Old 08-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #1  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Exclamation QUITTING SMOKING- join me!

I am positive in the bazillion members who post on this site, I am not the ONLY one who wants to quit smoking, and is trying to do so and maintain my sanity. I thought that maybe doing this and trying to lose weight at the same time is insane, but I also know that I am keeping busy posting here, working out, cooking, cleaning and generally getting ready to go back to school /work. Oh and let's add the anxiety of returning to work after two years disability However, I know from what I did in June that I was so busy at work that I didn't even have time to think about smoking so maybe that will actually be a help not a hindrance.

I quit successfully in the past and I can't even remember WHY I started again after nearly two years...Margot kicks self in butt HARD I just can't justify the money anymore in addition to the detriments on my health. I did some calculations this morning and I am setting fire to about $3500 dollars a year....THAT WOULD BE THE LASIK SURGERY I WANT BUT SAY I CAN"T AFFORD! Last time I quit, at the end of my year, I bought myself a gorgeous blue topaz, a pink citrine, 18K gold ring. I dug it out this morning and put it on...as a reminder.

I got out my trusty Nicorette INhaler again this morning. Studies show that women have an enormous success rate using it. The only thing is the design sucks..it kinda looks like you are sucking on a tampon..hey just relaying what others have said to me. I have emptied and thrown out the ashtrays. Curtains are in the wash. I have cleaned my computer desk of all the ashes.

I really really want to do this? Anyone else want to join me, maybe you are already in the throes of quitting, or you just recently quit successfully. Maybe we can hold each other's hands, listen to the rants, sympathize etc.

I find it very interesting that they now say nicotine is as or more addictive than heroin or cocaine, in many many studies. But if you use those drugs, you get rehab, and support and understanding and drug therapy etc. etc. but if you smoke and can't quit..well you are just a weak-willed pathetic loser. There..my first rant
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #2  
carinna

I'm not a smoker, but come from a family full of people who smoke, and I've seen first hand how difficult and challenging it is to quit. I am behind you 150%.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I would like to quit smoking aswell, I'm just worried about quitting right now while I'm trying so hard to lose weight. I know the smoking helps me when I'm bored and feel like eating, I'll just go outside and have a smoke, and it takes my mind off eating. I plan to try to quit once I lose some weight though, right now, I don't think it's the best idea, as I am rather "new" at this losing weight thing.
Best of luck!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymom View Post
I did some calculations this morning and I am setting fire to about $3500 dollars a year....
Holy crap, thats a lot of money for cigarettes!. If I had to spend that much on smokes I'd definitley quit. See, I'm cheap, I just drive 20 minutes to the indian reserves and buy bags of them, only $10 for a bag of 200.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #5  

Mollymom -- just wanted to say I know where you're coming from. I quit 10 months ago and it's been very hard but worth it. I have saved a lot of money. Anyway....congratulations for wanting to quit AND lose weight and I don't think that is insane at all.
dtbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #6  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Angry

So a "friend" of mine is here today doing some work. He has also said he wants to quit and actually he smokes less than I do/did. He isn't ready though so when I went to the store to take back a movie, he asked me to get him some...which I did. Now I haven't had a ciggy since about 6:30 this morning, so I am JUST A TINY BIT JONESING for one right now. WHen I got back I gave them to him and he said - AND I QUOTE:

"Do you want one?"

I will not quote what I said in reply. He seemed bewildered and said he just meant, like was I wanting one...or was I doing okay....and I again won't repeat what I said. Now he is mad AT ME, because he feels he did nothing worng. OMG and GRRRRRRRR and #@(*$@($*&#@% #@%(*&% !!!!!!!
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote