Old 08-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Quick Barbecue Chicken

This is from Cooking Light. I made it with a variation (used boneless, skinless chicken breasts) and it was divine!

Quote:
Quick Barbecue Chicken

Rub chicken breasts under the skin with the spice paste, and grill for a simple, delicious late-summer dinner. Leave the skin on the chicken as it cooks so the breasts will remain juicy, and discard skin just before serving. Total time: 45 minutes.

1 teaspoon sugar [use a substitute--I used Splenda]
1 teaspoon chili powder [make sure yours doesn't have sugar]
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves [use boneless, skinless chicken breasts--I used one pound]
Cooking spray

1. Prepare grill.
2. Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well.
3. Loosen skin from chicken by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat; rub spice mixture evenly under skin over meat. [I just rubbed the spice mixture directly on the breasts using a glove to keep my hand clean] Lightly coat skin with cooking spray. Place chicken, breast-side down, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 minutes [it took me 10 minutes] or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165°, turning twice. Let chicken stand 10 minutes. Remove skin; discard.

Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast) [mine served 3-4]

CALORIES 308 (28% from fat [probably less with boneless breasts]); FAT 9.7g [probably less with boneless breasts](sat 2.1g,mono 5g,poly 1.6g); IRON 1.7mg; CHOLESTEROL 131mg; CALCIUM 27mg; CARBOHYDRATE 2.7g; SODIUM 738mg; PROTEIN 49.4g; FIBER 0.3g

Cooking Light, SEPTEMBER 2008

Last edited by beachgal; 08-27-2008 at 11:01 AM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #2  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Sounds delicious, and I would serve with a bit of sugar free BBQ sauce on the side if I could find it.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Melanie, you can make your own BBQ sauce (though that sure takes a lot of time, but there are tons of recipes out there!) or here's one I've tried and liked: Steel's Rocky Mountain Barbeque Sauce
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #4  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal View Post
Melanie, you can make your own BBQ sauce (though that sure takes a lot of time, but there are tons of recipes out there!) or here's one I've tried and liked: Steel's Rocky Mountain Barbeque Sauce

Thanks! I ordered it plus the Peanut Sauce with Agave.
Belle Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:05 AM   #5  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I've been experimenting making different sauces and condiments (healthy ones) using cans of pure tomato paste. I'm working on a really good smokey BBQ sauce and I'll post when I've perfected it, it would go really good with this recipe for some dipping fun.

And I am sooo getting my mom to order me some of those rocky mountain sauces for christmas.. Great link!
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote