Old 08-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #1  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone here meditate or do guided imagery?

I know this was posted in another thread, but how about it chicks? Any of you have a favorite meditation or meditation CD you like to use that you feel has helped you with your weight loss?
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/181.5/150

Height: 5'0''

My favorite thing to meditate to is Asian instrumentals.. its got a calm and deep kind of feel to it.. I also enjoy singing bowls like monks use to chant to. I haven't really used meditation in weight loss yet though.
Crazy Cat Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #3  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I've done guided meditations and I've also tried meditating on my own (I fall asleep). The closest I get now days is listening to audibooks on my iPod when I'm "decompressing" and getting ready to go to sleep. I cannot fall asleep without them. With guided meditations I always did the destressing type, like, visualize a ball of light at your feet kind of thing and you visualize this ball as it goes form body part to body part "taking" your stress and tension with it. I always felt better afterwards.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #4  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Chick View Post
My favorite thing to meditate to is Asian instrumentals.. its got a calm and deep kind of feel to it.. I also enjoy singing bowls like monks use to chant to. I haven't really used meditation in weight loss yet though.
me too! i often use the cd "Shakuhachi - The Japanese Flute" for meditation. my fav thing to meditate to is silence but damn if i can get any of that anymore.

i haven't thought about combining weight loss with it, but overall meditation helps one connect body mind and health so i suppose it inadvertently helps?
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I meditate while listening to Indian or Japanese flute music - I have a few cd's of tranquil music- I find some Celtic music is good for this too -Loreena McKennitt (sp?) for instance.

I also do my own meditation at my desk for a few minutes at work if I feel like I am getting stressed out. This has helped me to stop stress eating.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote