South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 07:00 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Wicked Weekend!

OK, so where is everyone? It's 7, I'm NEVER first to post!

Lets see, dear son called me yesterday and came home for a spell! that was nice, but I now know he's in deep need of a good shaking, and humbling. He's in a bad way!

Diet, oops, ds and I went for calzone and I had a small piece with a diet rootbeer. .

I will be out walking dogs if rain doesn't kick in.

How are you all?
Old 08-23-2008, 07:17 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Loriann. I was up early but coffee was more important than you Beachies. (Can you believe that?) My son is mid-forties by the way and still needs a good shaking every so often. His wife helps!

The weather looks good for our sale at the Church this morning. I have my baking all labelled and ready to go and out in the car. I was very, very tired yesterday and had a bit of a meltdown but went for a nap and felt better. I guess I need to learn to pace myself better.

I have eggs on the boil for my deviled eggs for the BBQ later this afternoon and will get them done when I get home from the sale. There's a wedding at 2 but I'm going to the ceremony only which clears a bit of time today. Margo and Glen of the Hyper Pypers are coming up to spend the day in the boat and know they are on their own for supper so I need do nothing.

It's chaos around here but it IS organized chaos!

How does your weekend look? Wicked or angelic?
Old 08-23-2008, 07:21 AM   #3  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Organized chaos, LOL. Yep, that's about right!

Good morning, Loriann, Ruth, and everyone else who will show up later.

All is well here, just very busy. Tried the Kashi brand frozen pizza last night. It was okay, but I think I'll just make my own next time with Trader Joe's WW dough.

I cooked a huge batch of food for my dog yesterday, using a recipe from her vet. The kitchen was a mess, and after I made the food, I realized it was SBD friendly - chicken, brown rice, and veggies. So the entire family is on SBD. Now if I could only get that bowl of ice cream away from DH, we'd all be on Phase 2!! LOL

Have a great weekend, all!!

Last edited by Belle Mer; 08-23-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Thanks for starting us up, Loriann! I was here, but busy on another forum. I'm glad you finally saw your DS, and I hope his life gets straightened out soon!

No rain in our forecast today. It's looking like another beautiful day shaping up. We'll be inside, though, grouting the kitchen backsplash, and we may go out and look at countertops. No buying today, though. We just want to see what they're going to cost. I have a growing mountain of laundry I must see to, too.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend planned!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Loriann, I am here too, I was catching up on yesterdays posts and waiting for someone to start things up. and prayers for you and your son.

Have to head off to SIL today for a "boxing party" as she is calling it, she is moving and wants help packing, not much of a party if you ask me!

Not sure what I want for breakfast this morning, I'm going to have to think this one through.

Have a great weekend all!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-23-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:29 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Ruth, I admit to coming in here BEFORE making my coffee! Can you believe that? LOLOL
Old 08-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks
Coffee maker with a timer - greatest invention ever!

Indigal - thanks for sharing that picture. I've heard about flowers like that. It's beautiful.

LoriAnn - My bff's son is 23 and still in and out of her house and in and out of trouble. She's just preparing herself for him hitting a wall one of these days and hoping he survives it and gets his act together. It's so hard watching them make messes and letting them make their mistakes along the way.

Ruth - You do more before 6 AM than I do all morning! Glad to hear your chaos is organized.

Belle - We used to cook for our dog. Got the funniest looks when we ran into people we knew at the grocery store - 2 vegetarians with a cart full of chicken She loved the stuff though and I'm sure it contributed to her long life.

Cottage - Make sure you get out in the sun for a few minutes today Have fun counter shopping.

Pacer - Your SIL is one smart woman!

Now I remember why we don't have parties. I'm just too high strung to throw one without stress. There aren't even going to be that many people because it's an activity filled weekend (3 friends have family reunions, 1 has a wedding, 2 have music gigs.....) but I still need to have everything planned. If the past is any indication there will be too much food, luckily veggie salads I will be happy to eat all week. Too bad there aren't any Chicks nearby

Apparently it's time for the cats to run back and forth and slide across the kitchen floor. Have I ever mentioned that I have cartoon cats? Strange little creatures

I need to finish my Old Navy order (it's $12 jean day!) then get back to party stuff.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, just a quick stop to say hello before the busy day kicks in. I'm going to the farmer's market and run my errands before picking up the kids to take to hb riding. Then I plan to clean or cut my grass or something until time to go to the band jam in the park and the movie.

I do want to point out that I moved my ticker. I was down a lb. last week but wanted another before I moved it (yes, I'm greedy). One more week to make our August goals, it will be a challenge! But finally I am in the 170's! Glad the scale cooperated because after passing up all those yummy desserts at the potluck last night, I would have thrown a hissy fit otherwise.

indigal, the pictures you took of the flowers are gorgeous! I've never heard of Christ's Cradle, does it have a nice scent? I love moon flowers which open at night.
Cyndi, have a great party, and thanks for the reminder about ON. I haven't figured out what size I am at that store yet, their sizing is so weird and not consistent, but I wanted to pick up jeans for the kids. I think the kids sizes are $7 today. Love your cartoon kitties!
cottage, when we got our new countertops a year or so ago, we put in Avonite, which I really like. I really wanted Silestone, but I was worried about putting that much weight in the room (it's stone). As it is, I had to reinforce the joists under the kitchen. Good luck finding something awesome!
Stephanie, a boxing party, hmmm... Doesn't sound so fun really!
Ruth, maybe you need to find a wife? I keep telling DH I would like one of my own, and I don't care if she's cute or not, I would be willing to share, as long as she's a hard worker!
Loriann, glad you had a chance to make sure DS is still okay. Shake away.
Belle, I am trying to get the whole clan on board. Not there yet, though...

Yummy breakfast, my mom made some homemade ww bread, just for me. She assures me there's no white flower in it and just a little honey, so I took a couple pieces and am having a very slim slice for breakfast this morning. My mom just can't imagine a world without toast in it, and I'll admit, I haven't had toast in quite a while and it's hit the spot. Sorry if I sprinkle you with toast crumbs. With a little almond butter, yumm...

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-23-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:13 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everybody! As I write the sun is shining and it's pouring rain! We so desperately need all the rain we can get!

Cindi: Thanks! They really are exquisite flowers, complete with star and cradle, thus the name Christ Cradle.

Ruth: Hmmm...deviled eggs sounds great...Think I need to put some eggs on to boil!

Loriann,Bell Merr, Cottage, Pacergal...

The rest of ya...yet to check in...

I'm enclosing on the weekend thread this pix of this flower, a Christ Cradle" which bloomed in my yard last night...The bloom only blooms once...and about 9 pm through the night... (I had posted it on Fridays thread, but was one of the last posts)

I've got roasted chicken in the oven, and house guest coming soon, have a great day everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg collage.jpg (47.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Gooooooood morning everyone! Oy, I hope today is a better day than yesterday. Both Tommy and Little Guy were absolutely unbearable yesterday. Talk about a case of the grouchies. And they talk about women when we all hit our TOM at the same time! What's their excuse?

Today is going to be a long day. It's Saturday, it's supposed to rain, and we're meeting everyone at Chuck-E-Cheese at 4 for a surprise party for Little Guy. It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. I have challenged Tommy to skee-ball. I'm a bit rusty but I think I can take him.

Ergh, I need some tea. It's too early for the Fairly Odd Parents. Hope everyone has a good day!

Lisa
Old 08-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, Sounds like everyone has a busy saturday planned.

My kids are super busy but for once I do not have to run around with them, so other than cleaning house and maybe running some errands I can take it easy. May take DD2 to the pool since my other two will be Lifeguarding all day there.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning everyone. The coffee is hopefully brewing. DH makes Saturday/Sunday coffee since I make it the rest of the week. He's also making breakfast as he usually does on the weekends; skillet eggs, turkey bacon and ww toast.

Loriann: Glad you got to see your son. He sounds a bit like me when I first left my parents' house. From what I hear, I turned out alright! I'm sure he'll come to eventually. In the meantime, your shaking will help. Hope you have a nice day!

Ruth: I'm glad you're doing better today. You've always been twice as busy as I and I have my little breakdowns all the time, its amazing you made it so long without one. And a nap made it better? YOu must share your secrets! Hope you have a nice day and that the sale and wedding go nicely.

BelleMer: What a healthy family! Even the dog is in on it! If there's one thing I've learned about hubby's, its don't take away their favorite snack! Is the entire family seeing the benefits of SB? Hope you have a nice day!

Cottage: Looking at new countertops - how fun! You'll have to post some before/after pics when you two are all finished with the remodel. It sounds like you are taking your time to get things done properly, so I'm sure it will look great.

Pacer: A boxing party? That's original! At least she has you to help her! I'd tell her she owes me a nice, SB dinner afterwards, but you're probably more generous than I am with your sister!

Cyndi: I saw your pic yesterday when I was zooming by to check in and you look fabulous! That shirt is a great cut on you. Wow...you have a lot planned this weekend. Hope it all goes smoothly for you and that you get some time to rest.

Schmoodle: I admit, I love toast as well. I allow myself to have a slice of WW every Saturday morning. I'm glad you enjoyed your bit this morning. It sounds like you have a really busy day planned today! Enjoy!

Well, DH has breakfast ready, so I'll have to come back after we eat to finish saying hello to everyone!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. Getting ready to rush to the bank and grocery store so no time for personals. Want to hit both before the groceries and batteries etc are wiped out. Looks like TS Fay is going to head right on top of us within the next few days. I really can use a "vacation" day, but not like this. Shouldn't be too bad...just limbs down I hope.

We are supposed to have open house at school on Tuesday and I spent hours last night making this to wow parents since we are testing and didn't have a lot of time to make cutesy stuff in class. Cute aren't they? Don't let the angelic faces fool you!!!!! Looks like open house will be put off a bit.

Oh, and Mandy, if you see this and you like sushi, go to cate street station and get the ceviche salad. Got one last night and it was amazing.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-23-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Okay, I'm back! Breakfast was delicious as usual!

indigal: The bloom is beautiful...what an unusual flower. I'll have to google it when I get finished with this. I hope you have a nice evening.

Lisa: I agree 100%! DH gets cranky about once a month as well! I call it PMS (Pouty Male Syndrome) and he HATES it. Just makes him more cranky! Hope Chuck-E-Cheese is fun for everyone and that the little man enjoys his birthday!

Pearl: Sounds like you will have a nice, easygoing day. I hope that its really enjoyable and that you get all your chores done quickly so you can relish in your "freedom" for a bit.

Cat: Your students are a bunch of cuties! Looks like you will have a very fun, energy-filled year! Hope Fay doesn't hit you too bad. Stay safe!

Me: DH and I were supposed to go on a loooong hike today, but there is a 70% chance of thunderstorms in our area and its already started to rain. I'll just get in a long workout dvd in place of the hike. Since we'll be home all day, I'll be cleaning the house up and doing the laundry. I should also go to the office and catch up on stuff, but I think it'll be best to just do that tomorrow after church.

Well, my inspections with boss-man and the state's rep should be over for this year. He has some remote ranches to check but I will definitely refuse to do those. I need my girls to learn the territory!!! He needs to take one of them with him and I'll have enough time and foresight to put my foot down next time.

Well, off to check some other forums. Hope everyone to come has a great, beachy day!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Kim, I've referred to PMS as Petty Masculine Syndrome, as well.
Closed Thread