glad everything went well for Caitlyn! Trust me, the pressure is more on the parents during this transition!

Cat, Mandy and Zef., Keep safe!

Me... All day yesterday had fewer pains, but I'm afraid to go for a walk because SAturday I thought was ok but the walk shout out severe pains for the next three days.

I too hope to take advantage of one more day off. I want to rearrange my bedroom (hhhmmm. not likely to happen given the pains). But Joe asked for a ride to an interview so I might tap into him for help with this feat!

Off to make coffee and read!

hugs all.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:08 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Simulposting! Good morning LoriAnn. Glad to hear things are a little better. Taking it slow sounds really smart to me. Hope today is even better.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sounds like you are getting your week off to a flying start, Cottage. So glad your DD delivery trip went well. I Googled your trip and it sure is a long ride!

We're all relieved that Gustav lost some of his clout before hitting the Gulf States. I hope Cat, Zeff and Mandy weren't too badly affected and get a chance to check in.

We are about to have the hottest day of the summer today. I sure hope the AC remembers how to run. The lads are coming to get my woodstove and chimney cleaned and inspected before winter - seems ironic that today's the day.

Before it gets too hot, I'm going to pick some more tomatoes. What a crop this year! My garden thrives on neglect, it seems. I see splashes of red through the weed cover which just amazes me. Maybe I've discovered a new gardening method. I've made one batch of SF salsa and hope to get another done later this week. Every day I do another batch of tomatoes in the dehydrator and can't believe how sweet and yummy they taste.

Time for another coffee and the last peach with my cereal. This is a short and busy week so I need to focus. My "today" list is too long already!

------------- simulpost ---------------------------------
Loriann, take care of yourself today. Grab Joe for the bedroom re-arrangement.

Cyndi, a dull and quick day sounds good. I hope it pans out for you.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I just read about your terrifying experience over the weekend! Are you alright? Take good care of yourself!

Loriann, I hope you get some tests done to find out what's causing your stomach pains. That's a long time to suffer from them without knowing what's going on.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good Morning Gals,

glad that Gustav sparred LA the brunt of the storm
back at work for me
cottage so glad to hear that it went well. I have a friend who just dropped off her child and it was a long week long drawn out affair complete with chest banging many many tears and way too much emotional attachment for my taste...

Ruth it's weird that it's going to be so hot here today too.

Lori you take it easy

Hi everyone I missed ....

Me: standard day after doing so much laundry that this morning I was still putting stuff in the dryer...

may go back to the gym today... it's been too long.

see you all later...
Old 09-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #8  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning, all,

Dashing off to help hubby with some chores, no time to chat.

The approaching Hurricane Hannah shouldn't impact us too much, except for rain storms.

Today will be more of the same, reading, writing, running errands.

Have a great day!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #9  
Determined to lose!

Cyndi (hugs) hun... it's amazing sometimes about "auto pilot" episodes. I had a similar experience a few years back. I was driving home from work, thinking "my turn is just over this hill" I remember thinking that because I was taking a different route than normal. I was driving behind a semi. I did not fall asleep, but more like hypnotized... for I don't recall anything after that until I "came too" in two towns over! Instead of turning right at that corner, I "blacked out" or whatever, followed the semi, and woke up in another town. I didn't even know what town I was in, not sure how I got there. That's scary!

MInd you, I've fallen asleep at the wheel, this wasn't one of those episodes! I swear it was even more scary! Cause when I doze off I pull over and sleep (usually eyes get heavy and I know it's going to happen!). This was a hypnotic episode! or something like it.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

My DS first day of kindergarten is today! He was SOOO funny last night. Went to bed early. "I don't have time to watch tv" and "I don't have time to read a bedtime story". This morning...he was up and dressed before I got up, and was making his lunch. He was ready early!! What a hoot!! If only this could last the next 13 years, right?

This balances out that my daughter has had some stomach bug since 4 am today....

Have a great one! Glad Gustav wasn't bad!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

Twynn,... UM< Call me by the end of elementary years if he continues to be like this!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Chicks.... can you hear it?????? it is silence. They have all gone to school and I have no wee ones today. It is wonderful. I am going to enjoy my day of freedom. It will be the only one I have this school year. I was a little sad this morning as my oldest dd went to her last first day of school. I can remeber her first day.
Hope everyone has a great day. I am going to go read and catch up on everything and then I am going to print off some recipies and then make up my meals for the week. Have great day chicks.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #13  
Determined to lose!

Little chic, This year will be full of fun stuff, sr class trip, Last Prom, and graduation. And um, next year willl be another FIRST day! OF COLLEGE~~~!!!!!

ENJOY THIS YEAR!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:23 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I will enjoy LoriAnn, thanks, I can't believe that it has gone by so fast.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies, no time for personals this morning, spent too much time catching up. Had a great time at Lake Michigan, not nearly enough hours, didn't want to come home, and got in waaay to late lastnight.

Hope our LA chicks are doing well this morning.

Posting a couple of pics from our trip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2820437647_f13510b3c4_m.jpg (17.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2820445283_eb4dc40183_m.jpg (28.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2820456269_d565be78c4_m.jpg (14.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2821279024_133aaab23c_m.jpg (24.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2821293724_c98c052308_m.jpg (17.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Pacergal29; 09-02-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Closed Thread