Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #1  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Pet Sabotage

Seriously, do they want us to fail?

I thought the worst was when my cat would nuzzle my face mid downward dog on my yoga dvds, or try to attack my foot when I was doing kicks with step on my wiifit.

The dog, however, has taken the cake. Yesterday, right after my last run interval on my treadmill, the dog runs straight to me. Apparently he was eating cat poop and got yelled at, so he did what he always does- run and hide behind mommy. Sadly, on the way to hiding behind me he jumped up on the treadmill, tripped and fell (so that I had to leap over him), jumped back up and started running and whimpering behind me, while I tried not to step on him as I turned the treadmill off. Once it stopped he just laid down right in the middle and looked at me.

So, anyone else's pets try to sabotage them?
Asynchronous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #2  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Wow, you handled that well. I would have busted my butt and prolly the dogs too! LOL!

So far I just get the dog licking me to death while I do crunches on the Resistance ball, or my cats grabbing my pony tails as I am going up and down. They get in the way when I am stretching and stuff on the matt as well. Silly fur babies!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #3  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

Diva- it was a close call, if he had jumped on when I was running instead of walking it would have been chaos and 911 calls for sure! Luckily I was into my cooldown walk and so was able to react =D
Asynchronous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #4  
carinna

Aw, I'm sorry to , but that was such a cute story!
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I'm lucky with my 5-pack of dogs - they eat up any leftovers, not that I leave much, they eat only kibble type and occasional raw bones/meat, which even I on a binge wouldn't touch, and:

when I first started dieting in the phase 2002 - 2004 phase, one of the things that spurred me on was that, because my dogs are all oldies, all nearly 13 now, I am very, Very conscious of keeping their weight down to prevent joint problems etc. One day it hit me that I did more for their health than I did for my own, and that's when the penny dropped.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: size 26/size 16/size 12

Height: 5'9"

I used to have a German Shepherd who did yoga with me. At first I found it really annoying and pushed her out of the way, but eventually just started to work around her. She mimicked me quite a bit. She would do corpse pose beside me and both upward and downward dog. It was hilarious. Not nearly as hilarious as your story, Asynchronous! Thanks for sharing
150reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Oh, my - yes - licking my face during yoga sessions, attacking my fitness ball (with claws) while trying to do planks and push-ups, grabbing the stretchie band while doing lunges, and my favorite - snagging the string on my yoga pants while doing triangle pose.

The dog AND the cats seem to want to be part of the action.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote