Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #55

HI & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Home of the BIG A$$ Walking Challenge!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this summer.

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Good Morning, ladies!

SUSAN...lot's of hugs to you missy! Try not to get too stressed, I know that is easier said than done. And yes, you can have the guy, lol.

SASSY...have fun shopping at the mall! I love the celtic crosses, they are so pretty.

MINDEE...you are welcome missy! What kind of cookies did you bake? You're making me want some!

FRANCIE...cute tat! I like your friends' tat too! The thongs are too cute!

HIYA JULES, KATY, SUE, TAMMY & ASIA!

Just thought I would drop in for a quick Hi since I was up and had nothing to do. Heading out to Penney's again at about 9:45 to get DD some the exercise pants. I bought her a pair yesterday hoping she wanted some and that they would fit. They did and she liked the shirt I bought and wants one, lol. I'm hoping the sale is still on, fingers crossed. Other than that, not much going on. Exercise is done and I am going to go get some breakfast and make the bed. So ciao for now ladies...I'll be back!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #3  
One day at a time

Funny Friday Picture...

Old 08-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #4  
RosieKate

Good morning, everyone!

I'm back and been swamped, but hopefully I will have some time to catch up here. I feel like I am behind on everything! I'll get these kids off to school next week, then I can get to work on the "to do" list.

Yesterday, I started pulling veggies out of the garden, after being gone for a week. LOTS of zucchini and cukes. I gave some zukes to a friend and he asked what my secret was for growing them so big. I said, "Go on vacation!" yeesh. I took the plunge and canned pickles. It was my first time canning anything and they look like they turned out ok. I'll let them sit for a week, then open one up. Hope they're good, I love pickles!

I ate lots of burgers and drank lots of wine, but the scale today says 173, so I feel like I am getting back on track. Hopefully I'll get to the zumba class tonight.

Hope you are all well, and i will work on getting to individuals soon...
K

Old 08-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #5  
RosieKate

oooh Cristina..that's funny

Old 08-29-2008, 10:02 AM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

This picture pretty sums up how I'm feeling today:

Happy Friday Ya'All.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristian- I am going to JCP later or tomorrow...their sales usually last through Sat. What kind of exercise pants did you get? I need some more. Seems I wear them a lot.

Susan- Slow down and don't get too stressed with the move. (I know, easy for me to say)

Mindee- Yum...I baked oatmeal cookies to take to a family thing yesterday and just brought a very few home. Too tempting.

Sassy- Have fun today. BUt get some rest too.

KAty- Welcome home! Yes, the garden has a way of getting over run when you are gone. My neighbor brought me some very large zukes when she got back.
I have tried to make pickles, but never got it quite right. I would rather can tomatoes and green beans. Haven't for years though. One year I did 98 quarts of green beans. Our garden was very prolific that year. We cut it down in size after that and never had a good one after.

Francie- Cute tat. Glad to hear you are in PA and having a good time. I was born in PA and there is beautiful country up there. Actually, Mom is up there right now.

Gotta scoot and get ready to meet friends for lunch. This has NOT been a good week for me....many eat outs and family things.

BBL
Old 08-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #8  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Cristina--What can I say about that Chase!!!! It's so difficult when you get an older child blended into the family. When dh and I married, my kids were 12 & 13 and his dd was 14. My main issue was his dd. She was all sweet in front of him but wicked to me when he was not around. She would do anything to piss me off. I could bore you with a ton of stories but the last one that nipped it in the bud was when her grandparents were coming to visit about a year or so after we married. She was probably about 15. She still had her own room because we had moved into his house. I asked her to please tidy up her room for the GP's visit and she refused. My dd remembered on moving day, putting all her dance costumes on this kid's bed before moving them up to the attic. Here we are frantically looking for a costume piece and wondered if one had slipped behind the brats's bed. We pulled the bed out and found several (are you sitting down)......soiled, bloody, disgusting kotex!!! I thought my dd would puke. Well, I tactfully approached the step-brat and kindly told her what I found, that I was not snooping in her room, but explained what I was looking for and understood that maybe she didn't want to dispose of the offensive pads in the community bathroom that all three kids used. I offered to give her her own personal trashcan for her personal disposals. She just stared at me and did not respond. Was the room cleaned up....no! I gave her one weekend and then told her that I knew what would happen if she didn't clean up her room....her father would do it for her as he has always done in the past, and that I would make sure that all her filthy pads would be sprinkled around for him to find. I might even include a few of my own for variety!! I won, the room was cleaned up, she continued to hate me but she soon realized what buttons she could not push. It's been a long haul, she is now 24 and turned into a beautiful women. It's only been the past 3-4 years that we have developed a good relationship. She has graduated with a master's in english, living on her own and will start her first teaching job next week. The devil...oh, I mean Chase, will come around one day. Just keep putting your foot down. When my step-d realized that two can play the same game, she started backing down.

Susan--I've been divorced for 12 yrs. Kids are grown. Ex doesn't speak to me, but I will see him at my ds's wedding in Nov. All the reason to get these last few lbs. off. Happy Moving!!! I wish I lived closer to the beach.

Francie--Lovely tat!! Welcome to the east coast. I'll be off work from Sept 3-7th. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything or have questions about the area. Have fun at the amish marts. There is a huge one in Annapolis that is opened every Thur-Sat. The food is to die for!

Sassy--Have a wonderful 4 days off!

Mindee--I'm happy to hear that you have a least a temporary fix to your bathroom floor. Feels good to get a compliment, doesn't it

Hugs to--Jules, Katy, Sue, Asia!!

So I caved in and hired a painter to paint my bedroom. After 3 days of stripping wallpaper boarder, scrubbing off all the glue, sanding those walls, I couldn't pick up a paintbrush or roller. Dh wasn't to happy about spending Labor day weekend painting so I hired a friend in the family and he is painting as I type!!! I'm heading out in a little while to run errands to the post office, Joann Fabric and Kohls. Tomorrow dh has got to get measured for his tux for the Nov wedding. Will run errands to BJ's and Home Goods looking for accessories for the bedrooms. Dogs need a bath. The lists goes on and on...... Pool party and cookout on Sunday at a friend's house. I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend!!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Good Morning, it is Friday!

Katy - Nice to see you back posting! Have missed you.

Jules - Speaking of missing, where the heck are you?!?

Francie - Like the tattoo! I am glad the move has gone so well for you guys. Need to go check out your myspace pictures!

Tammy - Funny on hiring someone to paint! can imagine it is a huge job, especially w/ the removing of wallpaper. Enjoy the pool party! Sounds like fun

Sassy - I am glad you are feeling better! Cute pic

Sue - Eating is is fun but it does have a way of having the hidden calories and the awesome weight gain we all seem to get, not fair! Enjoy the hoilday though and being w/ your family & friends And thanks for the well wishes, I just feel ill about the whole thing and just want it to be done and over with now. lol

Mindee- Yum, I love oatmeal cookies! My favorite, I use to make some really good ones, I would put cinnamon in them and they tasted so good. Yes, for right now it will be gaby and myself moving, so sad, I will miss the R's but the water calls. I told the ex I needed to be near the water and he said "that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard"... , whatever...shove it up your butt! lol He is being nicer now.

Cristina - Ya, saved you for last! lol Thanks for starting the thread for us and for letting me have the guy! Yee haw. Being on the coast maybe I will find me a fisherman w/ a boat.....yum, knowing how I love fish that would be the perfect match! lol Now I am happy again thinking about that....haha. Have fun shopping at JCPen.

Asia - Hey missy! We miss you too!

I enrolled Rach yesterday at the college,so she is all set. Phone went off this morning so she is high tailing it to her dad's today, can't be without a phone.
Feeling ok, just some cleaning to do today.
Drank a ton of water...........so , I can't talk!!!!!!!!

lol

gotta go!!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #10  
One day at a time

I'mmmm baaack!

SUSAN...what the heck is wrong with the ex, jeez! It's your life after all. Yay for Rach! They will be fine, and if they need you you are only a phone call away. Oh, I never have fun shopping. There are days I don't mind it but for the most part if I have to I would rather do it online and have it delivered to my front door, lol.

TAMMY...well, I am hoping. For some reason, and daughter thinks this as well that it will just get worse, or that he won't bother ever coming over when he is older. Who knows...I think he has problems that he needs to work out because he was old enough that he knew his dad and I know it hurts that he never has anything to do with them. It doesn't help either that his mother bad mouths him in front of the kids. Who knows though...maybe he will turn out to be a fine young man Sounds like you just never stop lady! Glad you got someone to do the painting for you, that's the only way to go! Have fun this weekend, and with your shopping! I know your bedroom is going to be beautiful when you are done.

HIYA KATY...glad to see ya back! Hope you guys enjoyed the beach!

SASSY...cute picture! Hope you managed to get some rest/sleep. Did you make it to the mall?

SUE...the exercise clothes are the SB brand, whatever that is, lol. Not really sure what it is but I like the fabric of these. I'm not crazy about what I call the noisy fabric...you know, it makes noise when you walk, or even move? Feel like I am just trying to attract attention. Have a pair of shorts that I hate because they make the noise. Yeah, that seems to be what I wear most now days. Have a good lunch!

MINDEE...I guess I missed That you were making oatmeal cookies. Those are my fav too! Oatmeal raisin..mmmm!

Okay, so went to Penney's for DD but ended up getting another outfit for me, lol. I'm set for fall/winter. Well, except for some shoes, need another pair. I seem to go thru them often.

Trying to get some laundry done now. Going to watch To Kill A Mockingbird later today. I have been dying to see it and it was on one morning really early. Too early, 3 a.m. early plus I had already missed most of it so...now I have the chance to see the whole thing! I know I saw it once but can't remember it and since reading the book I have been wanting to see the movie.

No special plans for thr weekend. Hanging around the house and doing stuff. The hubby is going to put a fan on the deck and who knows what else, paint my bathroom

Hoping everyone is having a fantastic Friday! And have a wonderful weekend as well!
Old 08-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #11  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.......I am done baking from scratch! I baked some sugar cookies again from scratch, using a different recipe this time. they still came out tasting like flour, BUT I over compensated with the sugar so that they wouldn't taste as bad as they did with the first ones I made!

I made peanut butter ones last night. So, we have two different ones to choice from!

I am happy to report that even with AF in town, I am down to 227.4! which is a great thing since this time last week I was roughly 232......so I am so happy about that!

Cristina~ That is a funny picture! I will have to snag it and put it on my myspace page!

Sassy~ The bulldog, looks just like my sister's English bulldog Winston, that passed away. They now have two small bulldogs, but they are females.

Katy~ Sounds like you really have been busy!!! Brandon starts school next week and I can't wait!

Sue~ How are you doing today? Any plans for the weekend? I have oatmeal cookies in the cupboard to bake, but I don't have any butter sticks.

Tammy~ It is good to hear from you! Yeah, it is nice to hear comments! Especially since usually the eyes are all on Tommy or the kids! So, it was nice for a change to have the eyes on me.

SuzieQ~ sounds like with you being by the water, and the ex not, is a good thing. I notice that when me and someone are in close quarters, we tend to fight and argue. but as soon as we step back into our corners, we go back to being nice to each other. so maybe that is what you and the ex need.....to return to your corners respectfully, and things will be much easier on you guys.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #12  

nope, not making oatmeal cookies yet......those will probably be next week
Old 08-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina..Thanks you, I know the brand you mean and I will look to see if we have the sale here. I don't like the ones that are noisy either...plus they are hot, I think. I like the french terry, cotton or even the mesh. Do you find that people are wearing them more and out to the store or such? I mean, I know Stacy and Clinton on What Not To Wear would have a fit if they saw me wearing them to Wal-Mart...but "everybody does it." (enter my Mom's voice saying "If everybody jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge would you do it too?"

I was good at lunch and had a veggie sandwich and carrot curls. Now if I can grill chicken for dinner with a veggie and fruit I will be okay. Riding tonight for sure!!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #14  

we spent a good seven hours outside on Friday, and we will be spending most of Saturday outside as well!

we are having our BBQ here at our complex on Saturday, so I probably won't get on here until either later on Saturday night or not until Sunday.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:19 AM   #15  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Ladies.

Hi Ladies.

Well we survived the Outlet Mall. It started out as a very very nice and cool day when we left in the morning. Once we got to the outlet mall, it was like someone turned the heat up about 20 degrees!!! At first I was very tired and felt just like that bulldog looked, which I thought was sad and just wanting the day over with, but I guess everybody took it as cute and feeling good?? lol. Well after we got at the outlet mall and walked around (we walked through the entire thing) I felt better, came home, showered and totally crashed and I'm probably gonna crash again soon because I didn't get to bed until 3 pm and got up at 10 pm, so I am still tired............

We bought DH a new suit for his interview and we got EVERYTHING (Jacket, Pants, Shirt, Tie, Socks, Shoes) + a pair of Crocs (they are a type of shoe) in HIS size (he was SO happy about that!) for just a little bit more than what the rude store we went too Thursday, wanted just their suit JACKET for! So we did good and the lady there was SO nice!

DH and I watched a very very hilarious movie (at least I thought so) "What Happens in Vegas" with Aston Kutcher and Cameron Diaz. It was so funny...........I just laughed and laughed and laughed.

N-E ways tonight is my last night off then its back to work Sunday Night. I am trying to stay positive about everything. Training the new girl, my long week.........I just look at it as an opportunity to make a new friend and make lots of money this week because its my long week (46 hrs + holiday pay + time and a half)

Have a Great Weekend.

Closed Thread