Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of July 21st!!!!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2002, 02:00 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

It's been a busy Sunday around here! We went to Home Depot and bought everything to make the fence to put up around our little pool. I can't believe they're making us put a fence up...it's soo lame. It's just one of those little 30" high (only 2 ft. of water) pools with the filter...like the next step up from a blow up pool!! The town said anything over 2 ft and with a filter has to have a 4 ft. non-climbable fence! We didn't want to spend a lot, but we've ended up spending over 150.00 for supplies!! We decided to get 4x4 posts and lattice for the fence, thinking it would be the cheapest way to go. I can't believe it's gonna cost soo much! We're gonna put it together with screws though, so we can take it down. The pool is 12' diameter, so the fence will be about 16x16. I hope it goes up as easy as DH makes it sound!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 07-21-2002, 04:01 PM   #3  

Hi everyone! Hope you don't mind a new person joining your group. I used to be a frequent poster at 3FC for a couple of years. I posted mainly on the various WW boards. I have since permanently dropped out of WW. Just wasn't working for me. I don't blame the plan, it was because of me that it didn't work. You just can't lose weight spending all your points on 2-point Skinny Cow ice cream!! I floundered on my own for several months and then on 4/15/02 I decided to join Jenny Craig and have lost 22 pounds so far and have another 35-45 to go. I am happy with JC so far, although it is expensive. But, I decided when I started that my health and happiness is priceless!

A little about me....I am 32, divorced, no kids, one dog and one cat who are my babies. My life is kind of overwhelming right now. I recently left a job that was making me sick and miserable and was fortunate enough to find a much better environment to work in. Only problem now is I live one hour+ away and the commute is really killing me. I plan on moving closer, but am waiting for my house to sell first. That has been very slow going, I guess because of the economy. I am really looking forward to getting out of my house even though I love it. I stayed in it after the divorce and it's just been more responsibility and money that I want to do on my own. I am looking forward to moving into an apartment for a year or two and take things a little easier. In the meantime I guess I just have to keep driving! That extra two hours driving makes it hard for me to exercise as much as I want too and really wears me out. Can't wait to get this house sold!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully I can get to know you guys better as we go.

Debbie
235.6/213.6/165-175(?)
Old 07-21-2002, 04:50 PM   #4  
LBH

Hi Debbie!!

Welcome to our thread!! Sounds like you've got a good plan going. Where do you live? I'm 34, married, expecting our 1st child in January. I live in northern NJ, and I wish I could quit my job that I hate!!
Old 07-22-2002, 12:49 PM   #5  
LBH

OK, where is everybody?!?! I know it 's summer, and I know y'all would rather be outside, if you're stuck inside working, but come on, at least pop in!!

I'm stuck at work. Can't wait to get home and fill the pool up, so tomorrow after work we can go swimming...OK, it's not big enough to swim, but I can float, tan, soak, splash around...

Tell me what you do to keep cool in this weather?
Old 07-22-2002, 04:58 PM   #6  

hi all.

just popping in to say hi - my last day of babysitting is tomorrow. After being out of town on a work trip for a week & getting back & immediately starting babysitting for 10 days - I am SO anxious to get my life back!

hope all is well - hello to the newbies & welcome to our group!

Rabbit
Old 07-22-2002, 08:19 PM   #7  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the thread. The women here are really cool. Hope you like it here.

I have finally made it back to post. My husband is still gone but he came home this weekend. So I got to visit him for a little while. But I hope everyone is doing well.

Gotta run.

love
Sinnrah
Old 07-22-2002, 10:22 PM   #8  

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! And to answer the question how I stay cool in the summer.....I stay inside!!!!! This girl HATES hot weather.....too bad for me I live in TX!
Old 07-23-2002, 08:46 AM   #9  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!!

Well I don't have time to respond to everyone (sorry) but welcome to all the new people. We made it through the move. Wow - moving is ****! I hope we like it in our new home because I don't plan to move again too soon. We're actually mostly unpacked which is great but the place is still a bit of a mess of course. Haven't been able to cook soon but I'm starting this weekend if not before because I can't afford the calories or the money of eating out all the time.

As for the weight I think I made it through the move mostly in tact. While I didn't eat the best I didn't eat that much - too hot and too busy so things are okay. At least last time I checked. I'll weigh myself tomorrow and post on the goals thread.

Glad everyone's okay and I'll check in later when I have more time to respond.

Elisa
Old 07-23-2002, 09:30 AM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

Elisa- Good to see you back! Glad the move went well. I can't believe you're almost unpacked!!! You guys must not be pack rats. I don't think, DH and I will be totally unpacked until we have a big house with lots of room!!

Debbie- I'm with you, I prefer to stay inside in the hot sticky weather, unless I have a pool to go swimming in, then I'm a water rat!!

Sinnrah- Glad you got a little quality time in with DH.

Have a great day all!!
Old 07-23-2002, 10:32 AM   #11  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Lauren - we're a little bit of pack rats but I'm learning to throw more things out and we will still probably have some boxes in the basement that we don't have room for. And I know that if I don't do it right away some stuff will stay in boxes for years!!
Old 07-23-2002, 10:35 AM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

Good morning everyone!

I didnt make it to this board yesterday! I had a really busy day! And weekend for that matter!

I am doing really well! I am having trouble with getting in 2000 calories a day but I am sticking with my goals of 55% carbs and 25% fat! I need to get in a bit more protien though.. Besides protien powders, anyone have any ideas other than the usual meats, eggs and beans?

I am doing well in the exercise department too! Got on the treadmill both Saturday and Sunday. To yesterday off because TOM is finally hear and I needed to take a day off! So I napped when the kids did. MAn did that make me feel a TON better!

Debbie - WELCOME! I am an ex-WW person too! I was on the plan in 1999-2000 and in 10 months lost 56 pounds. But I cannot imagine counting points for the rest of my life so I decided to just go in and do it by eating healthier. It might go slower than a traditional Diet, but so be it.

GOOD for you on your success with Jenny Craig! What an awesome job you are doing!

Elisa - Welcome back! WOW almost completely unpacked! That is great! I know the feeling about moving though. We moved to WA from CA in 2000 and although we have already out grown this house, I dont want to move too soon! LOL!

LBH - I was gardening most of the weekend! Also the kids were in the wading pool! LOL! so mom was shaperon for that too! Yesterday it was SOOOOO HOT!! That is where I was! LOL!

That seems a little riddiculous to me too about the fence, but I guess they feel a bit safer than sorry later. Did you get that fence done?

Hope all are well! I will check in later!
Old 07-23-2002, 11:07 AM   #13  
Diet Freak ;)

Thumbs down HOT IN TEXAS

Hi,

Yes, I am in Texas and I die of heat. I had to put my spare tire back in the trunk of my car and by the time I was through I had sweat pouring off of my head. I try to get in the swimming pool but the water is not even cool it is warm....like bathwater.

Okay gotta go......

Sinnrah
Old 07-23-2002, 11:13 AM   #14  
LBH

Karen- How about peanut butter for a protein source? I did a search for protein sources...tuna has 23g. per serving.

Funny thing about the fence...DH called me this AM when he got to work to tell me to go down the street next to our and you can see through to the back yard of one house that clearly has a regular size above ground pool and the yard is not fenced in!! I told DH I'm going to start driving around, writing down all the addresses of houses I see with pools that are not fenced in. I didn't spend over 150 bucks to build a fence for nothing!! I'll be this towns worst nightmare!! (Man, are those prego hormones gettin' all nasty like that?!?!)
Old 07-23-2002, 11:25 AM   #15  
Pending Email Confirmation

Lauren!

Thanks for the idea about the peanut butter and Tuna! I always forget the tuna for some reason!

I have to be careful with PB! I used to eat a whole jar at one sitting in College! It is my absolute favorite and definately a "Red light" food!

All those pools with out fences? And they are making you do it? You go! Get all those addresses.. I'd say there was a double standard there somewhere!
Closed Thread