Old 08-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Wed. Aug 20th

GOOD MORNING!!!

It's a beautiful day here in PA, just got done jogging...off to the showers then to the food store. Have to get a bunch of stuff done today. Dropping the kids off at MIL's til friday. I'm going to MA to visit the grandparents early tomorrow, will come home Friday.

I will check in later, but I'm so sweaty right now it's sick.

Have a great day girls!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #2  

Good morning! I am headed out this morning, too, so just checking it briefly. Tonight my daughter and I are doing a girls thing so that will be fun. However, it involves eating out--I already know where we are going so I will get on their site to check the menu before I go. I did great yesterday--got my work out in, tracked my food, stayed in my calorie range... I need to get that water in still!! Have a good day everyone!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/184/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!

pmasci - good for you for, once again, getting up and getting your jog in!! You are so close to your goal - way to go! I hope you have a good trip.

I, on the other hand, haven't done so well over the last day or so. I've been trying to get up early to exercise and I haven't been able to do it yet. Also, I've been eating so much - it's purely emotional. Then I feel bad for eating too much and I end up eating more. It's such a silly, vicious cycle. If anyone has any tips on curbing emotional eating, please share! I feel like I can make all sorts of excuses about why I don't get busy and do something else rather than eat but I'm not going to - I'm just kidding myself!

Anyway, today's a new day and first things first, I've got to go have a shower!

I heard a fantastic quote yesterday during the Olympics coverage. It was from Tommie Smith a 1968 Olympic medalist who was suspended from the US track team after winning gold for giving the "black power" salute on the podium (it may not be exact):
"I can't hear what you're saying, what you're doing is too loud."

I hope you all have a good day!
guppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

So it was rough getting up this AM. I just remembered that I was awake a lot last night. I don't think it was anything in particular waking me up, but it was like, 12:30 am, when you think you've slept all night, but have hours to go! Ugh...

It's getting chilly in the AM too. Had the window open last night and the fans on. Normally that would make me sleep like a log, but I dunno. Anyway, I hate getting up in the cold, darker weather.

Have a great day all...I'll be back in a bit with some responses.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' everyone!!!! Happy Hump day!

I got home from work this am and can't believe how quiet the house is without the kids. Even DH went in to work today. Its just me and the dogs... AHHHHHH!!!!!! Now I need to get off my big cabose and clean!

Pam, have a good trip! Are you driving or flying? My grandma lived in MA when she first came to the US.

Lauren, its cool here in the mornings but its still hot in the afternoons.

Hey Marianne, I struggle with emotional eating to. Food is so comforting in those times. We just need to find something else just as comforting...

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day. I'll check back later!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #6  

good morning!

hanna: are you watching big brother (or is anyone else???)...im into it this season...last season i wasnt but this one is good...i want april gone tomorrow...glad you all are doing well...when does sean start school

lauren: funny! i feel the same way...i feel like when i slept i slept well but im tired because i kept waking up...ill be a 1/2 zombie today...have a great one

pam: you are so good with your exercise....keep up the GREAT work!

marianne: hang in there...im having a hard time right now (well for the past like 3 months)...i am trying so hard to get back into the groove...you can do it!..i like that quote...its very true

rlk: girls night sounds fun!...there are only boys in my house so if i want a girls night i have to wait to see my niece (she is in another state) and she is only 3 but she is a doll...or go with friends...have a great time!

its supposed to be a pretty nice day here today...yeah...i love the warm weather...busy day at work again...taking little mario to the park this afternoon then go watch dominic at football...busy day...you would think with as busy as i am every day all day i would be stick thin...i think the problem is....at work i forget to eat...its like i tell myself to eat then something comes up and 2 hours has gone by...so i eat pretty much right before i leave and then eat a ton when im at home...i need to fix that and eat more at work so im not so hungry in the afternoon...will figure something out

ok...im rambling...gotta go finish getting ready...have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #7  

hey alicia! how the heck are you????...enjoy the quiet till the kids get home then enjoy the kids!!!...have a great day
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Popping in...probably going to be heading out to the beach today where there is no internet/tv/phone. It will be just me and the boys as my DH needs to work. Don't know how long I'd be there...probably till Saturday. Hope I can keep on the diet while I'm gone. It is away from the house that I have the hardest time.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pam~a~Rama!!! You are soooo close to goal. Wow! Obviously, Sparkpeople is really helping you. I did sign up but now need help figuring it out. I will have to take the time to sit down and look the whole thing over. Have a good trip tomorrow. Oh, BTW ~ Brigid *loves* school! I like it too.

RLK ~ what are you and your daughter doing? Are the two of you just going out for a meal together? Enjoy!

Marianne ~ love the quote... how true. I am in the same boat as you are right now. I'll eat something, then feel bad and instead of stopping, I'll eat something else (???). It's ridiculous. I went for a great walk last night, came back home and finished up the kids popcorn ~ dumb! One thing that has helped me in the past is this... when I am lying in bed at night and thinking back over my day, I hate the feeling that comes over me when I've made poor food choices. So, I will tell myself before I eat something, do I want to have that bad feeling tonight before going to sleep or do I want to pass up this dense, rich, oh so chocolately piece of cake, and go to sleep tonight filled with good, proud feelings? Obviously, it didn't work for ME yesterday but today is a brand new day and I just finished eating a great healthy breakfast... We are all in the same boat here so thanks for being so candid. I hear ya' Babe....

Lauren ~ hope that you're feeling better now that you've gotten your 20 oz. of coffee in. BTW, I had to laugh when reading about your feeling shaky after drinking 30 ozs. of java! Holy Cow. I can't function w/o coffee in the morning but that would be way more than I could handle. I've really cut back these past few months. How are the meds working? Also, glad to hear that your mom is doing so well.

Alicia ~ how is school going for the kiddies?

Hanna ~ I agree with you 100% about working mom/single moms!!! My hat goes off to all of you ladies. Kudos. I am a SAHM and I thought that I'd have so much more time now that my youngest just started Kindergarten. Hah! My days flies by and I feel like I didn't get accomplish much.

Gotta run some errands before my little one gets home from school. Hope that everyone has a great day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #10  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Popping in here quick... as I am about to head out the door with the kiddos... going to the Park... because it is nice here. Unlike yesterday. Weird weather we are having... rain, rain rain, one nice day, more rain and storms then today nice but chilly. Weird I tell ya.
So we made our yummy brownies and I ate ...... drum roll...... one !!! with a scoop of vanilla icecream. Small scoop. Everyone pitched in making them, all four of us. It was fun.
Well like I said I am headed out the door and have a playgroup to go to later on this afternoon as well. So hoping to catch up on personals later... Hope you all have a lovely day... Chat at ya later...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pear ~ you only ate one? Good for you!

I do fine the first time around. My problem is when the brownies are still there the next day... that is when I get myself in trouble.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #12  

Joan--I am actually taking my daughter for a hair cut w/my stylist (big stuff!). And then we're getting supper. It's tough being a twin--she rarely gets this one on one attention-- so she's pretty excited. And I am happy to do some girl bonding.

Well, had a brownie w/lunch but I counted it on my tracker so I am sure I will be fine today. Have a good one--sorry no more time for personals...
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6

Hey all..

Rlk, hope you have a great girls night...as for the water, just force it. Guzzle a glass down without stopping. Then a half hour later do another. Before you know it, your body will be craving water. I generally don't drink anything else except two cups of coffee in the AM and maybe 2 diet cokes a week, and I get in like 12-15 glasses of water daily. Good luck with it, and congrats on staying in the cal. range!!

Guppy, I don't have any advice on emotional eating, I'm really just a bored eater. Wish I could give you some tips, but I can say this...take it one meal at a time. YOu'll get back to it!!

Lauren, yeah, I slept crappy last night too!!! Got up an hour later than usual today, I hate that!!! I do love getting out in the cooler morning weather, though!!

Alicia, hope you are getting the cleaning done!! How's Spencer doing in third grade?? And Mckayla..I forget what grade she's in...DOH!! Oh, and I'm driving to MA..about 4 hours one way. Kind of looking forward to being by myself, though!

Christina, how's Dominic doing in school? I guess football's going well. Is he still at Sears, or did he find something else? You need to bring some snacks or something for yourself..then you won't be starving when you get home!! Maybe pack something the night before??

Joan, yes sparkpeople is really helping. I don't really use the social/chat side of it, i basically just track my food & fitness...and I agree, I think about how I'm gonna feel if I put something in my mouth, if it's gonna be worth it. If I'm gonna be mad at myself, then I don't eat it. It usually works for me, and I think it's a good idea to stop & think before eating. So, Brigid loves school, Huh?? Cady goes for an open house to meet her teacher/classmates next thurs., and school starts on the 2nd. She's a little nervous & excited at the same time.

Pear, good for you for only eating one brownie!! You're doing great! Hope you're enjoying the playdate!

Okay, back to laundry. I also have to make and tint some icing for a cake I have to decorate when I get home on Friday. Trying to get as much done ahead of time as possible. So...I probably won't be back on until Sat. AM...Until then, keep up the good work girls!!

Cheers,
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Yay! The Man is home! I picked him up at the airport at noon, and we went to get the marriage license! Home for lunch, and yadda, yadda, yadda, am I ever tired!!
So nice to have him home! DD doesn't get home till next week, when everybody else shows up, so we'll have lots of one-on-one time.

I had to re-do my number of points, now that I'm working out a lot, and I get 5 more per day!! Maybe I haven't been eating enough, and that's why I'm at a plateau! Also I noticed I have really nice, strong-looking calf muscles, so something is going right!!!

Is is Everyone Eat Only One Brownie Week? Good job, girls!!
What's that, Honey? I'll be right there!

Last edited by Kofarq; 08-20-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #15  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Well well well, another day in the books. All went well for the most part. The park was fun... except that when I went up with my ds to go down the slide I found that someone had written swear words all over the arch of the slide . Wonderful, just wonderful. I don't live in a bad town, this isn't a bad area either... why? Why would someone do such a thing? UGH. So glad my little guy doesn't read yet. Boy am I glad.
Playgroup was ... fun. My fave mom was there . You all know the kind. The One Upper. You say something, she one ups ya . Yes, wonderful. My goodness, it got so tiring after the two hours of playtime.
Well I only ate one more tiny brownie today, so tempted to eat another- but didn't . I did go on the scale and noticed I am down another pound!! Yippie!!!!

Kofarq---- Yay the Man is Home !!!! I bet you are so very Happy!!!

RLK2005--- Hope you and your dd had a great time spending time together. My dd and I are actually planning a Day Out , but not until the beginning of Sept.

It seems like many of us are on a Brownie making and eating kick- hey.

Well I'll end here, hope everyone has had a wonderful day/night. Chat at ya later...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote