Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 07:53 AM   #1  

Wink Brand New to the Site!

Good morning everyone. My name is Tiffany and I am visiting for the first time. I believe everyone lives overseas from where I am, so it seems. I am in Sunny Florida. I have weighed in this morning at 235 pounds and I am gearing for 175 by the end of the year.

Let me give a little background about myself. I am a single mother of two lovely girls (9 and 4). I am an administrative assistant for a waste management company. (doesn't help with weight loss at all! secretary spread

I have a wedding that I am going to be in come this October. I want to lose at least 20lbs before then.

I am looking for some friends that can offer support and keep me on my toes

I am no good without support. I have a boyfriend but he is "happy with the way I am now!"

I am doing this for me and only me to make MYSELF feel better. That is the right attitude, right?

Well, I hope this gives a bit of info about me and if anyone has any suggestions....PLEASE HELP!!
Old 07-22-2002, 11:51 AM   #2  

Sunnydaze, I tried to welcome you to the SlimFast section but for some reason my computer was acting up and I couldn't post then.

I live right above you in good ole' Georgia so we are on the same side of the ocean.

I also need lots of encouragement and count a lot on these boards to keep me inspired.

Are you following any specific plan?
Old 07-22-2002, 03:12 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Welcome SunnyDaze!

This is a great site for support and motivation. My best advice is to read alot of threads and then just jump in wherever you feel you want to. I haven't met anyone here who wouldn't welcome you with open arms. :-)

By the way, just keep heading north up I-75 and you'll get to me in Michigan. Actually most of the people I've run across here are from somewhere in the states. But it is fun to talk to the folks who aren't and get to know a little about the world outside. :-)

My best to you on your journey.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:19 PM   #4  

A big welcome I post on christian encouragers and you are welcome to join. I also work in an office and you are right it is tough to get motived! I also work at losing at least 75 lbs by my DD wedding next Sept. And I know just what you mean my husband says he loves me just the way I am and he always forgets I am on a diet and brings me treats on the weekend. I also do better when I am reciving support I just hate to post that there is no change! A big welcome and hope to see your posts again!
Sami
Old 07-25-2002, 05:21 PM   #5  
just me

Welcome Sunnydaze, I think we all need support in this. I think it's better your boyfriend is the way he is and not the type to complain about your weight. That can be even worse in my opinion. But I think I do know what you mean about not getting support from him. I am over 200 too and not happy with my weight. PM me any time if you need to. I can "listen" and offer my support, too. Best wishes to you.
Old 07-25-2002, 05:40 PM   #6  

Hello everyone.... and welcome sunnydaze. I am a newbie here too and just posted this morning for the 1st time. Thanks those who welcomed me. I posted with the "10 pounds at a time". I too want to loose 50+ lbs... my goal is 80 lbs. I too need some support to go along my journey. I know it it going to take a lot to get to where I want to get. I have the time and the will power and what you guys do here adds to it ... you just can't imagine how much. I read on and on in the threads and they fill my heart and mind with good thoughts and feelings. I am glad I am not alone on this one and feel good about loosing weight. My hubby supports me all the way and tells me everyday what a beauty I am. I am 200+ right now and I too want to do this for me and only for me. He has never complained about my weight and he knows I really want this. I am looking foward to the rest of my life with a new way of thinking and living. I think it will help me reach my goal. I am 24 yrs old a mother of 2 girls. One will be 4 this Sep "Lizbette" and the other lil one is just 3 months old "vivinna" big baby born 9lbs 2 oz...hehe and 22 3/4's long....my hubby is very tall...he he .

well enuff bout me for now.....

have a greattttt afternoon.

keep up the good work..!!!
Old 07-25-2002, 10:25 PM   #7  

Hi Sunnydaze:

I am a new member too (today is my first time) and I have a wedding to go to in the fall as well, September 28. It's my brother's, in my hometime!!!!

I also have a husband who thinks I am beautiful the way I am (100 pounds overweight).

And I am losing weight for myself!

I just wanted to say hi and "you can do it!"

Marusha
Old 07-28-2002, 11:59 AM   #8  
Swimming Mouse

Default Introduction

Okay... I thought I'd introduce myself, but I've rewritten this message 6 times now, because it sounds like I'm whining, and that wasn't what I wanted my first impression to be.

I was never skinny, but I was never really huge either, not until I hurt my ankle and couldn't walk or swim anymore. I gained a lot of weight after that happened, and couldn't lose any of it.

I'd never been able to lose weight, no matter what diet I was on. Turns out that was just a symptom of the whole mystery... When I moved, I chose a new doctor, and the first thing she asked me was if I'd ever heard of PCOS. I hadn't, and 3 endocrinologists later, it was clear that they hadn't heard of it either... Or they had, but they figured if I would just join Jenny Craig I'd do fine. The 4th turned out to be a reproductive endo, and she actually listened to me... but then she decided she wasn't convinced that was what I had. I had the symptoms, but didn't respond to the medical treatment at all. So she referred me to a 5th, who also wasn't convinced... in fact, the 5th one just threw up his hands in confusion and said he didn't know what to do.
I'm hoping that when I see the reproductive endo this week she doesn't do the same thing... I would hate to have to start all over again. Especially since she was the first one that listened to me...

Meanwhile, not only have I developed insulin resistance, I produce TOO MUCH insulin as well. So they tried glucophage... both the XR and the regular. I was sick for the entire 8 weeks I was on the medication... I couldn't eat anything without being sick. The really disgusting part was that I wasn't eating, and what I did eat didn't stay with me, and I *gained weight* ! They took me off of it, but said that Avandia was out of the question because along with the other whacky body chemicals include elevated liver enzymes. The Avandia can also apparently cause water retention in the legs, which also lets it out for me: I have nerve damage in my left ankle, so that already swells everyday, and definitely doesn't need any help!
And this seemed like a good place to try, because at least one of my friends became very angry with me when I reacted poorly to her suggestion that I try the "salt water diet" that Oprah swears by...
I figure somebody has to understand what this is, and at least will listen without getting mad.
Closed Thread