Old 09-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #1  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Default Superfood Rx group

I am hoping to connect with other dieters who have discovered Dr. Stephen Pratt's Superfood RX book. It has two cousins, "Superfoods Lifestyle" and "Superfoods Diet".

I found the first book at the library about two years ago, and it was like I had been hit by lightning. It made so much sense and it was based on REAL food in REAL grocery stores. It wasn't, "take three cranberries and combine wiith one tablespoon flax and 1/4 cup whey protein"~ I borrowed the book repeatedly until the library staff suggested (gently ) I should get my own copy.

The basic philosophy is: go to your regular grocery store, buy normal foods, and eat a lot of them...for me 1600 Calories...and lose weight and feel great.

You can order all three books : Superfoods RX , Superfoods Healthystyle, and Superfoods Diet from Amazon or Chapters Indigo for about $45 including shipping!

These are written in easy to understand language, they explain to you how food works to remedy several afflictions and weight problems. They convince you that you can eat A LOT of NORMAL food from REGULAR grocery stores.

A typical dinner for me may be: turkey thighs baked with onions and mushrooms, multi-grain rices, broccoli, yogurt with berries.

How about Kashi cereal with banana, or oatmeal with sunflower seeds, cinnamon, raisins.

I am NEVER hungry, and I feel great. I do hope others find these books!

I am thinking of emailing DR. Pratt and offering up a group of us as a control/study group to PROVE that he has hit the motherlode of getting people thin and healthy! (good for eyes, immune system, satiety factor)
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I really like the idea too. It really helped me get started and see that it could be doable, and enjoyable, and not feel punishing. But I have found that now I just focus on a variety of whole foods, especially produce, and only whole grains (well, almost only). But I do keep in mind the superfoods and categories and emphasize them.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote