Old 08-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/254/170

Height: 5'11

Default New to 30-somethings

Hello all! I just registered with 3FC yesterday and this looked like a perfect forum for me. I am a married 32 yr. old, mother of 3, work full-time, and am pursuing my masters. Needless to say - busy!! (like all of you). I'm a teacher and going back to work on Monday. I feel embarrassed to go back. I have gained so much weight this summer. I am out of control. I have gained 23 lbs. since April, can that even be possible? Anyway, I am looking forward to chatting with you. I just wanted to introduce myself in this forum before jumping in on the threads.
Lots to Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #2  
KAR

Hi Lots To Love,
Welcome to our 30-somethings group! Glad you found us. I am a teacher as well. I start back to school on Sept. 2nd that is my first offical day with my students. I am sure that you will do fine and lose weight. Good luck on Monday with school starting. Jump in over on the daily threads and chat with everyone.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I, too, am a teacher and we start school this coming Monday. I am really nervous about going back because I have been working out in the mornings since school got out and I will have to get up at 5am to continue this routine. I am nervous that I will stop working out because I am pretty exhausted in the evenings (I have a 4 year old and a 9 month old) and I am not a morning person. Wish me luck!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #4  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 231/187/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I'm sensing a theme here, I'm a teacher as well. I am sooo not looking forward to going back to school (we start right after labor day) because I too feel that I am incredibly fat compared to last year, but if my kids say anything (they're all special ed.), I'll just blame my heavier look on this really bad haircut

Good luck rileyozzy, I share your pain. I HATE mornings, but stick with it, you can do it! Think about how much more energized you feel after working out and maybe that will help. It helps me occassionally, but I still only work out for about two days and then quit. I keep trying though, hoping that I'll make it to that third day this week!
mommyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:22 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Welcome ladies!! Come join us on the daily chat!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/218.8/160

Height: 5' 9"

Default I found the right place!

I knew I was in the right place when I found all these new posters that are teachers. I too, am a teacher, and am in need of some support, especially as I head back for inservice week next week.

I am in the process of trying to lose the same weight that I have lost about 4 times over the last 10 years. I am really excited about this, and although my loss has slowed to a CRAWL I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on this board to get some good ideas! :-)

Mandi
mandidel is offline   Reply With Quote