General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-23-2008, 03:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: size 26/size 16/size 12

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm going to KILL these teenage boys!!!

I am going to detonate a nuclear warhead at my local park!!! Some of you read my thread about the boys making rude comments while I ran. Well today, although admittedly it was a different group of useless teenage boys, they stole our water. I run. My kids play, and play hard, and these worthless, sorry little (expletives deleted) STOLE our water. What kind of lowlife steals water from playing children, and a woman running in the heat of the deep south? I mean, they were playing basketball, I'm sure they were hot, but what gave them the right to steal what belongs to my children and me? Those jerks live walking distance from the park, they could have easily walked home, but no, they STOLE MY FREAKIN WATER!!!! And I am LIVID! The next gallon of water that goes to the park with me will have several bottles of Visine dumped into it. And I hope when they can't get off the toilet that the only thought in their head is my smiling face and my stolen water. UGH!!!! I think I need to find a better park.
150reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:30 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

You know I just dont understand people like this. They make me livid too because they give other young people like myself an awful name - the majority of us would never ever dream of doing anything like this. It really saddens me. I'm sorry to hear you've having such a negative experience with them!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:53 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Keep your water in your car, and if you walk to the park, even if it's a block drive! This is crazy, but unfortunately can not trust people!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #4  
South Beach WOE

S/C/G: 182/176/130

I'm sorry, that must have been very frustrating. I did not see your other thread about comments while you ran. However, I have Cerebral Palsy, I walk with a limp, not terrible, but its noticable. I walk in the neighbourhood with my MP3 as exercise. At times, teenage boys will be walking in a group and try to imitate me or say rude comments. Just chalk it up to immaturity, and maybe some bad parenting.
Brockbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Ugh! You shouldn't have to deal with these teenagers! Is there any other place you can walk just so you don't have to deal with them? Or make your hubby go with you one day and see what they do then. It's a shame that you can't walk in the park with them harassing you. Hugs to you!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #6  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i ride the bus with them - i totally understand. apparently the drivers are used to these kids being a-holes, but i'm not and it's not acceptable. i have complained a couple of times to the main office about the driver not kicking some of these kids off the bus like they should have.

i have a mouth like a sailor- really, but if even I am offended by their erm... creative use of the english language- then regular people REALLY have to be offended. Loud, obnoxious, rude, disgusting - was I ever this terrible as a teenager?! I hope not.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this so much. :C
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #7  

Lauren- I for one know that these kids are not representative of the young people's population-at-large. I am, due to some unfortunate circumstances, temporarily living in a very bad neighborhood. On the bright side, I will be moving to beautiful house in a fantastic neighborhood in just a few weeks. In the meantime, I have to vent somewhere or I will explode.

Loriann- That is exactly what I am going to do.

Brockbabe-I am sorry you have to put with that. I really hope that I am able to instill a sense of compassion and empathy in my boys. I would be very ashamed if they grew up to get pleasure out of making fun of anyone.

Froufrou-Thanks for the hugs, I could use them right now! I am divorced, and unfortunately all of the other parks in the area are rampant in drug trafficking. Fortunately I will be moved shortly. I am also recently divorced, and would much rather deal with idiot teenagers than the X

Lizziep-I used to live in New Orleans. They don't use school buses there, the kids ride the city buses instead. I know exactly what you mean! I learned quickly to stay off the bus between 3:30 and 4:30 unless I wanted to be cussed, demeaned, threatened and otherwise abused by schoolchildren. Once I was sitting by the back door and this one kid decided to use my waist length hair to bungee jump off the bus!

Thanks all for your support. It will all be better soon, but in the meantime, thanks for letting me vent!
Old 08-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #8  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

My God, I am sorry this happened to you. I can't believe some kid used your hair to bungee jump off the bus, that is insane! I agree with Lizzie too, some kids should be tossed off the bus. When I used to ride the bus all the time, brats were tossed off b/c the company didn't want the other riders being harassed. That is what they all should do.

And as for young people in general, it is too bad these brats kinda give them all a bad name, b/c I know many friendly, sensible people who are also young.

Last edited by Ookpik; 08-23-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Well, sorry about that...probably mentioned somewhere that you are divorced, oops! Kudos to you though for not letting them run off and much luck in your new home! Hoping there is a beautiful, peaceful park you can walk thru!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #10  

No worries, Froufrou, the divorce is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

Ookpik- I also know many responsible and wonderful young people. Unfortunately none of them are my neighbors
Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #11  
carinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150reasons View Post
The next gallon of water that goes to the park with me will have several bottles of Visine dumped into it. And I hope when they can't get off the toilet that the only thought in their head is my smiling face and my stolen water. UGH!!!!
Sounds like the perfect plan! What jerks!
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:27 PM   #12  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

LOL @ your idea for revenge -- You SHOULD bring along a bait water bottle filled with laxatives or somethng and let them steal it and drink from it -- omg that would be hilarious and it'd be just what they deserve too! I bet they'd think twice about stealing someone else's water in the future
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Not that I'm not sympathetic to what happened to you, because I agree those guys were jerks, but...
Visine is water can actually kill someone. This link explains more: http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp
I actually found several medically based website to support this, but the snopes site actually mentioned most of them.
Why not just load the water with vinegar--gives it a nasty taste, they'll then realize what a waste of time it was to steal it.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #14  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Have you thought about calling your local police non-emergency number and letting them know what you've experienced. They're probably already aware the park is being used as a hangout, but just in case they aren't. They may patrol more often or even stop and chat with the young men. These guys need to learn that bullying is unacceptable. And they need to know they're not going to get away with it before it escalates to worse behavior.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #15  

I've got to say your form of revenge appeals to me but what if a child picks up the bottle and has a swig or someone gives it to their overheated dog.?:

My Sister gave me a lightweight summer child's backpack from a store called The Childrens/ Place. It weighs nothing. It's made of fabric which is a similar weight to umbrella fabric and I can put in a water bottle and my wallet when I take the dog walking at the dog park. You may find something like this in a store near you. It's really handy.
spinky is offline   Reply With Quote