Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/174.2/155/185 ugh

Height: 5'10"

Default Just started Nutrisystem yesterday

Hi there - I just started Nutrisystem yesterday and I was looking for a place to discuss and I found this board! For some reason I cannot access the Nutrisystem discussion boards on their site and I keep getting the run-around as to why, so i gave up (it's impossible to get a human on their customer service line and nobody responds to my emails--kind of gives me a bad vibe considering I just started and sunk $300 into this BUT so far the food is not too bad). I figured surely there must be other places on the web where people post and here you are. I think it's really helpful to have a place to discuss/whine/give pointers and support.

I see there are other posts re Nutrisystem so will check those out. But just wanted to say hi to fellow Nutrisystem people (and everyone else trying to lose weight). And curious if you all had problems with NS's website as well? Otherwise, how do you like the plan? I am 39 and have about 50+ pounds to lose (sigh). I've decided to do this for 2 months no matter what and then see how I feel after that.

Thanks!
Lilaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #2  

Lilaq,

welcome to the boards... Do think you will learn a lot here...plus probably better than the Nutrisystems one.

I really like the plan...First of all I like the fact that the meals are so easy
to fix and secondly, there is no clean up to speak of... I'm alone so it's good
for me.. Wonder how people who still have to cook for their family do on this.
Would be really tough..

Puddermom
puddermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #3  

I did NS this past winter. It was great. Some of the food needed to be doctored up and cooked on the stove or in the oven but most of it was fine. There were some foods I hated but it was just personal taste. If you follow the plan you will lose, it is wonderful.

To the second poster I have a family and what I would do is match up my meals to what I was serving them the best I could. If I was having an NS pasta meal I would serve them past, if they were having take out food I would choose a fun dinner item like pizza, a bugrer or I would make a taco salad. I did the same with breakfast sometimes. Doing this made me feel like I was part of the meal and I was not missing anything, honestly my food was usually yummy when I finished it up so I was not missing anything but some extra calories

I did get bored with the foods though, that is a draw back. I am now hoping that I can soon afford to do Jenny Craig (to change things up) when I start to try and lose again (been on a break do to a move and no employment). I just started a Yahoo group for people who want to Jenny on their own with food from the grocery store. When I get paid from my new job I am going to try the little plan I made up

Good luck to you!!!
kissesmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #4  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

What does the food taste like? I've heard many mixed reviews on the system. Let me know how it goes!
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:47 AM   #5  

Congrats on getting started. I have been on NS for a little over 7 months and have lost 57lbs. I really like the program. There is a thread on here called Nutrisystem Buddies 2008. There is alot of support and some great ideas.

Erica - I think the food is really good. You get to know what you like and what you dont....variety hasnt been an issue.

Sue
catresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #6  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

Today was day 1 for me. Not bad, i am feeling GOOD to be quite truthful! I look forwards to seeing results and readin everyones stories and advice!
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote